Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The significance of Lincoln away 09:35 - Aug 23 with 9888 viewsBluefish

Lincoln away was were many numbskulls thought they'd invented a justification to sack Super Mick. We'd lost to a small team in a cup game on terrestrial TV so that meant the bloke that continued to over perform in the Championship had to go. Obviously it ignored the facts that we had lost to many small sides in cup competitions and that same side also defeated a Premier league team in the same run.

Lincoln away was then the final straw for PRP, he should have gone before but without a doubt he should have gone after that game.

The significance now? I gave Cookie for games to turn around his disastrous performance so far as Ipswich boss. If Wycombe is called off the 4th game is Lincoln away. He needs a minimum of 2 wins and a draw to stay longer and so far we have picked up 1 draw so 2 wins needed from 3 games......we shall see

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The significance of Lincoln away on 09:41 - Aug 23 with 4243 viewsSeablu

So, no significance whatsoever then.
The significance of Lincoln away on 09:55 - Aug 23 with 4171 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I know you're obviously looking for bites, but to be fair that Lincoln away game was one of the worst i've ever seen - we were beyond dreadful.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

The significance of Lincoln away on 10:00 - Aug 23 with 4125 viewsGarv

I reckon the powers that be will decide what he needs and when he needs it by.

He needs to have a good season. That won't be decided by September 18th.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

The significance of Lincoln away on 10:00 - Aug 23 with 4125 viewsBluefish

The significance of Lincoln away on 09:55 - Aug 23 by JammyDodgerrr

I know you're obviously looking for bites, but to be fair that Lincoln away game was one of the worst i've ever seen - we were beyond dreadful.

Yep I was there too (for both mentioned) for the Mick one I was hoping the bloke scored when he got through at the end because I didn't want another 30 minuets of it

The significance of Lincoln away on 10:05 - Aug 23 with 4098 viewsStu_Magoo

Are you starting this whole thing in preparation for an "I told you so" moment if PC makes a hash of it?

Tiresome.
The significance of Lincoln away on 10:05 - Aug 23 with 4077 viewsWilbrahamBlue

Does Mark Ashton know you've given Cookie this timeframe?
The significance of Lincoln away on 10:07 - Aug 23 with 4065 viewsBluefish

The significance of Lincoln away on 10:05 - Aug 23 by Stu_Magoo

Are you starting this whole thing in preparation for an "I told you so" moment if PC makes a hash of it?

Tiresome.

Not really no. I am just commenting on the performance of the manager in his role. It is pretty standard for football fans to do that. His performance is in minus numbers so I am hoping he turns it around very quickly, if he doesn't turn it around very quickly it will be too late

The significance of Lincoln away on 10:09 - Aug 23 with 4050 viewsBlueBadger

The significance of Lincoln away on 10:00 - Aug 23 by Garv

I reckon the powers that be will decide what he needs and when he needs it by.

He needs to have a good season. That won't be decided by September 18th.

Whatever happens, I'd like tp think that the new ownership won't keep him on as long the previous regime did with old I Used To Play For Celtic You Know and allow him to foster a massively toxic club culture as a result.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

The significance of Lincoln away on 10:14 - Aug 23 with 4013 viewsBlueBadger

The significance of Lincoln away on 10:07 - Aug 23 by Bluefish

Not really no. I am just commenting on the performance of the manager in his role. It is pretty standard for football fans to do that. His performance is in minus numbers so I am hoping he turns it around very quickly, if he doesn't turn it around very quickly it will be too late

Don't forget though, that people made banners and chanted songs for our two worst ever managers for far, far longer than they deserved because they were either a) famous or b) shelled out for a few lukewarm watery lagers.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2021 12:04]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

The significance of Lincoln away on 10:18 - Aug 23 with 3973 viewsVaughan8

This.

We were outplayed (and embarrassed) by a team 3 leagues below us. It just showed us what football you could play with "lesser" players.

Probably one of the most embarrassing performances supporting Ipswich and it was on national TV.

People actually asked if that is how we played normally. Sadly it was.
The significance of Lincoln away on 10:22 - Aug 23 with 3932 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The significance of Lincoln away on 10:07 - Aug 23 by Bluefish

Yes it is. Any minute now you'll mention how you've 'never been wrong' whilst completely ignoring how it's become more and more apparent how horrendously wrong you were about Marcus Evans.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The significance of Lincoln away on 10:25 - Aug 23 with 3912 viewsBluefish

The significance of Lincoln away on 10:22 - Aug 23 by Cheltenham_Blue

Yes it is. Any minute now you'll mention how you've 'never been wrong' whilst completely ignoring how it's become more and more apparent how horrendously wrong you were about Marcus Evans.

My view on Marcus was that his money kept us afloat and he put in 100 million. More than every person combined in our history. This of course is right and it is very desperate to look to that to finally find something that I could have got wrong. Cheers for reminding me how incredible my record is

The significance of Lincoln away on 10:25 - Aug 23 with 3912 viewsElephantintheRoom

And what happens when the Cookster goes?

An ex-Bristol City manager and his team of yes men - presumably?

And new players so he gets 'his team'?

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

The significance of Lincoln away on 10:26 - Aug 23 with 3887 viewsBluefish

The significance of Lincoln away on 10:18 - Aug 23 by Vaughan8

This.

We were outplayed (and embarrassed) by a team 3 leagues below us. It just showed us what football you could play with "lesser" players.

Probably one of the most embarrassing performances supporting Ipswich and it was on national TV.

People actually asked if that is how we played normally. Sadly it was.

Good job Burnley fans have more about them

The significance of Lincoln away on 10:38 - Aug 23 with 3813 viewsBlueBadger

The significance of Lincoln away on 10:25 - Aug 23 by Bluefish

My view on Marcus was that his money kept us afloat and he put in 100 million. More than every person combined in our history. This of course is right and it is very desperate to look to that to finally find something that I could have got wrong. Cheers for reminding me how incredible my record is

Trouble was, he wasted a large portion of that money chucking it at the likes of Keane, Jewell, Hurst and Lambert when he could have invested it in proper club structure, the Academy, tidying up the ground and Mick McCarthy's transfer budget and gotten much more for his money.

The significance of Lincoln away on 10:57 - Aug 23 with 3708 viewsHerbivore

We've managed to surpass it plenty of times since to be fair.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The significance of Lincoln away on 10:57 - Aug 23 with 3711 viewsNthQldITFC

Very little patients.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

The significance of Lincoln away on 10:59 - Aug 23 with 3698 viewsPhilTWTD

Tiresome.

That indeed is his schtick.
The significance of Lincoln away on 11:05 - Aug 23 with 3640 viewsFixed_It

Tiresome.

One gets the feeling that that is more important to him than Town being successful. Sad really.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

The significance of Lincoln away on 11:09 - Aug 23 with 3601 viewsGuthrum

Why only four games?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The significance of Lincoln away on 11:13 - Aug 23 with 3566 viewshype313

Tiresome.

Must lead a sad life, when your MO is hoping you win the internet on a 3rd division football message board.

Hey ho, some people get their kicks in very weird ways.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The significance of Lincoln away on 11:16 - Aug 23 with 3545 viewsBluefish

The significance of Lincoln away on 10:59 - Aug 23 by PhilTWTD

That indeed is his schtick.

Lol that is a rather large bite.

How has it ever been a schtick? I think my schtick by that reckoning is simply not going OTT on football managers the day they arrive and judging them by what happens on the pitch. Hardly unusual in the world of football.

For the record, I was quick to point out the obvious issues with keane while others made fools of themselves fawning. This wasnt a schtick it was simply judging what I saw on the pitch, much like you used to do

Jewell I was indifferent on a said whilst it was a big improvenent we should not go overboard

Mccarthy earned his respect. I was there in the early games like the Leicester 6-0 but you could see him signing players making a difference and you could see his team fighting. Judgement was reserved but quickly approval gained

Hurst I questioned that the performances were not that different and some of the signings not having an impact. He was a supposed messiah and I stuck with him but the wheels started to come off when he lost belief and ripped it all up for norwich at home. I personally felt he should have got longer but had no real affection for him yet because he hadn't earned it

PRP was a farce, we were clueless from the start, the style was laughable and the signings awful. The free pass was a disgrace, again he had to earn it and never did

Cook also has to earn it, he record last year was poor and this year so far is shocking. The strange position is to go all in in defence of him not to be saying he hasn't earned it here yet.

I am not sure if we are just tinpot or if football has become a joke but judging managers on performances should not be seen as something to get abuse from admins about. Managers have to earn their role and no one in their right mind thinks Cook has yet. I'm giving him 3 more games to do so, if he fails then the season is virtually over anyway

The significance of Lincoln away on 11:17 - Aug 23 with 3529 viewsBluefish

The significance of Lincoln away on 11:09 - Aug 23 by Guthrum

Why only four games?

If we aren't climbing by then the season is over. Top 2 on this league doesn't generally lose more than 6 games

The significance of Lincoln away on 11:18 - Aug 23 with 3513 viewsWilbrahamBlue

The significance of Lincoln away on 11:16 - Aug 23 by Bluefish

Lol that is a rather large bite.

How has it ever been a schtick? I think my schtick by that reckoning is simply not going OTT on football managers the day they arrive and judging them by what happens on the pitch. Hardly unusual in the world of football.

For the record, I was quick to point out the obvious issues with keane while others made fools of themselves fawning. This wasnt a schtick it was simply judging what I saw on the pitch, much like you used to do

Jewell I was indifferent on a said whilst it was a big improvenent we should not go overboard

Mccarthy earned his respect. I was there in the early games like the Leicester 6-0 but you could see him signing players making a difference and you could see his team fighting. Judgement was reserved but quickly approval gained

Hurst I questioned that the performances were not that different and some of the signings not having an impact. He was a supposed messiah and I stuck with him but the wheels started to come off when he lost belief and ripped it all up for norwich at home. I personally felt he should have got longer but had no real affection for him yet because he hadn't earned it

PRP was a farce, we were clueless from the start, the style was laughable and the signings awful. The free pass was a disgrace, again he had to earn it and never did

Cook also has to earn it, he record last year was poor and this year so far is shocking. The strange position is to go all in in defence of him not to be saying he hasn't earned it here yet.

I am not sure if we are just tinpot or if football has become a joke but judging managers on performances should not be seen as something to get abuse from admins about. Managers have to earn their role and no one in their right mind thinks Cook has yet. I'm giving him 3 more games to do so, if he fails then the season is virtually over anyway

'......I'm giving him 3 more games to do so, if he fails then the season is virtually over anyway'

This is fab.

SEASON OVER.
The significance of Lincoln away on 11:19 - Aug 23 with 3498 viewsBluefish

The significance of Lincoln away on 11:05 - Aug 23 by Fixed_It

One gets the feeling that that is more important to him than Town being successful. Sad really.

Hardly, I staunchly defended our good managers Burley and Mick

The blubbing because I don't defend the ones that haven't ever performed is bizarre. Not sure how many times you all want egg on your face for calling me our on assessing the performances

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024