Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? 17:20 - Aug 29 with 4603 viewsScottCandage

Here's why. For new owners to buy the club, fund a manager (who they said they would have hired anyway but ME finally did something right) properly in order to overhaul and entire first team. It would be the act of COMPLETE IDIOTS to fire that manager after 5 league matches. It would be COMPLETE LUNACY. And nothing that Gamechanger/Ashton have done in their time here lead me to believe they are idiots or lunatics.

That being the case, the Cook Out stuff just seems really negative. And frankly, it's not needed by the team, and it makes following ITFC so difficult. We're had SO much negativity over the past 10 years. We finally have a sunny day. Please don't complain about a sunny day.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2021 17:21]
Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 17:22 - Aug 29 with 2658 viewsMullet

There hasn’t really been any. He’s had an incredibly easy ride. Many other clubs would have hit far more venomous by now.

Apart from that, I agree.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 17:22 - Aug 29 with 2654 viewsKieran_Knows

I’ve steered clear of the forum and twitter since 5pm yesterday …. But has there been all that much Cook out stuff? All I’ve seen, is people quite worried about a manager with 4 wins from 22 games. People have valid points, but may not necessarily be calling for Cooks head.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Have we actually STARTED with 'Cook out' yet? (n/t) on 17:22 - Aug 29 with 2639 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 17:24 - Aug 29 with 2626 viewspointofblue

He's applauded on the pitch like we've qualified for the Champions League after four wins out of 23 in tier three. Yet supposedly the fans are being negative?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 17:28 - Aug 29 with 2595 viewsgordon

He basically got a standing ovation when he walked onto the pitch yesterday didn't he? It's difficult to see how people could be more positive to a manager who hasn't really delivered much so far.
Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 17:35 - Aug 29 with 2551 viewsBlueBadger

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 17:28 - Aug 29 by gordon

He basically got a standing ovation when he walked onto the pitch yesterday didn't he? It's difficult to see how people could be more positive to a manager who hasn't really delivered much so far.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 17:36 - Aug 29 with 2551 viewsWickets

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 17:24 - Aug 29 by pointofblue

He's applauded on the pitch like we've qualified for the Champions League after four wins out of 23 in tier three. Yet supposedly the fans are being negative?

Yes us fans have supported him maybe not quite as much as the Sir Bobby supported Lambert but he used to go over and milk it . I do think with such an inexperienced coaching staff maybe he does need an assistant manager although i do not subscribe to all this Richardson nonsense .
Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 17:40 - Aug 29 with 2520 viewsDubtractor

What Cook out stuff?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 17:42 - Aug 29 with 2500 viewsOldboy

Don't think any Town fan really thinks he should be gone, but we should question his start. People said last season was a free hit because it wasn't his squad. Well this lot are and he should be questioned. Think he will be given until Xmas and by then we will be in or around top 10. The question then will be asked as to whether they back him again in January or go for someone new. I reckon he will be given the whole of this season to take us up.
Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 17:42 - Aug 29 with 2502 viewsBlueBadger

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 17:40 - Aug 29 by Dubtractor

What Cook out stuff?

There is literally none. Not even from Fishers.

There is, however, an understandable swell of disappointment and concern that our expensively assembled squad has yet to win a third division game and that, at present, the manager's record here doesn't look good at all.

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 18:00 - Aug 29 with 2455 viewshomer_123

Huh?

Really?

All I see is a fair few fans puzzling over a poor start following an overhaul and poor end to last season.

Apologies for not being blindingly positive and supportive.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 18:01 - Aug 29 with 2446 viewshomer_123

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 17:42 - Aug 29 by BlueBadger

There is literally none. Not even from Fishers.

There is, however, an understandable swell of disappointment and concern that our expensively assembled squad has yet to win a third division game and that, at present, the manager's record here doesn't look good at all.

Apparently we must not question or waver in our support.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 18:14 - Aug 29 with 2401 viewsBlueBadger

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 18:01 - Aug 29 by homer_123

Apparently we must not question or waver in our support.

We can't be the ONLY club that basically forms a cult around under performing and/or patently crap managers can we?

Keane, Lambert and now it's starting with Cook(I don't think Hurst had long enough for that to happen).

I mean, I'm firmly of the view that we shouldn't be shouting 'Cook out' yet, but the blind refusal to see problems is simply.....I mean......I just don't get it.

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 18:19 - Aug 29 with 2386 viewsjayessess

I went yesterday and for my money that's the most positive reception and general atmosphere I've ever seen for a team with no win in 5. In context, it's an absolute miracle how positive people are being.

If that's not a pleasant enough environment for either manager or players then they need to find other careers.

No one is Cook out, we all want him to succeed. But if no wins in 5 becomes no wins in 10, his position will be untenable. There is no football club in the entire EFL where that wouldn't be the case.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2021 18:21]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 18:32 - Aug 29 with 2311 viewsBlueBadger

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 18:19 - Aug 29 by jayessess

I went yesterday and for my money that's the most positive reception and general atmosphere I've ever seen for a team with no win in 5. In context, it's an absolute miracle how positive people are being.

If that's not a pleasant enough environment for either manager or players then they need to find other careers.

No one is Cook out, we all want him to succeed. But if no wins in 5 becomes no wins in 10, his position will be untenable. There is no football club in the entire EFL where that wouldn't be the case.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2021 18:21]

You forgot to add the word 'NOW' to 'There is no football club in the entire EFL where that wouldn't be the case.'

Marcus Evans would have given Cook a five year deal by now.

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 19:18 - Aug 29 with 2171 viewsPioneerBlue

This. What he said. Now is not the time. At least leat game changer and MA think they made a good decision buying into ITFC for a while longer.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 19:27 - Aug 29 with 2135 viewschrismakin

Some are very clever

You'll see " he's had 4 wins in 22, he's done nothing, he'll do nothing, it's not good enough, surely the owners can see it" but then haven't got the balls to say cook out. then spend the rest of their time saying they're just sharing their frustrations.

It's funny

I'm clearly a PC fan, I still believe he will do great things If he doesn't then oops im wrong. but I won't hide behind a keyboard and pretend I have another stance.

There are many on here who are very very obvious on where they stand, but as I say, haven;t for some reason on a forum, got the guts to say exactly where they stand.

Then you see replies like this thread on ' theres not much cook out' posts etc. it's almost as if you're supposed to be blind to them.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 19:37 - Aug 29 with 2086 viewsSwansea_Blue

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 17:22 - Aug 29 by Kieran_Knows

I’ve steered clear of the forum and twitter since 5pm yesterday …. But has there been all that much Cook out stuff? All I’ve seen, is people quite worried about a manager with 4 wins from 22 games. People have valid points, but may not necessarily be calling for Cooks head.

Ditto. I’d not seen any Cook out stuff before yesterday, and I’ve more sense (just!) than to judge the mood immediately post match.

I’m not sure the sunny day analogy works in the OP. More like it’s been pissing down for years but we’ve now a change in weather systems and may lead to sunny outbreaks, but it’s too far out to say with any confidence yet.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2021 19:38]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 19:55 - Aug 29 with 2028 views3_5_2

I don’t think it’s Cook out but more of a case of fans expectations after years of dross being too high
With such a turnover of players.

I look at it like this, which new players would you not have in exchange for one (same position) we let go.

None for me although I’m yet to be convinced by Aluko

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 20:02 - Aug 29 with 2000 viewsIllinoisblue

Sunny days? It’s a little cloudy down here in the bottom reaches of Division 3

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 20:08 - Aug 29 with 1974 viewswkj

I don't think there has been a lot of Cook Out. A lot of the "warm fuzzies" have ended for many people, and fantasy contingency planning - but it's not up for us to blindly support Cook anymore - it's up to him to keep us supporting him.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 20:09 - Aug 29 with 1974 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 20:02 - Aug 29 by Illinoisblue

Sunny days? It’s a little cloudy down here in the bottom reaches of Division 3

Any chance of meatballs?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 20:10 - Aug 29 with 1969 viewspointofblue

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 19:55 - Aug 29 by 3_5_2

I don’t think it’s Cook out but more of a case of fans expectations after years of dross being too high
With such a turnover of players.

I look at it like this, which new players would you not have in exchange for one (same position) we let go.

None for me although I’m yet to be convinced by Aluko

I'm starting to think Cornell for Hladky.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 20:52 - Aug 29 with 1884 viewsSwansea_Blue

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 20:10 - Aug 29 by pointofblue

I'm starting to think Cornell for Hladky.

Good grief no. Dai was nowhere near good enough, and I don’t say that easily as I remember him coming through the ranks down here. In principle Hladky should be more than good enough. He’s got a decent pedigree and was attracting a decent amount of attention just 15 months ago.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 20:56 - Aug 29 with 1869 viewsIllinoisblue

Can we please stop with the Cook Out stuff? on 20:09 - Aug 29 by You_Bloo_Right

Any chance of meatballs?

Just balls not defended, sadly.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024