Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A sickener - but still not panicking 21:09 - Aug 28 with 1131 viewsitfcsuth

Please don’t get me mistaken, of course nobody is happy with the first 5, but 10 was my personal measuring stick, and I’ll personally stick to that.

From my opinion, I think we do so much well in games, and we genuinely throw away good work with constantly shooting ourselves in the foot with poor errors - error from Hladky for the second today.

We do seem to lack confidence, and we do have that fragile look to us, again shown today when we stop playing when we conceded the first, and went into panic mode - hoping this mentality is eradicated the more they play together and trust each other.

Having said all of that, I do believe we do a lot right, and I personally don’t think we are far away from clicking. The first win is critical, and it will feel like a lift, but of course, it needs to come sooner rather than later.

Stick with it guys, COYB.
A sickener - but still not panicking on 21:09 - Aug 28 with 1116 viewsjasondozzell

Agree. Keep the faith!
A sickener - but still not panicking on 21:16 - Aug 28 with 1073 viewsSeablue

Well put. Rational response!
A sickener - but still not panicking on 21:33 - Aug 28 with 1038 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

10 games is the usual measuring stick I'd say.

Panic mode hasn't set in yet, and won't until at least the end of September IF we're in the same position we find ourselves in.

Defensively, we look a bit better with Burgess in there and that's no disrespect to Toto, Burgess is just a better player, and I genuinely believe when Edmundson comes in, we'll be even more stronger at the back. Hopefully, by then, we'd have at least got our first win.
A sickener - but still not panicking on 21:54 - Aug 28 with 982 viewsRyorry

A sickener - but still not panicking on 21:33 - Aug 28 by WickhamsLeftBoot

Panic mode hasn't set in yet, and won't until at least the end of September IF we're in the same position we find ourselves in.

Defensively, we look a bit better with Burgess in there and that's no disrespect to Toto, Burgess is just a better player, and I genuinely believe when Edmundson comes in, we'll be even more stronger at the back. Hopefully, by then, we'd have at least got our first win.

Panic mode does seem to have set in amongst a few, but I agree, it's not a "disaster" like one thread stated.

People need to remember that we were less than 1 minute away from bagging all 3 points. I'm pretty sure the tone of the board would have been completely different if we'd hung on for those few seconds.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

A sickener - but still not panicking on 22:22 - Aug 28 with 922 viewsgazzer1999

A sickener - but still not panicking on 21:54 - Aug 28 by Ryorry

Panic mode does seem to have set in amongst a few, but I agree, it's not a "disaster" like one thread stated.

People need to remember that we were less than 1 minute away from bagging all 3 points. I'm pretty sure the tone of the board would have been completely different if we'd hung on for those few seconds.

We were 1 minute from losing the first game. Cook has been a disaster so far and I do not think it will turn, just the wrong choice again. I think if we are to get promoted this year a change needs to be made this week before it’s too late to resurrect the season. Coaching is very poor at the very least we should be looking to bring in an experienced man along side and dispense with the old mates that are coming up short. Maybe the Americans will turn to Frank Yallop for help.
A sickener - but still not panicking on 22:31 - Aug 28 with 889 viewswkj

I am not panicking, but I am very very annoyed that we are not seeing any improvement week on week. We score some goals, we don't win. The only consolation is that we are probably playing the best football of all the teams in the drop zone.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

A sickener - but still not panicking on 22:33 - Aug 28 with 879 viewsVic

A sickener - but still not panicking on 21:54 - Aug 28 by Ryorry

By no means panic mode - but every game without a win raises more questions. You’re right that we were only a minute away from winning, but why were we not so in control of the game that we could see it out with ease?

Questions have to be asked about tactics, and that’s down to the manager. Not panicking and not calling for Cooks head, but .....

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

A sickener - but still not panicking on 22:40 - Aug 28 with 861 viewsitfcsuth

A sickener - but still not panicking on 22:22 - Aug 28 by gazzer1999

We were 1 minute from losing the first game. Cook has been a disaster so far and I do not think it will turn, just the wrong choice again. I think if we are to get promoted this year a change needs to be made this week before it’s too late to resurrect the season. Coaching is very poor at the very least we should be looking to bring in an experienced man along side and dispense with the old mates that are coming up short. Maybe the Americans will turn to Frank Yallop for help.

We mustn’t forget the wholesale changes at this club this summer, on and off the pitch, they have been drastic - that will take time to settle and develop, 5 games is not a reasonable amount of time I’m afraid, and it frustrates me that so many people think that it is.

We haven’t even got out of August yet, we are still in the infancy stage of our new era and people are hitting the panic buttons. Thankfully, we have professionals at the helm of this club now, and they understand the game - the panic button will not be hit yet.
Login to get fewer ads

A sickener - but still not panicking on 22:41 - Aug 28 with 856 viewstimothyeo

A sickener - but still not panicking on 21:09 - Aug 28 by jasondozzell

Agree. Keep the faith!

You said the same about Hurst and Lambert.
A sickener - but still not panicking on 22:51 - Aug 28 with 828 viewsitfcsuth

A sickener - but still not panicking on 22:33 - Aug 28 by Vic

By no means panic mode - but every game without a win raises more questions. You’re right that we were only a minute away from winning, but why were we not so in control of the game that we could see it out with ease?

Questions have to be asked about tactics, and that’s down to the manager. Not panicking and not calling for Cooks head, but .....

We need a win sooner rather than later, no doubt about that and it will feel like a weight lifted.

I do have to raise a couple of things:
- What questions regarding tactics do you mean exactly/specifically?
- Would you agree significant moments that have cost us so far have been down to individual errors, and nothing to do with tactics/coaching etc?
A sickener - but still not panicking on 22:55 - Aug 28 with 820 viewsVic

A sickener - but still not panicking on 22:40 - Aug 28 by itfcsuth

We mustn’t forget the wholesale changes at this club this summer, on and off the pitch, they have been drastic - that will take time to settle and develop, 5 games is not a reasonable amount of time I’m afraid, and it frustrates me that so many people think that it is.

We haven’t even got out of August yet, we are still in the infancy stage of our new era and people are hitting the panic buttons. Thankfully, we have professionals at the helm of this club now, and they understand the game - the panic button will not be hit yet.

You’re right - 5 games isn’t enough. But it’s five and counting. How many will we count up to?

A sickener - but still not panicking on 22:56 - Aug 28 with 817 viewswkj

A sickener - but still not panicking on 22:51 - Aug 28 by itfcsuth

We need a win sooner rather than later, no doubt about that and it will feel like a weight lifted.

- Would you agree significant moments that have cost us so far have been down to individual errors, and nothing to do with tactics/coaching etc?

I disagree with point 2. Yes, there have been individual errors, however - where is the Coaching for set pieces?

RE Point 1: Why is it that in most games do we end up playing instantly worse after our 70th-minute subs? (Both this season and last) Yes, subs aren't routinely supposed to improve the game, but they certainly shouldn't adversely impact the team.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

A sickener - but still not panicking on 23:01 - Aug 28 with 801 viewspointofblue

A sickener - but still not panicking on 22:56 - Aug 28 by wkj

I disagree with point 2. Yes, there have been individual errors, however - where is the Coaching for set pieces?

RE Point 1: Why is it that in most games do we end up playing instantly worse after our 70th-minute subs? (Both this season and last) Yes, subs aren't routinely supposed to improve the game, but they certainly shouldn't adversely impact the team.

I also think individual errors have come from a deeper malaise.

Morecambe's equaliser came from Penney playing back to Woolfenden as there wasn't a midfield option. Burton's winning penalty came from losing the ball in the centre of midfield whilst their opener, like Morecambe's and MK Dons', came from a player running through unchallenged. MK Dons' second equaliser was a bad pass from central midfield.

Cheltenham's two goals and Wimbledon's two goals all came from set plays of sorts (long throw and I think a cross after a semi-cleared corner for Cheltenham/free kick and corner for Wimbledon) where our defence seemed to lack a plan.

So get a set play in or play through us. We are not organised at the back - despite Burgess starting relatively well and helping Woolfenden too - but they're not helped by a practically non-existent central midfield, especially from mid way through the second half.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

A sickener - but still not panicking on 23:02 - Aug 28 with 794 viewstimothyeo

Individual errors don't happen JUST because of the individual though. For example, if you let a team put you under pressure, if you give away the ball in the middle of the park and are left exposed, CB's are much more likely to make a mistake.
A sickener - but still not panicking on 23:07 - Aug 28 with 769 viewsVic

Totally agree about the individual errors.

However, in my opinion the tactics are not helping. Too many times we take the lead and then concede soon after. And we seem to speak after we concede. We are not able to control the game and the subs are not improving things. Eg - Dobra made no impact last week and today the subs were just odd. This seems to be a trait last season that has carried over from last season.

In addition, we are not playing through our midfield enough (too many long balls with little end product. No sign of improvement.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2021 23:08]

A sickener - but still not panicking on 23:17 - Aug 28 with 736 viewsitfcsuth

A sickener - but still not panicking on 22:55 - Aug 28 by Vic

You’re right - 5 games isn’t enough. But it’s five and counting. How many will we count up to?

10 I think is the first checkpoint for me, and then take stock and see how we developed/settled at that point.

A lot of what we do is really good, and it feels close to clicking - will see how we are looking come the end of September.
A sickener - but still not panicking on 23:36 - Aug 28 with 691 viewsitfcsuth

A sickener - but still not panicking on 23:07 - Aug 28 by Vic

Totally agree about the individual errors.

However, in my opinion the tactics are not helping. Too many times we take the lead and then concede soon after. And we seem to speak after we concede. We are not able to control the game and the subs are not improving things. Eg - Dobra made no impact last week and today the subs were just odd. This seems to be a trait last season that has carried over from last season.

In addition, we are not playing through our midfield enough (too many long balls with little end product. No sign of improvement.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2021 23:08]

I personally think that is more to do with our mental fragility at the moment - but I suspect and hope that will develop the more this group of players play with each other, develop confidence in each other, learn to trust each other.

I don’t think we look to play centrally, we do look to utilise wider areas more, and Cook likes his teams to do that, that’s his strong tactics to dominate wider areas, overload wider areas and get balls in to the box.

Only Coulsen and Woolfenden touched the ball more than Lee Evans today though for Town.
A sickener - but still not panicking on 00:21 - Aug 29 with 651 viewsZXBlue

A sickener - but still not panicking on 21:33 - Aug 28 by WickhamsLeftBoot

Not sure that is right.

Toto is the man who makes the sort of last ditch challenges thast keep out of of today's goals.
A sickener - but still not panicking on 01:22 - Aug 29 with 595 viewsArnieM

A sickener - but still not panicking on 22:22 - Aug 28 by gazzer1999

Ha ha ha ha ha

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024