Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Building out from the back 18:11 - Aug 21 with 302 viewsKeaneish

There’s no doubt Lambert was chastised for this and many clubs have failed many a time to do this well, Arsenal under Emery being a perfect example. Our shape and ball retention is definitely better under PC and we do look to play wide or through the middle more often than not and any long balls into channels have more purpose but we have to do it quicker and push up quicker too.

The longer we play with it in our third the more likelihood we have of conceding. We got away with it a few times today but we need to better.

I thought our shape improved in the middle withCarroll coming into pick up Thine but we lost a little in the wide areas as a result. It’s all about getting that balance right as Cook has said but I wouldn’t be surprised to see us revert to a 3 man mid short-term to resolve a few defensive frailties and having better options to build from the back and play through the middle.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Building out from the back on 18:16 - Aug 21 with 266 viewsdavblue

Think we need a battle hardened midfielder who’s alert to the counter attack, thought we were exposed in that area of the pitch today, big space for their 10 to drop into.
Building out from the back on 18:21 - Aug 21 with 235 viewsKeaneish

Building out from the back on 18:16 - Aug 21 by davblue

Think we need a battle hardened midfielder who’s alert to the counter attack, thought we were exposed in that area of the pitch today, big space for their 10 to drop into.

Yeah agreed. I thought Twine was MoM today or a very worthy candidate. I said it before the season started and it’s evident now, the one players I think we need to complete our squad, is Glynn Downes. Shame really as a replacement doesn’t seem on the cards.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024