Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. 04:25 - Aug 22 with 2131 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Were saying not to get carried away, that luck was on our side, results are clouding performances, it’s small margins etc.. they’re the same people ignoring the fact that it’s same small margins now that are going against us.

If is the key words here but if Fraser scored the penalty a week ago, Bonne scores the tap in on Tuesday of we take just one of our chances today at 1-0, the reaction would be a lot less than it is now. The results on the face of it are clearly disappointing but as a whole; performances are better than the last few years. Let’s not get carried away.

If I can’t get carried away when we’re winning by ‘small margins’, you can’t get carried away when we’re losing by them. Keep the faith.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2021 4:26]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 07:17 - Aug 22 with 1588 viewssolomon

If you’re going to have a bad spell then this is the preferred time to have it. As long as we are in the right place at the business end of the season all will be ok for me. I’ve got a feeling this is going to turn around soon.
The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 07:29 - Aug 22 with 1572 viewsitfcjoe

I’d personally say too much is being made of small margins, and they are being eyed through too blue tinted specs - little made of fact the MK crashed one against the bar in 95th minute yesterday, or that Bonne equalised in 92nd minute when game had drifted to nothingness.

Looking at Cheltenham we have to play the game state that exists, and we just didn’t. At 1-0 up in the second half we should have had enough about us to not lose that. Bonne’s miss was ancient history by then

It’s easy to rewrite history to or focus on particular moments to shape a narrative - when the only narrative that matters is we need to be doing much more to win games

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 07:43 - Aug 22 with 1514 viewsdavblue

Good teams don’t rely on ‘ifs’.

We are a young team in that the side hasn’t been together for long but as much as some bits have been promising there’s been equally troubling parts to our game.

We look like a side that is going to be counter attacked a lot due to the space we vacate in central midfield. Our full backs look like they will be exposed in behind.

There’s massive deficiencies that will and are holding us back.
The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 07:45 - Aug 22 with 1495 viewsBluefish

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 07:29 - Aug 22 by itfcjoe

I’d personally say too much is being made of small margins, and they are being eyed through too blue tinted specs - little made of fact the MK crashed one against the bar in 95th minute yesterday, or that Bonne equalised in 92nd minute when game had drifted to nothingness.

Looking at Cheltenham we have to play the game state that exists, and we just didn’t. At 1-0 up in the second half we should have had enough about us to not lose that. Bonne’s miss was ancient history by then

It’s easy to rewrite history to or focus on particular moments to shape a narrative - when the only narrative that matters is we need to be doing much more to win games

Interestingly enough the same people that said mid table championship under mick wasn't good enough or selling the academy kids and bringing in others for a net profit under Evans wasn't good enough now accept being near the bottom of division 3 with no wins this season and only 4 in 21. They point to improved performances again just like under Lambert and Hurst and will argue to death that the results are wrong.

Funny old game
[Post edited 22 Aug 2021 7:45]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 07:46 - Aug 22 with 1486 viewschrismakin

The frustration is the large volume of people who don't understand how complex the 4 2 3 1 attacking formation is to get right.

We saw with Lamberts version he basically got the defensive side spot on, but had no idea how to do the business up the other end and after the beginning of the season it was obvious we were only just getting through games which wasn't going to continue.

PC's 4 2 3 1 is and will be completely different but this comes with a lot of coaching and a lot of training and game time to get right. These individual mistakes are being caused by us taking the game to teams and not just sitting and soaking up teams attacks, we're looking to get on the front foot immediately. We have attacking movements which at present leaves some holes behind, this will soon start to work itself out as players get to know the phases we're going into and where they need to be at certain times. We're getting the ball into the box a hell of alot more, but we're not yet reading that situation enough to have bodies in the box for them, again, something that will grow in time.

Hopefully the owners will understand this as they are going to need patience, the simpletons are going to get louder with their groans and boo's all the way through the transition period as they think it's FM2021 and you can just pick a side and win a game.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 08:22 - Aug 22 with 1359 viewsMullet

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 07:46 - Aug 22 by chrismakin

The frustration is the large volume of people who don't understand how complex the 4 2 3 1 attacking formation is to get right.

We saw with Lamberts version he basically got the defensive side spot on, but had no idea how to do the business up the other end and after the beginning of the season it was obvious we were only just getting through games which wasn't going to continue.

PC's 4 2 3 1 is and will be completely different but this comes with a lot of coaching and a lot of training and game time to get right. These individual mistakes are being caused by us taking the game to teams and not just sitting and soaking up teams attacks, we're looking to get on the front foot immediately. We have attacking movements which at present leaves some holes behind, this will soon start to work itself out as players get to know the phases we're going into and where they need to be at certain times. We're getting the ball into the box a hell of alot more, but we're not yet reading that situation enough to have bodies in the box for them, again, something that will grow in time.

Hopefully the owners will understand this as they are going to need patience, the simpletons are going to get louder with their groans and boo's all the way through the transition period as they think it's FM2021 and you can just pick a side and win a game.

Any chance of an in depth breakdown if 4231 and the ways it’s been deployed by Cook so far for us simpletons? If you can pick out specific elements from what you’ve seen so far to really hammer it home then that’s be great too.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 08:27 - Aug 22 with 1302 viewsDarth_Koont

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 07:29 - Aug 22 by itfcjoe

“We need to be doing much more to win games”. Not sure that’s true at all.

We need to stop the self-inflicted errors and be a little more resilient defensively as a team. After watching us, and crucially the promotion sides in the Championship and League One over the years, it really is that simple. The promotion sides aren’t teams that will outplay someone like MK Dons but will resist them and hurt them when they get the chance. Which we did for 70 minutes.

As far as I’m concerned the results are certainly behind where we need to be but I’m pleasantly surprised with the overall performances.

Pronouns: He/Him

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 08:28 - Aug 22 with 1299 viewsHerbivore

I don't really think the performances are that much better in all honesty. Last season we started with some strong performances, the season before we did the same. We even had the odd mid-season spell (January 2020 for example) when we played better than we're playing now.

We've seen some quality from individuals and that's exciting, Edwards especially and Harper prior to yesterday have looked class. But we haven't dominated a game yet, imo. The games I've seen you couldn't genuinely say on the balance of the 90 minutes that we were unlucky not to win. I don't see how that can be considered a high level of performance to be honest. We're not creating all that much in the way of good chances, we're leaky at the back, and we're struggling to control games much as we did last season.

I am still hopeful it will come good but all this "the pefromances are so much better" invovles quite a conjunction of selective viewing through blue tinted glasses along with a healthy does of revisionism.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 08:29 - Aug 22 with 1298 viewsMattinLondon

Over a course of a season, or just a few games, if you were to micro-analysis each individual match then surly you can pick out ‘small margins’ for each team?

Personally, over ninety minutes, I think results generally reflects what each team deserves and in our case it’s been disappointing.
The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 08:38 - Aug 22 with 1236 viewsOldboy

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 08:22 - Aug 22 by Mullet

Any chance of an in depth breakdown if 4231 and the ways it’s been deployed by Cook so far for us simpletons? If you can pick out specific elements from what you’ve seen so far to really hammer it home then that’s be great too.

Hope you are a patient person, this will take him a while to look up.
The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 08:40 - Aug 22 with 1224 viewschrismakin

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 08:38 - Aug 22 by Oldboy

Hope you are a patient person, this will take him a while to look up.

If they wish to edcuate themselves, there's plenty available out there for them.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 08:43 - Aug 22 with 1202 viewsMullet

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 08:40 - Aug 22 by chrismakin

If they wish to edcuate themselves, there's plenty available out there for them.

I wish for you to educate us though. After all it’s obvious right? You have so much to say on matters too.

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 08:45 - Aug 22 with 1192 viewsOldboy

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 08:40 - Aug 22 by chrismakin

So you are one of those simpletons you speak of?
We kind of guessed, but thanks for confirming.
The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 08:46 - Aug 22 with 1167 viewschrismakin

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 08:45 - Aug 22 by Oldboy

So you are one of those simpletons you speak of?
We kind of guessed, but thanks for confirming.

I'm not one bemoaning the current situation, so no

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 08:48 - Aug 22 with 1150 viewsOldboy

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 08:46 - Aug 22 by chrismakin

I'm not one bemoaning the current situation, so no

The computer says"Yes".
The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 08:48 - Aug 22 with 1143 viewschrismakin

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 08:43 - Aug 22 by Mullet

I wish for you to educate us though. After all it’s obvious right? You have so much to say on matters too.

I've already shared my thoughts across various threads, put them together and there you have it.

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 08:54 - Aug 22 with 1119 viewsMullet

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 08:48 - Aug 22 by chrismakin

I've already shared my thoughts across various threads, put them together and there you have it.

Trying to find a needle in a haystack isn’t really fair is it? If you can’t, no problem. Maybe wind it in though

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 08:55 - Aug 22 with 1106 viewsdavblue

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 08:22 - Aug 22 by Mullet

I would be very interested to see this also.

He’s obviously on a different one level to us as a spectator. It sounds like we are a great team if we don’t ever make a mistake and because we play so attacking we will make more mistakes in defence because of that.
The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 08:56 - Aug 22 with 1094 viewschrismakin

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 08:54 - Aug 22 by Mullet

Trying to find a needle in a haystack isn’t really fair is it? If you can’t, no problem. Maybe wind it in though

lol, good point.

tbh if people are happy to boo and people are happy to back the boo's, im happy to call out others.

BTW, that's not even you, unless i've missed it, I barely see any bemoaning from yourself

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 09:00 - Aug 22 with 1060 viewsOldboy

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 08:56 - Aug 22 by chrismakin

lol, good point.

tbh if people are happy to boo and people are happy to back the boo's, im happy to call out others.

BTW, that's not even you, unless i've missed it, I barely see any bemoaning from yourself

Think you might have got yourself out of that one. Great back tracking.
The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 09:09 - Aug 22 with 1011 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 07:43 - Aug 22 by davblue

Good teams don’t rely on ‘ifs’.

We are a young team in that the side hasn’t been together for long but as much as some bits have been promising there’s been equally troubling parts to our game.

We look like a side that is going to be counter attacked a lot due to the space we vacate in central midfield. Our full backs look like they will be exposed in behind.

There’s massive deficiencies that will and are holding us back.

"We look like a side that is going to be counter attacked a lot due to the space we vacate in central midfield."

It is this Skuse shaped hole that has concerned me most!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 09:27 - Aug 22 with 914 viewsKeaneish

Yesterday was an open game with both sides trying to win it, which is what we want to see at PR and more power to it. You’re right in what you say to an extent in my view but I’d point to the fact that we got in behind MK Dons 7 or 8 times and most of the game they were playing in front of us. It’s these stats or moments that are the most telling for me - cut out the mistakes and we’ll go up but we have to be smarter. We can’t take the level of naivety we showed against Cheltenham to Wycombe.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 09:27 - Aug 22 with 912 viewsdavblue

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 09:09 - Aug 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

"We look like a side that is going to be counter attacked a lot due to the space we vacate in central midfield."

Feels like we need someone of that ilk who can do a bit more going forward.
The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 09:30 - Aug 22 with 888 viewschrismakin

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 09:09 - Aug 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

Training ground will sort it out

Historically, PC's never had a skuse sitting for 90 minutes, it tends to be more of the 2 DCM's together holding position and fluidly changing depending on status of play. At the moment, Evans and Harper aren't quite reading the situation correctly, PC touched on this in previous games. Whilst it showed a bit first half, 2nd half it got worse as they began drifting from each other and doing the same runs at the wrong time - creating that space you speak of. It might be that the two long term don't work together, that's something PC will have to think of, and not forgetting Evans was dropped by PC at Wigan too. So something to keep an eye on.

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 09:43 - Aug 22 with 847 viewsHerbivore

The same people when we were top in September 2019 and 2020.. on 09:27 - Aug 22 by davblue

Feels like we need someone of that ilk who can do a bit more going forward.

Players that do what Skuse can do whilst offering more going forward are generally playing in the Prem, mate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024