Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McGavin to Norfolk 16:01 - Aug 26 with 1106 viewsMullet

Hope it allows him to get some game time etc

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

McGavin to Norfolk on 16:45 - Aug 26 with 1003 viewsjayessess

Surprised he couldn't find a league side to go to. I guess Brett was too, hence why it's taken so long for him to move.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

McGavin to Norfolk on 16:54 - Aug 26 with 973 viewsMullet

McGavin to Norfolk on 16:45 - Aug 26 by jayessess

Surprised he couldn't find a league side to go to. I guess Brett was too, hence why it's taken so long for him to move.

Me too, especially when Ndaba and Simpson are squaring off in League 2 atm.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

McGavin to Norfolk on 17:37 - Aug 26 with 919 viewsSwansea_Blue

McGavin to Norfolk on 16:54 - Aug 26 by Mullet

Me too, especially when Ndaba and Simpson are squaring off in League 2 atm.

Me three. He's always looked very tidy when I've seen him.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

McGavin to Norfolk on 17:50 - Aug 26 with 897 viewsHARRY10

McGavin to Norfolk on 17:37 - Aug 26 by Swansea_Blue

Me three. He's always looked very tidy when I've seen him.

Thankfully, we are at last shaking up the youth system - with an emphasis away from the u23's being an entirely separate entity.

The thought now being that as players will always be at various levels of development, they will be best suited out on loan.

A season in L2 should show if you are ready to step up to the first team, need a bit more time, or be moved on. The U23s are not a place to prepare players for the rigours of L1, as has been seen so many times previous.

Good luck to the lad, and the others - and let's hope you progress to PR on a regular basis
McGavin to Norfolk on 18:00 - Aug 26 with 878 viewsDubtractor

McGavin is an odd one for me.

Did a passable job for us last season when needed, will be on a low wage, so I'd have had thought a useful squad filler. But seems to have been completely excluded. Makes you wonder if there is more to it, or if Cook has just decided to force him out?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

McGavin to Norfolk on 18:09 - Aug 26 with 865 viewsSharkey

McGavin to Norfolk on 17:50 - Aug 26 by HARRY10

Thankfully, we are at last shaking up the youth system - with an emphasis away from the u23's being an entirely separate entity.

The thought now being that as players will always be at various levels of development, they will be best suited out on loan.

A season in L2 should show if you are ready to step up to the first team, need a bit more time, or be moved on. The U23s are not a place to prepare players for the rigours of L1, as has been seen so many times previous.

Good luck to the lad, and the others - and let's hope you progress to PR on a regular basis

I think you're a bit optimistic that League 2 clubs want largely untried players from League 1 on loan. He's just taking up a place from someone who might go on to earn the club some money.
McGavin to Norfolk on 18:19 - Aug 26 with 839 viewsSwansea_Blue

McGavin to Norfolk on 17:50 - Aug 26 by HARRY10

I've no problem with the approach of using loans rather than U23 time, I'm just a bit surprised that we couldn't get better than a non league side for him. He's looked good enough for us (of old) when I've seen him, so thought L2 should have been a real possibility.

He's only a year younger than Flynn Downes, so hardly a kid. Maybe he's not going to make it, although I thought there was a nice technical player there with decent vision and a good workrate. Maybe I just haven't seen enough of him to have an accurate view.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

McGavin to Norfolk on 19:12 - Aug 26 with 780 viewsreusersfreekicks

McGavin to Norfolk on 18:09 - Aug 26 by Sharkey

I think you're a bit optimistic that League 2 clubs want largely untried players from League 1 on loan. He's just taking up a place from someone who might go on to earn the club some money.

That's what Simpson is
Login to get fewer ads

McGavin to Norfolk on 19:25 - Aug 26 with 751 viewsSharkey

McGavin to Norfolk on 19:12 - Aug 26 by reusersfreekicks

That's what Simpson is

fair point! Be interesting to know who's paying what of his wages.
McGavin to Norfolk on 21:34 - Aug 26 with 616 viewsmarkchips

McGavin to Norfolk on 19:25 - Aug 26 by Sharkey

fair point! Be interesting to know who's paying what of his wages.

Good point raised. It would be interesting to know , with so many youngsters being loaned out, exactly how much these clubs are paying towards their wages. If they are on 20k per year ish it would not be unreasonable to see a quarter of this covered and much more for Simpson and Ndaba.
McGavin to Norfolk on 21:57 - Aug 26 with 573 viewsHARRY10

McGavin to Norfolk on 21:34 - Aug 26 by markchips

Good point raised. It would be interesting to know , with so many youngsters being loaned out, exactly how much these clubs are paying towards their wages. If they are on 20k per year ish it would not be unreasonable to see a quarter of this covered and much more for Simpson and Ndaba.

From what I heard elsewhere the rough idea is that the 'other' club offers what they would be expecting to pay a player of his standing - and we nake up the rest.

I suspect that away from the wage question it is a case of sink or swim - something that should have been done much earlier - and with many others.

We had a squad of first teamers of whom many on here were claiming were the strongest in the league. Yet many quickly sunk down to L2 level after leaving us.

We owe no player a living, and as the rewards can be phenomenal, there should not be any sentiment.

We also need to address the question of why we have not produced a first team keeper in over 15 years, with not one (?) academy keeper going on to have league success elsewhere either.

A long overdue overhaul, I would suggest.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024