Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on game and situation 19:25 - Aug 28 with 716 viewsjasondozzell

When we're good, we're great. Burns and Edwards looked dangerous whenever on the ball. Some good performances today - those two, Coulson, Piggot who worked hard and won lots of headers, flick ons. Some excellent football for second goal and one move in particular towards end of first half was fantastic.

Pattern of play beginning to emerge. You can see the idea down both flanks with full backs and wide players creating overloads. We get in some great positions.

Final ball is poor sometimes. Feels like we're not quite sure how to finish moves off. Missed Bonne's pace/instinct a bit I felt.

Main worry is not controlling games. Time and time again we gave ball away and then got countered. Evans and Harper told to stay deep and protect CBs as full backs bomb on but at times it feels like we don't have any impetus in midfield.

Team is nervous. I think longer this goes on without a win the worse it will be. A lot of mistakes came from slight panic at times.

We looked leggy at end. Harper was struggling to get out at one point to close down.

Clearly worries but I think Cook is probably correct about the pre season thing. New team and so many new combinations. Obviously frustrating but I don't think we can question Cook until 10 games in.

Not convinced by keeper though.

I think Evans is a good footballer but give Carroll a chance next game. For whatever reason we're not firing yet in midfield.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2021 19:30]
Thoughts on game and situation on 19:40 - Aug 28 with 619 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Our problem with converting some of the chances we create from the good moves on the flanks though is because the midfield pairing are not getting in or around the box quickly enough or at all.
Piggott made the runs to the near post taking the centre backs with him and we desperately needed a willing runner to move into the space behind. It’s not happened yet again today and the chances go begging.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Thoughts on game and situation on 19:49 - Aug 28 with 561 viewsjasondozzell

Thoughts on game and situation on 19:40 - Aug 28 by StochesStotasBlewe

Our problem with converting some of the chances we create from the good moves on the flanks though is because the midfield pairing are not getting in or around the box quickly enough or at all.
Piggott made the runs to the near post taking the centre backs with him and we desperately needed a willing runner to move into the space behind. It’s not happened yet again today and the chances go begging.

Agree. Spot on. If you're going to play one up front you've got to have players getting up in support. No one in those spaces in centre on many occasions when ball crossed.

Fraser seemed to go missing quite a bit. And agree re Evans and Harper. I understand they've been tasked with protecting at back but surely one could get further forward when the other sits?

I'm not sure we need to play two deep seated CMs at times.

Evans not convinced so far. Clearly good ability but I thought we'd see more of him driving forward with ball.
Thoughts on game and situation on 19:53 - Aug 28 with 539 viewsIllinoisblue

Evans has to be dropped.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Thoughts on game and situation on 19:54 - Aug 28 with 527 viewsjasondozzell

Thoughts on game and situation on 19:53 - Aug 28 by Illinoisblue

Evans has to be dropped.

I do think we need to try something different in midfield. Carroll should get a chance at Wycombe
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024