Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Honest opinion 11:15 - Aug 22 with 3298 viewsphillev231069

on our coaching staff, is it good enough? Just thought I would ask the question. I know some may reply that time will tell which is a fair and valid argument but I for one think more experience is needed as regards tactics especially in defence and midfield covering of the same.
Honest opinion on 11:23 - Aug 22 with 2636 viewsBiGDonnie

You've just gotta look at the history of some of these 'coaches' to know they weren't going to cut it.

We signed the kitman from Wigan ffs.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Honest opinion on 11:26 - Aug 22 with 2627 viewsKeaneish

Honest opinion on 11:23 - Aug 22 by BiGDonnie

You've just gotta look at the history of some of these 'coaches' to know they weren't going to cut it.

We signed the kitman from Wigan ffs.

If you had your finger on the pulse and kept up with the stories, you’d know he’s not really a kitman! Do your homework.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Honest opinion on 11:34 - Aug 22 with 2579 viewsBiGDonnie

Honest opinion on 11:26 - Aug 22 by Keaneish

If you had your finger on the pulse and kept up with the stories, you’d know he’s not really a kitman! Do your homework.

My fingers were busy with a 23 year old last night fella.

COYBs

Honest opinion on 11:35 - Aug 22 with 2564 viewschrismakin

Honest opinion on 11:34 - Aug 22 by BiGDonnie

My fingers were busy with a 23 year old last night fella.

Good to see you're still a hairdresser Donnie

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Honest opinion on 11:37 - Aug 22 with 2558 viewsBiGDonnie

Honest opinion on 11:35 - Aug 22 by chrismakin

Good to see you're still a hairdresser Donnie

😂😂😂

COYBs

Honest opinion on 12:02 - Aug 22 with 2492 viewsBlueBadger

So, he's a coach who's not been a good enough coach to get a job coaching?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Honest opinion on 12:18 - Aug 22 with 2461 viewsKeaneish

Honest opinion on 12:02 - Aug 22 by BlueBadger

So, he's a coach who's not been a good enough coach to get a job coaching?

No, it’s his first job coaching so completely the opposite. Catch-up Badge, you’ll miss the season idling away your time on quips, riddles and made up nonsense.

Honest opinion on 13:11 - Aug 22 with 2377 viewspistonbroke

Honest opinion on 12:18 - Aug 22 by Keaneish

No, it’s his first job coaching so completely the opposite. Catch-up Badge, you’ll miss the season idling away your time on quips, riddles and made up nonsense.

So if it’s his first job coaching as you state what was he before , a kitman
Login to get fewer ads

Honest opinion on 13:28 - Aug 22 with 2328 viewsgazzer1999

So far based on last season, pre season and the start of this at 1st team level definitely not, however they probably need time to gel. Maybe when we get to around the end of October we can make a better judgement, my guess is if not they will be gelling elsewhere come November.
Honest opinion on 13:32 - Aug 22 with 2307 viewstownblue

You're right. Bread delivery driver was his preferred job.
Honest opinion on 14:32 - Aug 22 with 2221 viewsphillev231069

Honest opinion on 13:28 - Aug 22 by gazzer1999

So far based on last season, pre season and the start of this at 1st team level definitely not, however they probably need time to gel. Maybe when we get to around the end of October we can make a better judgement, my guess is if not they will be gelling elsewhere come November.

Do you think Cook would ditch his coaching staff before Ashton pulls the plug on him?
Honest opinion on 14:39 - Aug 22 with 2207 viewsitfcjoe

This is a literal quote from him, from when he was working at Wigan.

“I absolutely love my job. You get the banter with the players and staff, working with people you have played with and keeping involved on the football side. I started my coaching badges but a kitman suits me better."

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/news/2020/april/ian-craney/

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Honest opinion on 14:52 - Aug 22 with 2147 viewsKeaneish

Honest opinion on 14:39 - Aug 22 by itfcjoe

This is a literal quote from him, from when he was working at Wigan.

“I absolutely love my job. You get the banter with the players and staff, working with people you have played with and keeping involved on the football side. I started my coaching badges but a kitman suits me better."

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/news/2020/april/ian-craney/

…but he is a coach now with his badges and this is his first job in coaching not that it matters too much as he’s not the only coach here but one of several in a major overhaul. Are all our coaches too inexperienced? Time will tell. We had a manager who won a European cup, completed all his badges as well as winning several league titles and he was atrocious.

Good luck to him. If he brings nothing else other than bonding then he’ll have done a lot more in his time here than several regimes achieved in recent memory. The togetherness is tangible in this side already.

Honest opinion on 14:58 - Aug 22 with 2110 viewsSwansea_Blue

I've got no idea, same as pretty much everyone else on here. Maybe there's someone who's done most of their badges and has been down the training ground regularly this season to judge them, but I doubt it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Honest opinion on 15:05 - Aug 22 with 2092 viewsAlberto_the_frog

It's a major concern to me. Looks more like an old pals act at the moment.
Honest opinion on 15:08 - Aug 22 with 2067 viewschrismakin

Honest opinion on 15:05 - Aug 22 by Alberto_the_frog

It's a major concern to me. Looks more like an old pals act at the moment.

Is it?

2 coaches he knew. 1 being given his chance at coaching
1 he didn't

I'd like to see 1 more with experience thrown in personally however.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Honest opinion on 15:18 - Aug 22 with 2042 viewsbackwaywhen

I’m afraid he is missing Liam Richardson his old coach and mate from Wigan , without him I’m not sure he is that good , hope I’m wrong , another 10 games without improvement will probably tell us one way or the other !
Honest opinion on 15:30 - Aug 22 with 2007 viewsitfcjoe

Honest opinion on 14:52 - Aug 22 by Keaneish

…but he is a coach now with his badges and this is his first job in coaching not that it matters too much as he’s not the only coach here but one of several in a major overhaul. Are all our coaches too inexperienced? Time will tell. We had a manager who won a European cup, completed all his badges as well as winning several league titles and he was atrocious.

Good luck to him. If he brings nothing else other than bonding then he’ll have done a lot more in his time here than several regimes achieved in recent memory. The togetherness is tangible in this side already.

I don’t think people thinking that having 2 coaches out of 3 without their badges may be too inexperienced is a particularly controversial viewpoint.

If these jobs were recruited on open market then they wouldn’t have even got past the CV stage - when Richardson got the assistant job to Cook at 32 he already had his pro licence and was doing a physiotherapy degree. Roberts at 36/37 has nothing, Craney in his 40s started and quit them

In the new ultra professional approach it seems there is from Ashton’s side it’s massively out of kilter

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Honest opinion on 16:04 - Aug 22 with 1889 viewsphillev231069

Honest opinion on 15:30 - Aug 22 by itfcjoe

I don’t think people thinking that having 2 coaches out of 3 without their badges may be too inexperienced is a particularly controversial viewpoint.

If these jobs were recruited on open market then they wouldn’t have even got past the CV stage - when Richardson got the assistant job to Cook at 32 he already had his pro licence and was doing a physiotherapy degree. Roberts at 36/37 has nothing, Craney in his 40s started and quit them

In the new ultra professional approach it seems there is from Ashton’s side it’s massively out of kilter

Seems totally out of sync with their ethos, I did not realize Craney quit his, that isn't good. I think the coaching side has been the weakest part of our recruitment and maybe Gill should have been kept on. I hope I am proved wrong.
Honest opinion on 16:24 - Aug 22 with 1842 viewsBLUEBEAT

Don’t know whether it’s coaching related or just the new players, but the passing seems way more fluid, pro-active and creative than anything I have witnessed at ITFC for a good few seasons.

Poll: W or W

Honest opinion on 16:30 - Aug 22 with 1817 viewsStadiumofdark

Honest opinion on 16:24 - Aug 22 by BLUEBEAT

Don’t know whether it’s coaching related or just the new players, but the passing seems way more fluid, pro-active and creative than anything I have witnessed at ITFC for a good few seasons.

thats just less seagull sh1t on the pitch. obvs
Honest opinion on 16:59 - Aug 22 with 1745 viewspistonbroke

Honest opinion on 16:24 - Aug 22 by BLUEBEAT

How many points do we get for that
Honest opinion on 17:11 - Aug 22 with 1712 viewsKropotkin123

Honest opinion on 15:18 - Aug 22 by backwaywhen

I’m afraid he is missing Liam Richardson his old coach and mate from Wigan , without him I’m not sure he is that good , hope I’m wrong , another 10 games without improvement will probably tell us one way or the other !

This is my concern and opinion too. I hope it is just a matter of time before things turn. We look good going forward, so hoping that is the sign that things will turn in his favour. But as you insinuate, no guarantees.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Honest opinion on 17:14 - Aug 22 with 1698 viewsKeaneish

Honest opinion on 15:30 - Aug 22 by itfcjoe

Ive not stated it to be controversial just putting another perspective out to try and keep the thread balanced. We’ve had a litany of coaches and managers over the years with all the badges under the sun and it’s achieved little of note. Dressing rooms and training grounds are about experience, expertise and camaraderie. The reality is, if you’ve been a player for a long time, you’ve been around a lot of coaches and learnt a lot, arguably as much as you could get through doing coaching badges.

Let’s make a judgement later in the season, maybe October / November time.

Honest opinion on 17:14 - Aug 22 with 1694 viewsChurchman

Honest opinion on 16:04 - Aug 22 by phillev231069

Seems totally out of sync with their ethos, I did not realize Craney quit his, that isn't good. I think the coaching side has been the weakest part of our recruitment and maybe Gill should have been kept on. I hope I am proved wrong.

You’d like to see Gill kept on? Why? I’m intrigued. Three straight one goal wins, one against ten men?

He came here with Lambert as first team coach didn’t he? So if you truly believe first team coaches are that crucial, that’s one relegation with rear ends firmly in the air followed by two seasons in League 1 mid table, players unfit and out on their feet after 45 mins every game bar a couple.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024