Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are individual errors are costing us ? 19:08 - Aug 21 with 1313 viewsstiff_talking

It’s easy to focus on the individual mistake for us conceding and dropping points
But Cooks front foot attacking style is leaving us exposed defensively. So when we get things wrong we are more exposed than usual. Don’t focus so much on the individual error but the lack of player support around it.

Examples -

Evans loses the ball and not 1 of the 4 defenders are behind him.

Burton win quick free kick and we don’t have the numbers to get back to defend it as KVY is upfront.

Wolfie losers ball and there is no one covering the play.

Our pattern of play out of our own defense is not comfortable. Harper should have also lost the ball today on the edge of the box when Fraser played a dangerous ball into him. Harper got out of it with superb skill but it could have been a very different story.

We are playing Russian Roulette with our attacking style

Why are individual errors are costing us ? on 19:16 - Aug 21 with 1268 viewshomer_123

Making basic errors and being punished for them was brought in by Hurst...Lambert kept the trend going and Cook show no signs of being able to deal with it.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 19:18]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Why are individual errors are costing us ? on 19:18 - Aug 21 with 1247 viewsGarv

Good! That means we're taking risks trying to play good football and score goals.

More please.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Why are individual errors are costing us ? on 19:19 - Aug 21 with 1245 viewsitfcjoe

When he came in last year we drew 6 of our 16 games 0-0, when we try and attack we conced more - it’s a funny balance to the team and asks a lot of the CMs and I don’t think the personnel there is right for what is being asked of them. They are players that need to sniff danger and let others play

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Why are individual errors are costing us ? on 19:19 - Aug 21 with 1233 viewshomer_123

Why are individual errors are costing us ? on 19:18 - Aug 21 by Garv

Good! That means we're taking risks trying to play good football and score goals.

More please.

Difficult to score just outside your own box. But I get your point.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Why are individual errors are costing us ? on 19:19 - Aug 21 with 1219 viewschrismakin

That's exactly why time together will make things better.
They will learn what's gone wrong and resolve it.

I'd rather this than being ripped apart and not knowing how to stop it.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Why are individual errors are costing us ? on 19:20 - Aug 21 with 1227 viewsstiff_talking

Why are individual errors are costing us ? on 19:19 - Aug 21 by itfcjoe

When he came in last year we drew 6 of our 16 games 0-0, when we try and attack we conced more - it’s a funny balance to the team and asks a lot of the CMs and I don’t think the personnel there is right for what is being asked of them. They are players that need to sniff danger and let others play

We must stick with the attacking football and get Edmunson fit ASAP
Why are individual errors are costing us ? on 19:23 - Aug 21 with 1192 viewsitfcjoe

Why are individual errors are costing us ? on 19:20 - Aug 21 by stiff_talking

We must stick with the attacking football and get Edmunson fit ASAP

It’s organisational issues more than personnel in the main - are the midfielders doing enough to help defensively

Why are individual errors are costing us ? on 19:24 - Aug 21 with 1187 viewsTractorWood

Three themes today.

Blaming individual errors - it's league one, people make mistakes and it's largely a pretty drab standard. We just need to score more goals than whoever is put in front of us.

People seemingly ignoring that Cook has been in charge for 21 games not 4. His record is poor and it's right that people are pointing this out and asking for wins, given again, it's league one.

Booing fans at full time. Happens whenever we are underperforming. It's not ideal, it's probably a bit churlish but shall ever be thus up and down the country. It's like getting angry at the moon.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 19:25]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Why are individual errors are costing us ? on 19:28 - Aug 21 with 1137 viewslegoman

Early days!

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

Why are individual errors are costing us ? on 19:29 - Aug 21 with 1124 viewsitfcjoe

Why are individual errors are costing us ? on 19:24 - Aug 21 by TractorWood

Three themes today.

Blaming individual errors - it's league one, people make mistakes and it's largely a pretty drab standard. We just need to score more goals than whoever is put in front of us.

People seemingly ignoring that Cook has been in charge for 21 games not 4. His record is poor and it's right that people are pointing this out and asking for wins, given again, it's league one.

Booing fans at full time. Happens whenever we are underperforming. It's not ideal, it's probably a bit churlish but shall ever be thus up and down the country. It's like getting angry at the moon.

Great post

Why are individual errors are costing us ? on 19:30 - Aug 21 with 1115 viewschrismakin

Why are individual errors are costing us ? on 19:23 - Aug 21 by itfcjoe

It’s organisational issues more than personnel in the main - are the midfielders doing enough to help defensively

Yes. As take away the individual mistakes and we've won 4 league games.

Mistakes are happening as we are learning and pushing as a new team. Partnerships and trusts need to be built.
Who can you trust with a heavy pass.. who needs space to turn rather than being able to make a yard for themselves.
Where does my fullback run when I'm here etc etc.

Football isn't black and white. It's not just stick a skuse in and things would be better.

We've played well enough to be in the position of winning games. The mistakes and only the mistakes have cost us.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Why are individual errors are costing us ? on 20:56 - Aug 21 with 947 viewsHighgateBlue

Why are individual errors are costing us ? on 19:19 - Aug 21 by itfcjoe

He took an axe to our successful defence. For me, that's his biggest mistake. Wilson was our player of the year and had lots of experience. What was Cook bemoaning today? Our lack of experience....

We're letting in far too many goals, and the manager cannot escape responsibility given that it was his call to dismantle the defence.
Why are individual errors are costing us ? on 21:14 - Aug 21 with 888 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I still think we are being punished at an incredibly high rate. League One generally is a pretty low standard but it seems that every one of our mistakes so far this season has ended in a goal, where as that wouldn't normally happen. Everyone seems so clinical at the moment.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Why are individual errors are costing us ? on 21:45 - Aug 21 with 825 viewsBloomBlue

Mistakes will always happen in every team. I'm.sure if we had conceded that first Bonne goal fans would be blaming Wolf for letting it drop over his head and he's weak at the high ball. It's easy to look at goals scored as great ability whereas goals conceded as errors.

Some I feel is related to how we're setup to play. Clearly Cook wants us to play the ball outbrather than a hoof upfield so we're trying to pass it around but at times we're too slow and getting caught, MKD were playing a similar style but moved it quicker. Maybe we should try root 1 for a few games
Why are individual errors are costing us ? on 22:40 - Aug 21 with 752 viewsdavblue

Why are individual errors are costing us ? on 19:30 - Aug 21 by chrismakin

Yes. As take away the individual mistakes and we've won 4 league games.

Mistakes are happening as we are learning and pushing as a new team. Partnerships and trusts need to be built.
Who can you trust with a heavy pass.. who needs space to turn rather than being able to make a yard for themselves.
Where does my fullback run when I'm here etc etc.

Football isn't black and white. It's not just stick a skuse in and things would be better.

We've played well enough to be in the position of winning games. The mistakes and only the mistakes have cost us.

If every game for the next 4 years excludes mistakes we will be European champions.

What’s your point? We have made those mistakes so that point is totally irrelevant or are we top of the league in the results with mistakes taken out and that’s now the table to look
At?
Why are individual errors are costing us ? on 22:54 - Aug 21 with 722 viewslongtimefan

Why are individual errors are costing us ? on 21:45 - Aug 21 by BloomBlue

Mistakes will always happen in every team. I'm.sure if we had conceded that first Bonne goal fans would be blaming Wolf for letting it drop over his head and he's weak at the high ball. It's easy to look at goals scored as great ability whereas goals conceded as errors.

Some I feel is related to how we're setup to play. Clearly Cook wants us to play the ball outbrather than a hoof upfield so we're trying to pass it around but at times we're too slow and getting caught, MKD were playing a similar style but moved it quicker. Maybe we should try root 1 for a few games

Actually two of Bonne’s three goals have come from Route 1 balls. As did his miss at Cheltenham. I wish we would mix it up more and be more direct more often.
Why are individual errors are costing us ? on 23:14 - Aug 21 with 700 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Why are individual errors are costing us ? on 19:24 - Aug 21 by TractorWood

Three themes today.

Bloody moon, making the sea go away when I wanted a paddle. GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024