Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice little present for Ian Botham 10:02 - Aug 24 with 3290 viewsBasuco

For supporting brexit, being made a trade envoy to Australia, which means he can enjoy 1st class flights and hotels and expenses whenever he wants, all at the tax payer expense. Nice "work" if you can get it.
Nice little present for Ian Botham on 10:25 - Aug 24 with 2169 viewsKeno

Have you seen who the Aussies are sending here

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Nice little present for Ian Botham on 10:30 - Aug 24 with 2156 viewsMookamoo

Why not him? Seems like a fairly intelligent man for a sportsman. Supports the idea of non-EU trade deals and understands the Aussies will try and cheat given half the chance. He will open doors that a faceless white collar bureaucrat can't.
Nice little present for Ian Botham on 10:40 - Aug 24 with 2099 viewsElderGrizzly

Nice little present for Ian Botham on 10:30 - Aug 24 by Mookamoo

Why not him? Seems like a fairly intelligent man for a sportsman. Supports the idea of non-EU trade deals and understands the Aussies will try and cheat given half the chance. He will open doors that a faceless white collar bureaucrat can't.

Even he thinks the idea of himself working on trade deals is a bad idea

Nice little present for Ian Botham on 10:50 - Aug 24 with 2073 viewsstonojnr

As just a mere member of the Lords, Beefy already had access to all that...
Nice little present for Ian Botham on 11:14 - Aug 24 with 1997 viewsSwansea_Blue

Would you like to be operated on by a plumber?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nice little present for Ian Botham on 11:17 - Aug 24 with 1979 viewskeighleyblue

christ.
JESUS WEPT! on 11:23 - Aug 24 with 1943 viewsunstableblue

"understands the Aussies will try and cheat given half the chance. He will open doors that a faceless white collar bureaucrat can't."

Do you read the Daily Mail per chance?

From an interview with the boozy meat head himself from last year (on being asked about being a peer):

“I’m enjoying it and will be at Westminster more often when we get back to normal,” he confidently told the newspaper.
“Especially when they are debating something I know about — like sport or the countryside. Not much point if it’s a trade deal with Japan.”

Let that sink in.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Nice little present for Ian Botham on 11:24 - Aug 24 with 1931 viewsKeno

I like airplanes and am really goos at air hockey

Next time you fly into the UK would you be happy if I took over the air traffic control desk for your flight?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Nice little present for Ian Botham on 11:27 - Aug 24 with 1925 viewsGeoffSentence

Jobs for The Brexit Boys.

Dyson already has the ear of the government for any tax changes that he thinks would benefit him.

Expect Wetherspoons Tim to get some sort of backhander in the near future.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2021 11:27]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Nice little present for Ian Botham on 11:27 - Aug 24 with 1930 viewsZx1988

And that, folks, in a single post, is precisely the kind of xenophobic jingoism that led to this entire fustercluck in the first place.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

JESUS WEPT! on 11:32 - Aug 24 with 1893 viewsBarcaBlue

JESUS WEPT! on 11:23 - Aug 24 by unstableblue

"understands the Aussies will try and cheat given half the chance. He will open doors that a faceless white collar bureaucrat can't."

From an interview with the boozy meat head himself from last year (on being asked about being a peer):

“I’m enjoying it and will be at Westminster more often when we get back to normal,” he confidently told the newspaper.
“Especially when they are debating something I know about — like sport or the countryside. Not much point if it’s a trade deal with Japan.”

Let that sink in.

Seems his knowledge of the countryside is based on shooting things. So that just leaves sport, 1980's cricket and walking to John O Groats being his specialities. Bet he's a whizz in the house when those come up for debate.
JESUS WEPT! on 11:45 - Aug 24 with 1851 viewsMookamoo

JESUS WEPT! on 11:23 - Aug 24 by unstableblue

Let that sink in.

Do you really think he will be the one doing the negotiating and not just there for the meet and greets? He is more than qualified for that position.

Love that people are up in arms about Botham, but not the orange flag waving bigot Jeffrey Donaldson getting a similar appointment.
JESUS WEPT! on 12:19 - Aug 24 with 1783 viewsElderGrizzly

JESUS WEPT! on 11:32 - Aug 24 by BarcaBlue

Seems his knowledge of the countryside is based on shooting things. So that just leaves sport, 1980's cricket and walking to John O Groats being his specialities. Bet he's a whizz in the house when those come up for debate.

And showing his cock on Twitter. Maybe that is what sealed the deal?
Nice little present for Ian Botham on 12:23 - Aug 24 with 1777 viewsfactual_blue

Nice little present for Ian Botham on 11:27 - Aug 24 by Zx1988

And that, folks, in a single post, is precisely the kind of xenophobic jingoism that led to this entire fustercluck in the first place.

Come on, daveU. This post is missing your downvote and the accompanying withering analysis you always bring to bear.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Nice little present for Ian Botham on 12:24 - Aug 24 with 1766 viewsfactual_blue

Nice little present for Ian Botham on 10:50 - Aug 24 by stonojnr

As just a mere member of the Lords, Beefy already had access to all that...

He couldn't fly to Oz first class just because he is a member of the Lords.

Nice little present for Ian Botham on 12:25 - Aug 24 with 1752 viewsfactual_blue

Nice little present for Ian Botham on 11:24 - Aug 24 by Keno

I like airplanes and am really goos at air hockey

Next time you fly into the UK would you be happy if I took over the air traffic control desk for your flight?

I would be happy for you to do that for Mookers.

Nice little present for Ian Botham on 13:06 - Aug 24 with 1690 viewsfactual_blue

Nice little present for Ian Botham on 11:14 - Aug 24 by Swansea_Blue

Would you like to be operated on by a plumber?

Yes please!

JESUS WEPT! on 14:08 - Aug 24 with 1605 viewsmkbobby

JESUS WEPT! on 11:32 - Aug 24 by BarcaBlue

and playing for scunthorpe
Nice little present for Ian Botham on 14:13 - Aug 24 with 1590 viewsazuremerlangus

Also has some business interests down under - possible conflict of interest?

https://www.waitrosecellar.com/red-wine/the-botham-80-series-cabernet-sauv-57915

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Nice little present for Ian Botham on 14:30 - Aug 24 with 1548 viewsAYACCA

Beefy will happily say, ‘That’s what I think of your selection policy. Yes, I’ve hit the odd copper, enjoyed the odd doobie. But will you piss off and leave me alone cause i’m walking to John O’Groats for some spastics
Nice little present for Ian Botham on 14:53 - Aug 24 with 1516 viewsHARRY10

It matters little who the UK send out to any country, the UK will have to accept what it is offered, as has been the case so far.

No improvement on any deal, merely rolling over what it had in the EU - which means abiding by EU standards/regulations, or as with Japan getting less than what the UK previously had.

And as pointed out to the endless Brexiteer bleats of "project fear.... baa baa.... master knows best" we have yet another warning coming true.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/aug/24/uk-brexit-safety-ukca-mark-eu-c

"The government has pushed back a deadline for the launch of post-Brexit product safety standards by allowing companies to follow EU rules until 2023, in the latest climbdown amid concerns over the economy."

as explained

"William Bain, the head of trade policy at the British Chambers of Commerce, said the delay to the UKCA mark was welcome but added that fundamental problems in the post-Brexit system could damage British firms.

“Complex supply chains such as those in the automotive industry still face having to duplicate markings on certain components and incurring large costs for testing as a result,” he said. “This could compromise the output of these industries, limit availability of goods for consumers and create mounting cost pressures on British businesses.”?

Having it put that simply, it is hard to grasp how stupid you had to be to not understand that. To be so stupid that you believed habitual liars such as Farage and Johnson over business leaders, the CBI, the Bank of England, ALL major UK and Global banks etc
Nice little present for Ian Botham on 14:59 - Aug 24 with 1500 viewsAYACCA

Nice little present for Ian Botham on 14:53 - Aug 24 by HARRY10

It matters little who the UK send out to any country, the UK will have to accept what it is offered, as has been the case so far.

No improvement on any deal, merely rolling over what it had in the EU - which means abiding by EU standards/regulations, or as with Japan getting less than what the UK previously had.

And as pointed out to the endless Brexiteer bleats of "project fear.... baa baa.... master knows best" we have yet another warning coming true.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/aug/24/uk-brexit-safety-ukca-mark-eu-c

"The government has pushed back a deadline for the launch of post-Brexit product safety standards by allowing companies to follow EU rules until 2023, in the latest climbdown amid concerns over the economy."

as explained

"William Bain, the head of trade policy at the British Chambers of Commerce, said the delay to the UKCA mark was welcome but added that fundamental problems in the post-Brexit system could damage British firms.

“Complex supply chains such as those in the automotive industry still face having to duplicate markings on certain components and incurring large costs for testing as a result,” he said. “This could compromise the output of these industries, limit availability of goods for consumers and create mounting cost pressures on British businesses.”?

Having it put that simply, it is hard to grasp how stupid you had to be to not understand that. To be so stupid that you believed habitual liars such as Farage and Johnson over business leaders, the CBI, the Bank of England, ALL major UK and Global banks etc

Alright chill out don't have a cow mate
Nice little present for Ian Botham on 15:17 - Aug 24 with 1465 viewsHARRY10

Nice little present for Ian Botham on 14:59 - Aug 24 by AYACCA

Alright chill out don't have a cow mate

thanks for reading the post - and then taking the trouble to log in to reply

I fear others often don't even bother with the first

and well done for looking out an old login
Nice little present for Ian Botham on 15:27 - Aug 24 with 1436 viewsMookamoo

Nice little present for Ian Botham on 14:53 - Aug 24 by HARRY10

as explained

Which leads me to my original point. Botham vocally supported and campaigned for it. He now has the opportunity to do something about it. Perfect for the job.
Nice little present for Ian Botham on 17:18 - Aug 24 with 1366 viewsHARRY10

Nice little present for Ian Botham on 15:27 - Aug 24 by Mookamoo

Which leads me to my original point. Botham vocally supported and campaigned for it. He now has the opportunity to do something about it. Perfect for the job.

In the same way a spiritualist should be allowed to visit a graveyard and show us all how we really can speak to the dead.

Town leaving the football league and arranging football matches with the worlds top clubs under different rules is never going to happen - irrespective of what one player tells you can happen.

However, he has been appointed a trade envoy, which is absolutely nothing to do with any trade negotiations. Rather on par with 'megaphone man' wandering around outside PR. A pretty pointless 'job' other than the kudos it supposedly gives to that chap.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024