Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? 20:02 - Aug 23 with 2435 viewsBluefish

Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 20:30 - Aug 23 with 2352 viewsBlueBadger

If I was Paul Jewell I'd be well pissed off here. At the moment, he's definitely the least worst of the 'not Mick' also-rans.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2021 20:54]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 20:35 - Aug 23 with 2334 viewsPerublue

...and Super Jim ?.... BFJ just misses out too date wise ?

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 20:36 - Aug 23 with 2328 viewsSeablu

You’d vote Hurst, wouldn’t you?
Utterly clueless as always.
Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 21:01 - Aug 23 with 2267 viewswkj

Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 20:30 - Aug 23 by BlueBadger

If I was Paul Jewell I'd be well pissed off here. At the moment, he's definitely the least worst of the 'not Mick' also-rans.

Who has been the "least bad" manager in the past 15 years?

Seems more appropriate

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 21:10 - Aug 23 with 2236 viewsKropotkin123

Voted for MM, despite not liking his brand of football. Would be interesting if we made it a competitive list by going back the JR.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 21:19 - Aug 23 with 2214 viewsSitfcB

You only needed one name here.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 21:39 - Aug 23 with 2158 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’m slightly surprised you haven’t included a Bluefish option. Standards are slipping buh.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 08:44 - Aug 24 with 1926 viewsWeWereZombies

Matt Gill - came in at a difficult time and with baggage due to being part of the Lambert set up but, are you listening Paul Cook?, got results immediately. Should have been given the job on a permanent basis for that reason alone. But with the ownership of the club in flux it wasn't going to happen.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 08:51 - Aug 24 with 1919 viewsTractorCam

Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 20:30 - Aug 23 by BlueBadger

I'd have Keane over him, but he's miles ahead of Hurst and Lambert.

Why anybody has voted for someone other than Mick is a mystery.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 10:39 - Aug 24 with 1846 viewsBluefish

Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 08:51 - Aug 24 by TractorCam

It is an insight into how broken our fanbase is

Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 10:42 - Aug 24 with 1837 viewsHighgateBlue

Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 08:51 - Aug 24 by TractorCam

I completely agree, but it makes sense of so much on here. Nearly 30% of people think that Mick was not better than all of these others. That indicates very strongly to me that they genuinely think that results are secondary, and 'brand of football' is primary. Obviously they have a right to think this, and I'm not going to have a go at anyone for simply having a different, but I think it does mean that a lot of us are talking at cross purposes. Some of us want Ipswich to win games, others aren't bothered as long as we lose prettily.
Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 11:34 - Aug 24 with 1769 viewsBugs

Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 10:42 - Aug 24 by HighgateBlue

I completely agree, but it makes sense of so much on here. Nearly 30% of people think that Mick was not better than all of these others. That indicates very strongly to me that they genuinely think that results are secondary, and 'brand of football' is primary. Obviously they have a right to think this, and I'm not going to have a go at anyone for simply having a different, but I think it does mean that a lot of us are talking at cross purposes. Some of us want Ipswich to win games, others aren't bothered as long as we lose prettily.

Implying it has to be one or the other is frankly nonsense.
Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 11:56 - Aug 24 with 1733 viewsBlueNomad

Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 20:35 - Aug 23 by Perublue

...and Super Jim ?.... BFJ just misses out too date wise ?

If it had been 20yrs I would have gone with BFJ. They were exciting times.
Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 13:49 - Aug 24 with 1658 viewsEdwardF

Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 21:39 - Aug 23 by Swansea_Blue

I’m slightly surprised you haven’t included a Bluefish option. Standards are slipping buh.

BluePhish has been very sadly overlooked when recruiting past managers.
With his infinite football wisdom, it's a crime that he hasn't secured a top level coaching post with a FL club.
I would definitely support his application to become coach at Norwich.

Poll: Hypothetically who would you prefer as your main striker:

Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 13:50 - Aug 24 with 1650 viewsrickw

Who WILL have been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years?
Cook

Have belief!!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 11:20 - Aug 26 with 1501 viewsEsseeja

Simply can't vote without Jim Magilton in this list.
Should never have been sacked in the first place.
Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 12:20 - Aug 26 with 1455 viewsborge

Stupid and very loaded question. It is unquestionably Mick based on results, even if (like me) you detest his brand of football and don't have much time for him as a 'character'. It doesn't prove Mick was a brilliant manager, it just proves that he is the best of a bad bunch.

Now do a poll of all managers in living memory and see where Mick places....
Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 13:51 - Aug 26 with 1376 viewsElephantintheRoom

Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 08:44 - Aug 24 by WeWereZombies

Matt Gill - came in at a difficult time and with baggage due to being part of the Lambert set up but, are you listening Paul Cook?, got results immediately. Should have been given the job on a permanent basis for that reason alone. But with the ownership of the club in flux it wasn't going to happen.

I tend to agree. For 15 years Town have repeatedly made the same mistake, appointing journeymen managers whose best days are well behind them = aside from Keane whose appointment was well beyond borderline insanity.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 18:42 - Aug 26 with 1270 viewsKidKlugs

Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 11:34 - Aug 24 by Bugs

Implying it has to be one or the other is frankly nonsense.

agree
Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 18:55 - Aug 26 with 1247 viewsLeaky

Its a loaded questen from a Mick lover, I agree he was the the best manager out of a poor bunch. However the question should have been which manager showed some bollarks too tell Marcus Evans he needed a football management structure in place . So in oppinion they all poor. Just taking a salary and not giving a stuff fot ITFC
Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 20:16 - Aug 26 with 1197 viewsBluefish

Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 18:55 - Aug 26 by Leaky

Its a loaded questen from a Mick lover, I agree he was the the best manager out of a poor bunch. However the question should have been which manager showed some bollarks too tell Marcus Evans he needed a football management structure in place . So in oppinion they all poor. Just taking a salary and not giving a stuff fot ITFC

Loaded? Bit odd that fella. It is a standard football question but other clubs don't have numbskulls

Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 21:04 - Aug 26 with 1169 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone who hasn’t voted for Mick is an utter balloon. Cook, I’ll allow cos it’s too early to tell and there’s a lot of good stuff mixed in with the bad results.

Keane or Lambert are laughable choices. But anyone who has voted for Jewell or Hurst shouldn’t be allowed to use the Internet, vote, drive or have children.

Pronouns: He/Him

Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 21:42 - Aug 26 with 1130 viewstractorshark

Interesting debate. Obviously Mick should be top but not sure how Cook warrants being second right now.
I like the optimism and clearly early days but playing Devil’s advocate, 4 wins from 21 and a win percentage of 19% is bang average.
Even Keane had a win percentage of around 35% (in a higher division) and I thought he was a lunatic of a manager.
You can make an argument for Cook based on recruitment but how much is that down to Ashton?
And you have to remember Keane had that buffoon Simon Clegg in his corner.
Keane did enormous damage to our club but right now his record at Ipswich is undeniably better than Cook’s.
For me, Hurst was definitely the worst, with Lambert and Jewell just above him.
Hurst was a fraud and Jewell had no plan other than to buy old pals and has-beens. At least Cook knows the direction he wishes to take the squad, we’ll find out by Christmas whether he can execute it.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2021 22:10]
Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 22:17 - Aug 26 with 1097 viewstimothyeo

Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 21:04 - Aug 26 by Darth_Koont

Anyone who hasn’t voted for Mick is an utter balloon. Cook, I’ll allow cos it’s too early to tell and there’s a lot of good stuff mixed in with the bad results.

Keane or Lambert are laughable choices. But anyone who has voted for Jewell or Hurst shouldn’t be allowed to use the Internet, vote, drive or have children.

Anyone voting Cook is part of the problem. The questio is 'who has been' and to date Cook is literally miles away from Mick, in fact Cook has a worse record than Lambert.
Who has been the best ITFC manager in the past 15 years? on 22:28 - Aug 26 with 1086 viewsCoastalblue

Weird poll from a weird guy.

Which turd can we make look the shiniest from those we've curled out recently?

We've had one competent manager in that time, and now have a guy that it's too early to judge, what's the point?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024