Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hladky 09:47 - Aug 29 with 699 viewsITFCed

What do we think the issue is here? Is he flustered by the big crowds? If he was league 2’s keeper of the season based on his start, it says a lot about the standard in that league

Poll: Who was the player of the tournament in your opinion?

Hladky on 10:05 - Aug 29 with 643 viewsChrisd

Feel he didn't started that well, he's conceded goals regularly and then that's knocked his confidence, the doubts have set in and it's snowballed. Also, having different people in front of him probably hasn't helped to make him feel settled either. The mental side of goalkeeping is huge and shouldn't be underestimated, so perhaps playing in front of more fans and at a club with big expectations have impacted him negatively. The goalkeeper position is so important for a side which they can build their foundations on. Look at the impact of Ederson at City and Alison at Liverpool and I'm not comparing us to either of those clubs, but those keepers have taken them to another level defensively. I'm sure if we looked back at the comments from fans about Hladky's signing earlier in the summer they were all very positive and why would you think otherwise from the reports and accolades? Personally, I want him to come through this tricky spell, but is he showing enough in other areas of his goalkeeping armoury to prove he's worth persevering with and that's the part I'm not so sure.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Hladky on 10:09 - Aug 29 with 627 viewsWD19

He has looked technically competent in the warm ups, but very prone to a brainstorm once the whistle goes. Seemed mentally panicky when I have seen him up close and I wonder if that flows through to everything else. Definitely one for a sports psychologist.
Hladky on 10:42 - Aug 29 with 575 viewsFixed_It

Said similar above before I read your post. He clearly doesn't look confident which is a worry.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2021 10:42]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Hladky on 10:47 - Aug 29 with 551 viewsjayessess

Feels like a very similar situation to Bialkowski in 2018. I just can't square the keeper I'm watching with his reputation.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024