Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fantastic response to taking the knee 17:53 - Aug 21 with 1259 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Pretty much the only positive I have for today. Nobody around me booed, which was great. Made me feel very happy to see such a response.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 17:54 - Aug 21 with 1239 viewspointofblue

I do have another positive from today - the number of chances we created despite not having a central midfield to speak of.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 17:55 - Aug 21 with 1227 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 17:54 - Aug 21 by pointofblue

I do have another positive from today - the number of chances we created despite not having a central midfield to speak of.

Normally that would be one, but I am so frustrated with the amount of good balls we zing across the area that nobody gets on to.

Kyle Edwards I guess is a positive and Bonne.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 17:57 - Aug 21 with 1201 viewsDeano69

While I agree it was a great response if that was your only positive today, perhaps football is not for you.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 17:59 - Aug 21 with 1181 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 17:57 - Aug 21 by Deano69

While I agree it was a great response if that was your only positive today, perhaps football is not for you.

4 games in, looking dangerous isn't enough for me to come away from the game with and be positive about, that should be a given with the wages we are paying this team.

I want to win games Deano, and I will be incredibly frustrated until we do.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 18:00]

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 18:06 - Aug 21 with 1162 viewsBelsteadCav

I heard a few boo’s from the north stand 🤷🏼‍♂️

Doesn’t surprise me, bunch of di*ks

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 18:10 - Aug 21 with 1143 viewsDeano69

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 17:59 - Aug 21 by TRUE_BLUE123

4 games in, looking dangerous isn't enough for me to come away from the game with and be positive about, that should be a given with the wages we are paying this team.

I want to win games Deano, and I will be incredibly frustrated until we do.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 18:00]

I get that, we all want wins. But to say Bonne scoring a couple and playing well, watching Edwards weave through the defence, playing forward thinking football (first half at least), aren’t positives is a bit surprising.

I am certain the wins will come. A settled starting eleven, tighten up on mistakes and those shot on the inside of the posts going in will make the difference.

Keep the faith fellow blue!!
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 18:13]

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 18:18 - Aug 21 with 1107 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 18:10 - Aug 21 by Deano69

I get that, we all want wins. But to say Bonne scoring a couple and playing well, watching Edwards weave through the defence, playing forward thinking football (first half at least), aren’t positives is a bit surprising.

I am certain the wins will come. A settled starting eleven, tighten up on mistakes and those shot on the inside of the posts going in will make the difference.

Keep the faith fellow blue!!
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 18:13]

Well I guess with a cool head looking back and even during the game, I was delighted for bonne and I am happy that Edwards is as good as he, so will agree with you there.

Personally I am very concerned, particularly with the midfield.

But here is praying this season goes well, because we really deserve a good one.

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 18:48 - Aug 21 with 1022 viewsHighgateBlue

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 17:55 - Aug 21 by TRUE_BLUE123

Normally that would be one, but I am so frustrated with the amount of good balls we zing across the area that nobody gets on to.

If we were awarded even 0.05 of a goal for zinging a ball across the box, we'd be in the top six, but we don't. I think someone should tell Cook that. He'll be very cross when he finds out though...
Login to get fewer ads

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 18:49 - Aug 21 with 1005 viewspointofblue

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 18:48 - Aug 21 by HighgateBlue

If we were awarded even 0.05 of a goal for zinging a ball across the box, we'd be in the top six, but we don't. I think someone should tell Cook that. He'll be very cross when he finds out though...

I guess this is one area where it could be argument that much famed word 'gelling' may be needed - players will learn where Edwards will aim the balls or Edwards will learn where the players will be lurking.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 18:50 - Aug 21 with 996 viewslegoman

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 17:55 - Aug 21 by TRUE_BLUE123

Early days!

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 18:50 - Aug 21 with 995 viewsBLUEBEAT

Sit in Pioneer but could hear a fair few boos from North Stand.

Poll: W or W

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 18:52 - Aug 21 with 988 viewsRobbie12345

Totally the opposite where I was, clearly the quietest period of the game by a long long way, more people booing than clapping, most people standing there in silence.

Poll: You can start one vs Birmingham

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 18:53 - Aug 21 with 971 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 18:52 - Aug 21 by Robbie12345

Totally the opposite where I was, clearly the quietest period of the game by a long long way, more people booing than clapping, most people standing there in silence.

That is sad to here, I guess every club has its morons though.

It does relive me to know that those around me aren't morons though.

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 19:32 - Aug 21 with 879 viewsReuser_is_God

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 18:06 - Aug 21 by BelsteadCav

I heard a few boo’s from the north stand 🤷🏼‍♂️

Doesn’t surprise me, bunch of di*ks

I heard no booing of the knee in the North Stand.

Be nice if other sections of the ground got behind the team aswell though.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 19:47 - Aug 21 with 842 viewsSwansea_Blue

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 17:57 - Aug 21 by Deano69

100% this. How could anyone have watched that and not found any positives? Mind boggling stuff.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 19:53 - Aug 21 with 825 viewschrismakin

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 18:48 - Aug 21 by HighgateBlue

The fact its happening is a massive positive tho.

It means we are doing what he wants us to do going forwards.. now it's about getting more bodies into the box at the right times. Which is something that will improve as we go along.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 19:55 - Aug 21 with 819 viewsSomethingBlue

Seems Tom Hunt's dogwhistling does not reflect the sentiment of his constituents.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 22:39 - Aug 21 with 678 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 19:47 - Aug 21 by Swansea_Blue

100% this. How could anyone have watched that and not found any positives? Mind boggling stuff.

Because I want to win a game. We have played ok in all 4 games at points so far, but the results aren’t getting better.

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 22:40 - Aug 21 with 676 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Fantastic response to taking the knee on 19:55 - Aug 21 by SomethingBlue

Seems Tom Hunt's dogwhistling does not reflect the sentiment of his constituents.

Sadly he will still get voted back in. Along with his nasty party.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024