Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Cole 18:36 - Aug 23 with 3389 viewsITFC_nostalgia

Anyone got memories or thoughts on Michael Cole?

My memory is he was quite fast and lithe, perhaps one of those who struggled because he never got a proper run in the team? Seems pretty clear from what I’ve read that John Duncan didn’t rate him.
Michael Cole on 18:39 - Aug 23 with 3103 viewschrismakin

Better commentator than he was in the ring

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Michael Cole on 18:51 - Aug 23 with 3054 viewsmichaeldownunder

Remember going to a game, v maybe a friendly or a res game, he was on the bench with Dalian Atkinson, his mates were behind the dugout calling for Dalian not him to come on as he was warming up. He had such a big grin on his face.

He went out on loan and his car, an old banger, broke down so the chairman of the club had to come and give him a tow.
Michael Cole on 18:55 - Aug 23 with 3018 viewsNthQldITFC

I would have said he was more lissome than lithe, but either would suffice.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Michael Cole on 18:57 - Aug 23 with 3013 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Worked for Al Fayed at Fulham, but never played for them. Has written a column in the EADT. Shops at Harrods....
Michael Cole on 19:09 - Aug 23 with 2969 viewsEastTownBlue

Michael Cole on 18:57 - Aug 23 by Timefliesbyintheblue

Worked for Al Fayed at Fulham, but never played for them. Has written a column in the EADT. Shops at Harrods....

Yes, gets rather upset when described as "bouffant-haired".
Michael Cole on 19:43 - Aug 23 with 2846 viewsBelsteadCav

I hate him

Especially when he says “ it’s Boss time “

Not in JR’s league

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Michael Cole on 19:44 - Aug 23 with 2840 viewsmr_bean

He once scored a corker against Newcastle (I think) in a league match at Portman Road. North Stand end.
Michael Cole on 20:15 - Aug 23 with 2771 viewsPendejo

Michael Cole on 19:44 - Aug 23 by mr_bean

He once scored a corker against Newcastle (I think) in a league match at Portman Road. North Stand end.

The sort of goal Dalian became known for if I recall correctly

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Login to get fewer ads

Michael Cole on 20:20 - Aug 23 with 2754 viewsPippin1970

Different back in old days. No social media to speculate what potential player had. Just remembered thinking going to be amazing but slightly disappointed.
Michael Cole on 20:20 - Aug 23 with 2756 viewsRomeo4

I can just remember him wearing one of those padded boiler suit/onesie things the subs used to wear back then. I really wanted one of them.
Michael Cole on 20:23 - Aug 23 with 2747 viewsPerublue

My own personal timeframe with him as a player and my own support of Ipswich and football itself are a bit mixed up...I was a late bloomer...BUT i was aware he was the ''boyfriend'' of my best mate at schools sister and that was in itself a cool thing to be attached to.....being that age.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2021 20:25]

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Michael Cole on 20:34 - Aug 23 with 2708 viewsmr_bean

Michael Cole on 20:15 - Aug 23 by Pendejo

The sort of goal Dalian became known for if I recall correctly

Yes, that's exactly how I remember it too. I was in Churchmans, more or less right behind it. It was a curling shot hit from some distance.
Michael Cole on 20:36 - Aug 23 with 2693 viewsOwainG1992

Enjoyed him with Tazz back in the day on Smackdown.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Michael Cole on 21:12 - Aug 23 with 2579 viewsBluespeed225

He cost me a house in Khartoum Road after pulling out of buying my maisonette in Britannia Road at the very last minute, November 87’ I think, so not a fan..
Michael Cole on 22:43 - Aug 23 with 2446 viewsgainsboroughblue

Michael Cole on 21:12 - Aug 23 by Bluespeed225

He cost me a house in Khartoum Road after pulling out of buying my maisonette in Britannia Road at the very last minute, November 87’ I think, so not a fan..

It's probably John Duncan you need to blame for that. Sounds like that was around the time he was sold to Fulham.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Michael Cole on 22:44 - Aug 23 with 2441 viewsgainsboroughblue

Michael Cole on 20:34 - Aug 23 by mr_bean

Yes, that's exactly how I remember it too. I was in Churchmans, more or less right behind it. It was a curling shot hit from some distance.

T'was a great goal. I think his goal put us 2 up. It finished 2 all.

Michael Cole on 22:51 - Aug 23 with 2415 viewsKeno

He was good on look east

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Michael Cole on 01:27 - Aug 24 with 2297 viewsThe_Major

I seem to remember him scoring against Palace in a 3-0 win in 86/87. But, er, that's it.
[Redacted] on 07:39 - Aug 24 with 2161 viewsvictorywilhappen

Michael Cole on 19:43 - Aug 23 by BelsteadCav

I hate him

Especially when he says “ it’s Boss time “

Not in JR’s league

[Redacted]
Michael Cole on 07:52 - Aug 24 with 2140 viewspatrickswell

I remember him featuring in a “On the lighter side of football” story in an issue of Mstch magazine in late 1986. When Town beat Plymouth 3-0 just before Christmas ‘86, there was an incident where the referee, Ray Lewis gave Town a free kick and Cole kicked the ball back towards where Lewis was standing but the ball struck Lewis, knocking him over. Cole rushed up to see if he was OK and Lewis jokingly pretended to book him.

On a more serious basis , Mich D’Avray’s injury late in the 85-86 season meant that Cole had to play second striker over those last few games. He came on as sub in the Oxford match and played at both West Ham and Sheffield Wednesday as a starter, Alss, it was too big an an ask for him and for them all.
Michael Cole on 09:55 - Aug 24 with 2040 viewsSuperCoops

Believe he left us for Fulham, wasn't at Craven Cottage for too long when he sustained a very serious neck injury in a game and there were fears, I think, he would be potentially paralysed?

Seemed to recover, but don't think he ever played much or at all at a high level. Last I knew, I think he was involved with the academy set up at Chelsea - but that was quite a while back, don't know if he is still there.
Michael Cole on 10:26 - Aug 24 with 1970 viewsKeno

Michael Cole on 09:55 - Aug 24 by SuperCoops

Believe he left us for Fulham, wasn't at Craven Cottage for too long when he sustained a very serious neck injury in a game and there were fears, I think, he would be potentially paralysed?

Seemed to recover, but don't think he ever played much or at all at a high level. Last I knew, I think he was involved with the academy set up at Chelsea - but that was quite a while back, don't know if he is still there.

according to Linked in he is Football Development Officer London Borough of Hackney

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Michael Cole on 12:45 - Sep 3 with 1638 viewsITFC_nostalgia

Michael Cole on 10:26 - Aug 24 by Keno

according to Linked in he is Football Development Officer London Borough of Hackney

Thanks to everyone who helped with this post.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTWfB9wocIe/?utm_medium=copy_link

And happy birthday to Michael Cole.
Michael Cole on 15:41 - Sep 3 with 1494 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Michael Cole on 22:44 - Aug 23 by gainsboroughblue

T'was a great goal. I think his goal put us 2 up. It finished 2 all.

12th Oct 1985.

Cole scored the opener, Zondervan made it 2-0 before Newcastle stormed back to draw.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Michael Cole on 12:18 - Sep 4 with 1274 viewsgainsboroughblue

Michael Cole on 15:41 - Sep 3 by The_Last_Baron

12th Oct 1985.

Cole scored the opener, Zondervan made it 2-0 before Newcastle stormed back to draw.

Nearly right!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024