Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time wasting 23:33 - Aug 28 with 1798 viewsFixed_It

Not sure what was going on with the Burns substitution but ultimately that, and the keeper getting booked, cost us the game.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Time wasting on 23:36 - Aug 28 with 1763 viewstractorshark

Incredibly Donacien didn’t have his shirt with him. He had to run back to the dressing room to get it.
Pretty amateur.
Time wasting on 23:36 - Aug 28 with 1768 viewsitfctilidie

What was most bizarre about this event was that Burns' replacement Aluko was ready to come on but Cook waited until Donacien was ready to make a double sub. This left us with 10 men - it was only until the ball went out next which was about 30 seconds later but just strange in my opinion - why wait?
Time wasting on 03:52 - Aug 29 with 1584 viewsIllinoisblue

Time wasting on 23:36 - Aug 28 by tractorshark

Incredibly Donacien didn’t have his shirt with him. He had to run back to the dressing room to get it.
Pretty amateur.

Quite incredible, really. Why the fook would you be on the bench but not wearing a shirt. Amateur hour.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Time wasting on 06:09 - Aug 29 with 1522 viewspennblue

Some of these stops look pre-meditated. Not just ITFC but oppo too.

Seems new fashion for when game play momentum switches in oppo teams direction, someone 'hits the deck' for a spurious injury and the whole team is prepped to go over to the manager for a intra match pep talk.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Time wasting on 09:26 - Aug 29 with 1276 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Time wasting on 06:09 - Aug 29 by pennblue

Seems new fashion for when game play momentum switches in oppo teams direction, someone 'hits the deck' for a spurious injury and the whole team is prepped to go over to the manager for a intra match pep talk.

A hangover from the Covid era regulations with the extra drinks break, maybe?

Managers liked that and felt they had more impact on games late on, so try to replicate it?

That's my theory, anyway!
Time wasting on 09:39 - Aug 29 with 1215 viewsborge

Time wasting on 03:52 - Aug 29 by Illinoisblue

Quite incredible, really. Why the fook would you be on the bench but not wearing a shirt. Amateur hour.

The subs don't ever wear their shirts on the bench, they put them on just prior to coming on. You would always expect them to have them with them at least.....
Time wasting on 10:47 - Aug 29 with 1119 viewsRadlett_blue

Time wasting on 09:39 - Aug 29 by borge

The subs don't ever wear their shirts on the bench, they put them on just prior to coming on. You would always expect them to have them with them at least.....

Why don't substitutes wear their shirts while on the bench?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Time wasting on 12:22 - Aug 29 with 1032 viewsfranz_tyson

Time wasting on 10:47 - Aug 29 by Radlett_blue

Maybe we’ve got a kitman who’s really a coach.
Login to get fewer ads

Time wasting on 16:27 - Aug 29 with 896 viewsborge

Time wasting on 10:47 - Aug 29 by Radlett_blue

Dunno, but if you watch the bench, before a substitution is made, whoever is coming on puts their shirt on immediately prior to coming on.
Time wasting on 21:26 - Aug 29 with 787 viewsBlue_Moses

Time wasting on 06:09 - Aug 29 by pennblue

I went to my first Town game as a kid in 1987 and teams were doing this back then, let's not use timewasting as an excuse.
Time wasting on 23:51 - Aug 29 with 697 viewsSamWhiteUK

Time wasting on 21:26 - Aug 29 by Blue_Moses

I went to my first Town game as a kid in 1987 and teams were doing this back then, let's not use timewasting as an excuse.

Peter Crouch said on his podcast that players do it all the time to buy some time. The physio runs on and goes over to them and the player will just say "I'm killing some time" and the physio pretends to treat them
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024