Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle 08:53 - Aug 30 with 5674 viewsblueboyd

Without the capability of unlimited signings at his fingertips, it is a bit of an own-goal to have to replace the goalkeeper already because he is not really as good as we thought.
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 08:55 - Aug 30 with 3045 viewsITFCBlues

It's always been reported that we wanted to sign 2 keepers. Not sure why this is now coming as a surprise?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 08:57 - Aug 30 with 3020 viewsKieran_Knows

We have wanted Walton all summer. He’s been one of our top targets.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 08:58 - Aug 30 with 3003 viewsbobbyramsey

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 08:55 - Aug 30 by ITFCBlues

It's always been reported that we wanted to sign 2 keepers. Not sure why this is now coming as a surprise?

Because some people are looking for any angle to take a shot at Cook.
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 08:58 - Aug 30 with 3004 viewsOldboy

Probably had better protection at Salford. To change now is fine for us, but will destroy his confidence. We should loan him out for a season if anyone wants him. Holy is decent back up to Walton.
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 08:59 - Aug 30 with 2997 viewsblueboyd

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 08:55 - Aug 30 by ITFCBlues

a signing at the end of the transfer window is surely showing that it is more needs must because Hladky is not doing well than a long drawn out transfer saga.

I don't think Cook has given Holy a fair shout to be honest but then he is ex-ipswich oldboys so only a matter of time I guess..
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 08:59 - Aug 30 with 2978 viewsblueboyd

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 08:57 - Aug 30 by Kieran_Knows

We have wanted Walton all summer. He’s been one of our top targets.

have we? I have not seen it reported anywhere
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:01 - Aug 30 with 2941 viewsITFCBlues

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 08:59 - Aug 30 by blueboyd

a signing at the end of the transfer window is surely showing that it is more needs must because Hladky is not doing well than a long drawn out transfer saga.

I don't think Cook has given Holy a fair shout to be honest but then he is ex-ipswich oldboys so only a matter of time I guess..

Or it means that Walton wasn't available earlier in the window? It's already been reported that he was looking set to join a Championship side earlier in the window.

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:03 - Aug 30 with 2917 viewsblueboyd

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:01 - Aug 30 by ITFCBlues

Or it means that Walton wasn't available earlier in the window? It's already been reported that he was looking set to join a Championship side earlier in the window.

ignore that, wrong person...
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 9:04]
Login to get fewer ads

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:07 - Aug 30 with 2865 viewsDeano69

1/10

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:08 - Aug 30 with 2855 viewsGlasgowBlue

Or he’s having a hard time adjusting to a higher league and bigger crowds, so needs to be taken out of the firing line and developed.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:10 - Aug 30 with 2818 viewslazyblue

He is a must! We were told are prime targets were dependent on other clubs situation at beginning of summer .
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:12 - Aug 30 with 2801 viewsLightworker

Not it isn't, it's a necessity.

Whether we have made a mistake with Hlacky remains to be seen but right now we need a reliable presence between the sticks and that is exactly what Walton will be.
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:14 - Aug 30 with 2766 viewsblueboyd

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:12 - Aug 30 by Lightworker

Not it isn't, it's a necessity.

Whether we have made a mistake with Hlacky remains to be seen but right now we need a reliable presence between the sticks and that is exactly what Walton will be.

laughable that we are replacing players already this season as they ain't up to it though
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:14 - Aug 30 with 2771 viewsitfcjoe

I don’t like the approach personally, we’ve paid £300k for Hladky and are paying him £5k a week on a three year deal - is he now on the scrap heap?

I can’t wait for the window to end

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:15 - Aug 30 with 2751 viewsblueboyd

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:08 - Aug 30 by GlasgowBlue

Or he’s having a hard time adjusting to a higher league and bigger crowds, so needs to be taken out of the firing line and developed.

he was lauded after by many ITK ITFC fans.... now he is being replaced. Comedy.
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:18 - Aug 30 with 2693 viewsblueboyd

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:14 - Aug 30 by itfcjoe

I don’t like the approach personally, we’ve paid £300k for Hladky and are paying him £5k a week on a three year deal - is he now on the scrap heap?

I think it shows what we have become, whilst signing players is good for the club and was needed due to Cooks hatred of old-ipswich, signing more and more players now is going to leave a bunch of very unhappy players unable to play each week.

3 fully paid first team goalkeepers after one place, it is too Man City for my liking
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:18 - Aug 30 with 2681 viewstextbackup

He might have always been seen as our number 2, with Holy being third choice... and and number 1 still sort after?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:19 - Aug 30 with 2677 viewsITFCBlues

Hasn't it always been reported we wanted 2 keepers and wanted Walton all through the window?

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:20 - Aug 30 with 2662 viewsjayessess

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:15 - Aug 30 by blueboyd

It's not uncommon for goalkeepers to go through patches of bad form. It's perfectly possible that we did all we could to select a quality goalkeeper, did all the scouting and analysis and come match day he just fcked it. We don't have time for Hladky to get over his yips and a good goalkeeper came available. Good for us.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:22 - Aug 30 with 2638 viewsitfcjoe

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:15 - Aug 30 by blueboyd

He was the best keeper in L2 by far last season, most clean sheets and team of the year despite playing for a not very good team. Won all their player of the year awards - he needs persisting with

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:22 - Aug 30 with 2634 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It's all starting to feel a bit Paul Hurst.

Seem to recall him racking up the loans, and having a poor record with keepers. (Not to mention the amount of squad turnover).

Hopefully it will turn around soon.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:23 - Aug 30 with 2625 viewsbobbyramsey

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:14 - Aug 30 by blueboyd

laughable that we are replacing players already this season as they ain't up to it though

We have a problem, we fix it.

Do you have difficulty comprehending logic?
This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:23 - Aug 30 with 2624 viewsBelsteadCav

Jesus Christ

Are people saying the Ronaldo signing is farcical?

We can sign another 11 if we want to, it’s called a transfer window for a reason.

I bet the last few seasons you were moaning we weren’t signing anyone

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:24 - Aug 30 with 2601 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:18 - Aug 30 by textbackup

He might have always been seen as our number 2, with Holy being third choice... and and number 1 still sort after?

Not sure back up keepers usually get 5k per week in L1.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:25 - Aug 30 with 2594 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This signing another goalkeeper is a bit farcicle on 09:23 - Aug 30 by BelsteadCav

Jesus Christ

Are people saying the Ronaldo signing is farcical?

We can sign another 11 if we want to, it’s called a transfer window for a reason.

I bet the last few seasons you were moaning we weren’t signing anyone

We can't sign another 11.

There are restrictions in terms of the wage bill.

Also, Cook has stated over and over again that he likes to work with a tight squad.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024