Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Although we are still yet to register a win 20:10 - Aug 21 with 3367 viewsRobbie12345

I have never been so entertained watching football, which makes it all the more frustrating how we only have 2 points. First win will come vs Wimbledon, we will blow them away.

Poll: You can start one vs Birmingham

Although we are still yet to register a win on 21:10 - Aug 21 with 2209 viewsHighgateBlue

Are you sure they won't just be blown away by how much worse our defence is this season...? Cos I am...
Although we are still yet to register a win on 21:12 - Aug 21 with 2202 viewsFunge

'I have never been so entertained watching football'

I will propose the following:-

1) You are 16, or younger

2) You do not own a television, and have only gained access to the internet tonight.
Although we are still yet to register a win on 21:17 - Aug 21 with 2167 viewsCokeIsKey

Brilliant football, he just gets it, doesn’t he? Even if we end up going down, with players like Alan Judge and Gwion Edwards there’s no way we’ll stay in league 1 for long.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Although we are still yet to register a win on 21:28 - Aug 21 with 2104 viewstimothyeo

Did you only start watching football a week ago?
Although we are still yet to register a win on 21:35 - Aug 21 with 2066 viewsborge

You obviously have only ever watched Town in the last 15 years then.
Although we are still yet to register a win on 21:42 - Aug 21 with 2038 viewschrismakin

Evening Robbie. Glad you enjoyed today.

It was a great game to watch. End to end and one either side could have won.

There's certainly a lot more off your seat moments than recent history. And even the number of crosses whipped in were dangerous and more than we've seen us put in over the years.

Lots to be positive about and to look forward to.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Although we are still yet to register a win on 21:46 - Aug 21 with 2026 viewstimothyeo

Although we are still yet to register a win on 21:42 - Aug 21 by chrismakin

Evening Robbie. Glad you enjoyed today.

It was a great game to watch. End to end and one either side could have won.

There's certainly a lot more off your seat moments than recent history. And even the number of crosses whipped in were dangerous and more than we've seen us put in over the years.

Lots to be positive about and to look forward to.

We had something like 4 shots on target. I enjoyed a long list of games under MM, in a more difficult league, than watching us chase the ball at home to MK Don's in the third tier.

But we all know some on here have very very low expectations.
Although we are still yet to register a win on 21:50 - Aug 21 with 1995 viewschrismakin

Although we are still yet to register a win on 21:46 - Aug 21 by timothyeo

We had something like 4 shots on target. I enjoyed a long list of games under MM, in a more difficult league, than watching us chase the ball at home to MK Don's in the third tier.

Good for you. But I was talking to the OP.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Login to get fewer ads

Although we are still yet to register a win on 21:51 - Aug 21 with 1998 viewsbazza

Although we are still yet to register a win on 21:12 - Aug 21 by Funge

'I have never been so entertained watching football'

I will propose the following:-

1) You are 16, or younger

2) You do not own a television, and have only gained access to the internet tonight.

And if so, maybe we should encourage A future town fan.. rather than try make fun? ..
Although we are still yet to register a win on 21:59 - Aug 21 with 1950 viewsbazza

I bet you can’t name more than two or three enjoyable games under McCarthy..
Although we are still yet to register a win on 22:03 - Aug 21 with 1923 viewsFunge

Although we are still yet to register a win on 21:51 - Aug 21 by bazza

And if so, maybe we should encourage A future town fan.. rather than try make fun? ..

He's been on the forum since 2017, so it seems a bit unlikely, doesn't it, Barry.
Although we are still yet to register a win on 22:05 - Aug 21 with 1904 viewsRomeo4

It’s disappointing not to have won by now but I think I can see what Cook is trying to do. A bit more patience is required. Clearly this will not be easy for some of our long-suffering fans (and I can kind of understand that).

One thing’s for sure, it’s not going to be dull watching Town this year!
Although we are still yet to register a win on 22:09 - Aug 21 with 1875 viewsbazza

Although we are still yet to register a win on 22:03 - Aug 21 by Funge

He's been on the forum since 2017, so it seems a bit unlikely, doesn't it, Barry.

Pop ya dummy in fudge
Although we are still yet to register a win on 22:10 - Aug 21 with 1874 viewspointofblue

Although we are still yet to register a win on 21:59 - Aug 21 by bazza

I bet you can’t name more than two or three enjoyable games under McCarthy..

2012/13
Ipswich 3-1 Nottingham Forest
Ipswich 3-0 Millwall
Ipswich 4-0 Middlesbrough
Ipswich 3-0 Leeds
Ipswich 3-0 Crystal Palace
Ipswich 3-1 Birmingham

Shall I continue into the following seasons?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Although we are still yet to register a win on 22:10 - Aug 21 with 1872 viewsGeomorph

Don’t talk sh1te.. mm was efficient right enough.. the football, however, was fkn turgid
Although we are still yet to register a win on 22:10 - Aug 21 with 1872 viewsFunge

Although we are still yet to register a win on 22:09 - Aug 21 by bazza

Pop ya dummy in fudge

Conker is pumplex robots, tim?
Although we are still yet to register a win on 22:12 - Aug 21 with 1850 viewsbazza

Although we are still yet to register a win on 22:10 - Aug 21 by Funge

Conker is pumplex robots, tim?

Zzzzzzzzz
Although we are still yet to register a win on 22:14 - Aug 21 with 1822 viewsHerbivore

Not a bad effort, solid 6/10.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Although we are still yet to register a win on 22:16 - Aug 21 with 1804 views44_not_out

I suppose it was entertaining as League one goes. It’s good the OP wants to be entertained and obviously enjoys what he/she saw

For me, I enjoy watching my team win, something we’ve rarely done on a regular basis for three seasons. We find ourselves embarking on a third season in League One. What a time to be a Town fan. Give me a dull 1-0 win any day. Plenty of dull 1-0’s will do me fine.
Although we are still yet to register a win on 22:18 - Aug 21 with 1786 viewstimothyeo

Although we are still yet to register a win on 22:10 - Aug 21 by Geomorph

Don’t talk sh1te.. mm was efficient right enough.. the football, however, was fkn turgid

See the post above yours for evidence of how much you don't know football.
Although we are still yet to register a win on 22:22 - Aug 21 with 1770 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Although we are still yet to register a win on 22:10 - Aug 21 by pointofblue

2012/13
Ipswich 3-1 Nottingham Forest
Ipswich 3-0 Millwall
Ipswich 4-0 Middlesbrough
Ipswich 3-0 Leeds
Ipswich 3-0 Crystal Palace
Ipswich 3-1 Birmingham

2012/13
Palace 6 Ipswich 0
Leicester 6 Ipswich 0
Ipswich 0 Brighton 3
Ipswich 0 Watford 2
Ipswich 1 Hull 2

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Although we are still yet to register a win on 22:23 - Aug 21 with 1762 viewsbazza

Although we are still yet to register a win on 22:16 - Aug 21 by 44_not_out

I suppose it was entertaining as League one goes. It’s good the OP wants to be entertained and obviously enjoys what he/she saw

For me, I enjoy watching my team win, something we’ve rarely done on a regular basis for three seasons. We find ourselves embarking on a third season in League One. What a time to be a Town fan. Give me a dull 1-0 win any day. Plenty of dull 1-0’s will do me fine.

I’m Sure you were saying that when McCarthy was here,.. I’m not a mick hater, I appreciated what he did on a shoe string, but people pretending they were happy with the football.. hahahahahaha.. comedy gold.
Although we are still yet to register a win on 22:25 - Aug 21 with 1745 viewspointofblue

Although we are still yet to register a win on 22:22 - Aug 21 by You_Bloo_Right

2012/13
Palace 6 Ipswich 0
Leicester 6 Ipswich 0
Ipswich 0 Brighton 3
Ipswich 0 Watford 2
Ipswich 1 Hull 2

bazza reckoned no one could name more than two or three entertaining games under Mick; that was my response. Yes, we lost a lot too, a couple heavily early on, but bear in mind this was the season where we looked absolutely lost early on under Jewell.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Although we are still yet to register a win on 22:31 - Aug 21 with 1701 viewspatrickswell

Although we are still yet to register a win on 22:22 - Aug 21 by You_Bloo_Right

2012/13
Palace 6 Ipswich 0
Leicester 6 Ipswich 0
Ipswich 0 Brighton 3
Ipswich 0 Watford 2
Ipswich 1 Hull 2

In it's own way, this is as spurious as those saying "I bet you'd have wanted Bobby Robson sacked in his early days too" considering that:

A) Those results were all obtained at a higher level of football.

B) 4 of those sides are Premier League sides. One of them has even won it since we played (and beat them at Portman Road) in that season. No, it's not Cook's fault that we're miles away from those teams now, but on current evidence, a Cook led Ipswich would likely lose even more heavily to those teams given the current inability under him to beat pretty much any third tier side.
Although we are still yet to register a win on 22:31 - Aug 21 with 1700 viewsbazza

Although we are still yet to register a win on 22:25 - Aug 21 by pointofblue

bazza reckoned no one could name more than two or three entertaining games under Mick; that was my response. Yes, we lost a lot too, a couple heavily early on, but bear in mind this was the season where we looked absolutely lost early on under Jewell.

I never said we didn’t win games, it was more the enjoyment of
The game, not the result.. the hoofball was dreadful
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024