Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I thought we just about shaded it 20:56 - Aug 21 with 843 viewsVic

But MK Dons played some very nice football without really hurting us. The two goals were from two mistakes, other than that the defense whilst a bit shaken was OK. We created some decent chances, and without the defensive mistakes we would have won against a well organized team, in fact overall a more organized team than ourselves

Edwards was pure class, easily our MOM in my opinion. Burgess was solid and in control - a good solid presence in defense. I look forward to seeing him and Edmundson alongside each other. Bonne played well and took his goals superbly. The first was an absolute peach. Tom Carroll played a lovely little cameo.

Negatives for me?

The midfield was extremely disappointing. I couldn’t help noticing that until Tom Carrollcame on there as very little movement in front of the defense to receive the ball from them. Harper was extremely disappointing, as was Evans. Neither imposed themselves on the game and were very static.

We persisted with long diagonal balls to Bonne despite the fact that he actually won very few of them. And when he did there was little support near to him.

Gladly will be disappointed he didn’t get the ball round the post from the free kick. He got a full hand on it and should really have done better.

All in all I thought we deserved to sneak a win and it was so disappointing not to get all 3 points because of defensive mistakes - again.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

They had 59% possession... on 21:02 - Aug 21 with 819 viewsBloots

....8 more attempts at goal than us, twice as many attempts on target, and hit the bar twice.

I think to say that we "shaded it" is a bit wishful thinking.

A draw was just about fair, but they will think they should have won.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

They had 59% possession... on 21:04 - Aug 21 with 800 viewstimothyeo

They had 59% possession... on 21:02 - Aug 21 by Bloots

....8 more attempts at goal than us, twice as many attempts on target, and hit the bar twice.

Yeah certainly MK Don's fans are disappointed they didn't get the win.
They had 59% possession... on 21:05 - Aug 21 with 787 viewsVic

They had 59% possession... on 21:04 - Aug 21 by timothyeo

Yeah certainly MK Don's fans are disappointed they didn't get the win.

They might well be, they played well, but their goals came our mistakes. I thought our chances were better than theirs.

Did they really hit the bar 2x?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Yep, after about 25 mins..... on 21:14 - Aug 21 with 751 viewsBloots

They had 59% possession... on 21:05 - Aug 21 by Vic

They might well be, they played well, but their goals came our mistakes. I thought our chances were better than theirs.

Did they really hit the bar 2x?

....and in the last minute.

I don't really see any metric we can use to justify saying that we deserved to win.

But each to their own.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

They had 59% possession... on 21:17 - Aug 21 with 734 views3_5_2

Agree. We were lucky to get a point in the end

I was impressed with their ball retention and it was as not with just sideways or backwards passing

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

I thought we just about shaded it on 21:18 - Aug 21 with 729 viewsSouthfieldsBlue

Would largely agree, I didn't think they were all that impressive tbh. Beyond a couple of long range howitzers, they didn't really threaten Hldaky apart from from the last kick of the game and when we decided to gift them a goal. Should have put the game to bed before we gave them a chance to equalise but let's see how we do against Wimbledon.
Yep, after about 25 mins..... on 21:34 - Aug 21 with 661 viewsKeaneish

Yep, after about 25 mins..... on 21:14 - Aug 21 by Bloots

....and in the last minute.

I don't really see any metric we can use to justify saying that we deserved to win.

But each to their own.

I’d say a draw was fair. It could easily have been 4-4 or 5-5!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Yep, after about 25 mins..... on 21:39 - Aug 21 with 649 viewsFPL_Tractor

Yep, after about 25 mins..... on 21:34 - Aug 21 by Keaneish

I’d say a draw was fair. It could easily have been 4-4 or 5-5!

xG of 1.51 v 1.47 suggests draw was fair, if 1/25th of a goal counts as “just shading it” we did.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Login to get fewer ads

They had 59% possession... on 21:57 - Aug 21 with 595 viewschrismakin

They were shooting as soon as within 40 yards. Not surprising their stats were high

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024