Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In every game 20:01 - Aug 28 with 1878 viewsbluefunk

we’ve fallen away badly after about an hour. Couldn’t recover after giving a goal away against Morecombe (also trying clever play in the wrong areas) failed to recognise we were vulnerable to the counter against Burton, allowed pressure against Cheltenham leading to the late goal, with same today (more trying to be clever in the wrong areas too) , and against MK, simply outplayed. If formations don’t win games, then why be so rigid in the way we set up - it’s been clear in every game we get outnumbered in the centre too often in the last half hour or so, yet PC does little to address it.

I’m losing patience with him, either it’s the way we set up, or it’s the players, since he was and is in control of both, it’s his fault
In every game on 20:09 - Aug 28 with 1820 viewsIllinoisblue

So much for the expensively assembled sports science dept

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

In every game on 20:11 - Aug 28 with 1814 viewsCuffy81

We tired so badly today. Fraser was labouring most of the second half - definitely a concern
In every game on 20:39 - Aug 28 with 1746 viewsITFC_Forever

In every game on 20:11 - Aug 28 by Cuffy81

We tired so badly today. Fraser was labouring most of the second half - definitely a concern

Edwards fades in every match too.

Looked like he was running on empty for the last 10-15 minutes.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

In every game on 21:01 - Aug 28 with 1676 viewsWD19

In every game on 20:11 - Aug 28 by Cuffy81

Fraser looks like he is labouring whenever he moves.
In every game on 21:04 - Aug 28 with 1661 viewspointofblue

In every game on 20:39 - Aug 28 by ITFC_Forever

Edwards fades in every match too.

Looked like he was running on empty for the last 10-15 minutes.

I noticed one moment in the second half that summed this up - Pigott and Fraser were working in tandem to try and harry the Dons defence and it was working. They were panicked and struggling to get it out... until it moved to the right where Edwards was the closest player. And he didn't bother pressing at all. They played around him and attacked. It might have even been the start of the move which resulted in the free kick for their first goal.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

In every game on 21:04 - Aug 28 with 1650 viewschrismakin

Squad is no where near fit enough for what PC wants it to do. He's correct in the lateness of signings hasn't helped in that respect. The injuries haven't helped either.

BUT, if they aren't fit enough yet, don't play that way until they are capable of doing so, otherwise this run of non wins will just continue.

Fine go 4 2 3 1 from the start, if we get ahead, just lock it up, go 4 5 1, see it home, relax and slow the fken thing down.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

In every game on 21:06 - Aug 28 with 1645 viewspointofblue

In every game on 21:04 - Aug 28 by chrismakin

Squad is no where near fit enough for what PC wants it to do. He's correct in the lateness of signings hasn't helped in that respect. The injuries haven't helped either.

BUT, if they aren't fit enough yet, don't play that way until they are capable of doing so, otherwise this run of non wins will just continue.

Fine go 4 2 3 1 from the start, if we get ahead, just lock it up, go 4 5 1, see it home, relax and slow the fken thing down.

I'd love to know what we were trying today - what was the point of continually playing it over the top to Pigott? In fairness he won a few balls but there was no one near him to pick them up, resulting in them attacking again. It didn't help that we struggled to win the back as well.

In every game on 21:14 - Aug 28 with 1603 viewschrismakin

In every game on 21:06 - Aug 28 by pointofblue

I'd love to know what we were trying today - what was the point of continually playing it over the top to Pigott? In fairness he won a few balls but there was no one near him to pick them up, resulting in them attacking again. It didn't help that we struggled to win the back as well.

I don't know if that's a demand or if that's players choosing to do it.. what I don't agree with at this time is where PC says at 2-0 you want to go 3-0 4-0. TBH, buger it, just win it 2-0.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Login to get fewer ads

In every game on 22:10 - Aug 28 with 1508 views3_5_2

In every game on 21:04 - Aug 28 by chrismakin

I don’t understand why we didn’t go to 451 to swamp midfield at 2-1

Aluko was a crap decision and this rigid 4231 is killing us

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

In every game on 22:15 - Aug 28 with 1476 viewsRyorry

In every game on 20:09 - Aug 28 by Illinoisblue

It's hardly going to have instant results is it?!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

In every game on 22:16 - Aug 28 with 1475 viewspointofblue

In every game on 21:14 - Aug 28 by chrismakin

I don't know if that's a demand or if that's players choosing to do it.. what I don't agree with at this time is where PC says at 2-0 you want to go 3-0 4-0. TBH, buger it, just win it 2-0.

Just hold it at 2-1; we'd be happy with 2-1. We seemed to be chasing a third with balls over the top - why???

ETA - Well we know why, because the middle has disintegrated and we'd lost our full backs.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2021 22:21]

In every game on 23:37 - Aug 28 with 1353 viewsIllinoisblue

In every game on 22:15 - Aug 28 by Ryorry

It's hardly going to have instant results is it?!

Why not?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

In every game on 23:46 - Aug 28 with 1333 viewsitfctilidie

In every game on 21:01 - Aug 28 by WD19

Fraser looks like he is labouring whenever he moves.

Apart from the obvious Hladky, Fraser is the biggest disappointment for me.
In every game on 23:58 - Aug 28 with 1296 viewspointofblue

In every game on 23:46 - Aug 28 by itfctilidie

Apart from the obvious Hladky, Fraser is the biggest disappointment for me.

Fraser is such an enigma - he seems to do little but give the ball away for the most part but he was one of the leading chance creators in the league prior to today.

In every game on 01:20 - Aug 29 with 1206 viewsistanblue

Sound familiar? The first half of Lambert's reign was the same. Have a good first half, then have a s*it second half (or vice versa). The only difference was that under PR Paul we actually won some games!
In every game on 12:55 - Aug 29 with 994 viewsRyorry

In every game on 23:37 - Aug 28 by Illinoisblue

Why not?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

In every game on 16:33 - Aug 29 with 893 viewsArnieM

The team are playing at a very high tempo , high up the pitch . You are right, we do fall away badly after 60mins. Which is why Cook is saying the players ( as yet), “have not reached the required fitness levels”, ( to maintain this high tempo game) . Interval training takes time to reap the dividends….I’ll say again, expect nothing this season, and if we do manage to string it altogether, I personally won’t be looking for such dividends until around Christmas time and into th3 second half of the. Be realistic !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

In every game on 21:23 - Aug 29 with 794 viewsBlue_Moses

In every game on 20:09 - Aug 28 by Illinoisblue

Sports science department can't do much about Cook not realising the opposition change their tactics and outnumber our midfield around the hour mark every game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024