Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Holy had been in goal probably would have won at least 2 games 13:02 - Aug 22 with 2146 viewsCaptMickMills

Hladky not as good as Holy with one on one's where Holy's bigger size is an advantage. Few diving saves required where some people criticise Holy. Hladky definitely at fault with free kick yesterday and has made few positive contributions to the team.

Looking at goals conceded I think Holy May have saved half of them. I am not writing him off or saying Hladky won't eventually prove himself to be a better goalie (I remember how poor Paul Cooper was in his first game) but Hladky has made a very unimpressive start to his Town career. You would hope that a top goalie would make saves to help you win games. Poor stats re goals conceded compared to attempts on goal. So Hladky is the most disappointing of the new signings to date.

Holy is not a top class goalkeeper but is a better than average League 1 goalkeeper who has been overly criticised. Last year with Holy in goal Town had roughly 3rd best defensive record and one of the highest number of clean sheets proving he is nit a poor League 1 goalkeeper. Certainly Hood enough to be Town's no. 2 goalkeeper.
If Holy had been in goal probably would have won at least 2 games on 13:11 - Aug 22 with 2100 viewshoppy

You mention him there, but if Paul Cooper had been in goal, we may have got something away at Burton, as he would probably have saved that penalty… if Warky, or even Tommy Miller, had taken our penalty they probably would’ve scored it and we could’ve come away with a win and had 3 more points…

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

If Holy had been in goal probably would have won at least 2 games on 13:15 - Aug 22 with 2084 viewsGarv

I'm sure Hladky will prove his worth at points over the season but I really don't think Holy is as bad as some make out. He's made a few clangers when coming out to try and claim long balls over the top, but I'd rather that than a keeper that doesn't want to come for it, which I saw Hladky do a few times in the Morecambe game alone.

Holy is a bit ungainly but generally gets the job done and has pulled off some ridiculous saves at times too. I'm surprised Hladky has so easily ousted him as no.1.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

If Holy had been in goal probably would have won at least 2 games on 13:22 - Aug 22 with 2054 viewsLankHenners

The free kick yesterday was the only goal conceded that was a genuine 'keeper error, the rest I'm not sure he could have done much about.

Also not sure a 'keeper in Holy who's even more static on his goal line would have done any better, plus Hladky's distribution is absolutely miles better.

He needs to settle a bit and hasn't looked overly convincing but a bit early to start saying we should swap the 'keepers about again which doesn't do anyone any favours.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

If Holy had been in goal probably would have won at least 2 games on 13:28 - Aug 22 with 2018 viewsIllinoisblue

If Holy had been in goal probably would have won at least 2 games on 13:22 - Aug 22 by LankHenners

The free kick yesterday was the only goal conceded that was a genuine 'keeper error, the rest I'm not sure he could have done much about.

Also not sure a 'keeper in Holy who's even more static on his goal line would have done any better, plus Hladky's distribution is absolutely miles better.

He needs to settle a bit and hasn't looked overly convincing but a bit early to start saying we should swap the 'keepers about again which doesn't do anyone any favours.

That header at Cheltenham looked savable

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

If Holy had been in goal probably would have won at least 2 games on 13:40 - Aug 22 with 1969 viewsLankHenners

If Holy had been in goal probably would have won at least 2 games on 13:28 - Aug 22 by Illinoisblue

Potentially, I've not watched any of that game back for obvious reasons but my initial thoughts were it was a strong header and we'd be saying it was a great finish if we'd scored it.

Not convinced Holy would have got across to it in any case.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

[Redacted] on 14:02 - Aug 22 with 1888 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
If Holy had been in goal probably would have won at least 2 games on 14:25 - Aug 22 with 1823 viewsblueM3

For me, y biggest grupe is Hladky's positioning seems poor. His starting position for the free kick wasn't good. Left himself too much to do. He ended up fixing back towards goal to get a glove on it. That's half the battle lost. He got to the ball, but his wrist seemed as strong as Julian Clarys.

Similar trait shown with the Cheltenham header. He was scuttling across his goal trying to catch up with play, the ends up trying to claw out a shot that's already past him. Again, he got to the ball, but it just brushed past his hand.

I saw someone erier seem to praise his distribution. But to be honest, his kicking technique looks incredibly awkward and strained. He doesn't seem a coordinated person movement wise on any area of his game. Holy is a big guy, but you watch him kick a ball and it's a smooth motion, totally relaxed. Hladky seems like a contortionist.

He appeared to garner some praise for thr long distance shot that looped above him and he saved. He made that look hard too! Seemed to flap at pushing it away, whereas the obvious save is to glide it over the bar if your in thr right spot. By flapping that outwards, he was lucky it didn't just drop in front of of goal.

That may seem a very harsh analysis, but you say what you see.
If Holy had been in goal probably would have won at least 2 games on 14:43 - Aug 22 with 1779 viewsDublinBlue84

If Holy had been in goal probably would have won at least 2 games on 13:22 - Aug 22 by LankHenners

Holy also has no stronger hands than a little child. For a big man, he is the biggest weakling of a goalkeeper with his hands I've ever seen. Absolute chicken at dominating his area too. It's all great having height, but he doesn't use it at all so may as well not have it.

Also the following formula is true with Holy, as a Gills fan once told me is simply Hard Shot + corner = goal. as the guy is pedestrian at getting down. And if you look at many goals he has let in then you know, you will see the same thing.

I've not been convinced by the new man yet, although yesterday he seemed to save the ball and then hit the ball against the post when it went in, was a mistake but also very thin margin, but Holy has weaknesses to exploit and the opposition have regularly done so in the past and did so at his previous club too.

For me the jury is still out, but there are some in the North who think because Holy is big and tall and allegedly strong (like a 'proper man' as someone put it yesterday) and a bit of a laugh, people seem to think he's far better than he is based on his stature rather than his actual performances.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Login to get fewer ads

If Holy had been in goal probably would have won at least 2 games on 14:47 - Aug 22 with 1758 viewsSchancheITFC

Holy always looks a nervous wreck to me. Plus he’s to much of a gentle giant.
If Holy had been in goal probably would have won at least 2 games on 15:13 - Aug 22 with 1697 viewschrismakin

Hard to say.

There have been times Hladky has coped well with some backpasses which holy could have had problems with.

You almost want to mix the two together but then you'd have a prem keeper I guess.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

If Holy had been in goal probably would have won at least 2 games on 17:00 - Aug 22 with 1572 viewsBlueBadger

LOL

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If Holy had been in goal probably would have won at least 2 games on 22:31 - Aug 22 with 1370 views3_5_2

I am nor sure how we will ever know but I really want Holy to do well. he loves this club, seems a really nice but but has errors in him and for such a big guy, dosnt dominate the box as he should and certainly his distribution is erratic

Perhaps Hladky will come good, like the team, we have to wait and see

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

If Holy had been in goal probably would have won at least 2 games on 22:42 - Aug 22 with 1354 viewsistanblue

Tbf, I think Hladky has only been at fault for two of the goals (Cheltenham's first and MK Dons FK). Holy is a poor keeper overall and has proven time and again he is not up to it - poor distribution, dodgy footwork, doesn't use his height, slow to get down and sometimes doesn't even move for shots. The reason why Holy had a decent clean sheet record is because we had a a reasonably fair defence in front of him that didn't make too many individual errors as opposed to now where we seem to concede soft goals every game.
If Holy had been in goal probably would have won at least 2 games on 09:39 - Aug 23 with 1210 viewsPilgrimblue

I'm just not sure about our keepers. This is a key position so really do not understand why we took on one from Salford when there's so much choice out there.

I'm not sure why we need such tall keepers who may not be so agile or too slow to get down. We never needed them before!

Must get in loan keeper asap from higher league
If Holy had been in goal probably would have won at least 2 games on 09:54 - Aug 23 with 1169 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Holy - who last season was frequently criticised for standing still when shots were being taken - is who you want back? I am not doubting his record and was defending him last year when others were criticising, but his performances towards the back end of the season and in pre-season were not great, either. I think the biggest reason here is not keeping Wilson. A solid 7/10 every game and knew what you were getting. Yes, he does not have the passing range of other CBs but he provided a great platform to go from.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

If Holy had been in goal probably would have won at least 2 games on 09:55 - Aug 23 with 1168 viewsSouperJim

I'm on the fence so far, but worth mentioning that Holy was terrible at Colchester in preseason and looked very mentally fragile. Conceded 2 from set pieces and gave the ball away for their 3rd. Most of us went away hoping he'd never get near the team again.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Our keepers have all been.... on 10:10 - Aug 23 with 1128 viewsBloots

...nothing more than average since Malcolm Webster left.

But in reality we are a 3rd Division side and we are going to have a 3rd Division level goalkeeper.

Are they noticeably worse than any other keepers in the league? Probably not.

Like all of our players at this level, they need coaching to improve, we aren't going to have many (if any players) that are the finished product, otherwise they wouldn't be playing for us.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Nah, right in the corner..... on 10:11 - Aug 23 with 1118 viewsBloots

If Holy had been in goal probably would have won at least 2 games on 13:28 - Aug 22 by Illinoisblue

.....like a bullet.

If Holy had been in goal probably would have won at least 2 games on 12:36 - Aug 23 with 1008 viewsTomTheWriter

Hladky is the best goalkeeper I’ve seen live since Bart’s departure.

Head and shoulders above Tomas Holy. People have very short memories as well.

Hladky’s first 4 league games for Ipswich. Shots on target faced - 16. Goals conceded 8.

Holys first 4 league games for Ipswich. Shots on target faced - 10, Goals Conceded 4.

Both stated their careers with the same save percentage. Difference? Town had 8 points under Holy, and 2 under Hladky.

Most clean sheets in England last season for Vac. Highest save percentage in England. 0 clean sheets in his first 3 Salford games, then 22 in 47. He’s the best we’ve got, and we are lucky to have him

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Not sure your figures add up Tom.... on 12:45 - Aug 23 with 992 viewsBloots

If Holy had been in goal probably would have won at least 2 games on 12:36 - Aug 23 by TomTheWriter

Hladky is the best goalkeeper I’ve seen live since Bart’s departure.

Head and shoulders above Tomas Holy. People have very short memories as well.

Hladky’s first 4 league games for Ipswich. Shots on target faced - 16. Goals conceded 8.

Holys first 4 league games for Ipswich. Shots on target faced - 10, Goals Conceded 4.

Both stated their careers with the same save percentage. Difference? Town had 8 points under Holy, and 2 under Hladky.

Most clean sheets in England last season for Vac. Highest save percentage in England. 0 clean sheets in his first 3 Salford games, then 22 in 47. He’s the best we’ve got, and we are lucky to have him

...neither mathematically nor subjectively.

Holy conceded a goal 40% of the time in his first 4 matches, Hladky has conceded 50% of the time.

40% in itself is a poor goal to shots ratio.

50% is obviously even worse.

I expect he'll improve, but currently he's not cutting it (like a lot of the rest of them)

If Holy had been in goal probably would have won at least 2 games on 12:53 - Aug 23 with 975 viewshype313

Hldaky can kick and pass the ball, which is one more thing Holy can do.

I've never been sold on Holy, always thought he was an average number 2 and Hldaky against Palace and to a certain extent Millwall was very good.

You can't blame him entirely for our Defenders and Midfielders having brain farts.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2021 12:55]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Not sure your figures add up Tom.... on 13:11 - Aug 23 with 938 viewsTomTheWriter

Not sure your figures add up Tom.... on 12:45 - Aug 23 by Bloots

...neither mathematically nor subjectively.

Holy conceded a goal 40% of the time in his first 4 matches, Hladky has conceded 50% of the time.

40% in itself is a poor goal to shots ratio.

50% is obviously even worse.

I expect he'll improve, but currently he's not cutting it (like a lot of the rest of them)

Honesty, not sure how much further he can improve. He’s done nothing wrong yet, except maybe being a bit too far to one side of the goal for the free kick. Everything else has been the defence’s fault.

I haven’t felt content and excited about a goalkeeper since Bart left before this season. I spent 90 minutes during the Palace friendly without fear every time the ball went near Hladky, because he either caught every shot, or every cross. Completed every long and short pass. Can see him surpassing Holy’s clean sheet record from last season, easily.

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024