Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We’re not just building a team 11:14 - Aug 30 with 2952 views_sanctimoanious_

but a squad! A proper squad not one with ‘filler’. Each player knows when they sign on the dotted line that they have to fight for a starting spot. Stop fretting and enjoy the ride ffs.
We’re not just building a team on 11:20 - Aug 30 with 2634 viewsfranz_tyson

Ok, but we don’t have a captain and a proper defensive midfielder that can control games yet. And we’ve got far too many players fighting for the front four places. Areas we’re over-loaded and area’s seemingly weak. I’m happy to enjoy the ride, but things aren’t adding up at the moment.
We’re not just building a team on 11:21 - Aug 30 with 2624 viewsGuthrum

The only issue with that being we have a limited squad size for this season, per EFL rules. No more than 20 (or 22, tho that might have been only last season) outfield players whose twentieth birthday was on or before 31st December 2020. So not very much space for short-term swapping or cover.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:25 - Aug 30 with 2604 views_sanctimoanious_

We’re not just building a team on 11:21 - Aug 30 by Guthrum

The only issue with that being we have a limited squad size for this season, per EFL rules. No more than 20 (or 22, tho that might have been only last season) outfield players whose twentieth birthday was on or before 31st December 2020. So not very much space for short-term swapping or cover.

But that’s not your concern. We have a highly capable management team who know the rules inside out and can do all the worrying for you. Not all signings will work out.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 11:30]
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:43 - Aug 30 with 2550 viewsGuthrum

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:25 - Aug 30 by _sanctimoanious_

But that’s not your concern. We have a highly capable management team who know the rules inside out and can do all the worrying for you. Not all signings will work out.

I'm aware of that. Just pointing out there is a fairly tight technical limit on loading up the squad with good players who can fight each other for spots in the matchday 16 (excluding goalie and spare). Swapping individuals in and out of the registered unit is a formal, written process requiring EFL approval in each case.

On your original point, also think that we have not yet forged that squad into a cohesive team, working smoothly and instinctively together. That's taking time, as one would expect, but we're dropping points while it progresses.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

We’re not just building a team on 12:05 - Aug 30 with 2496 viewsitfcjoe

It’s going to take some serious man management to keep this squad happy, let’s hope Cook is up to the task

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We’re not just building a team on 12:06 - Aug 30 with 2486 viewspointofblue

We’re not just building a team on 12:05 - Aug 30 by itfcjoe

It’s going to take some serious man management to keep this squad happy, let’s hope Cook is up to the task

It’s fine - half of them will be missing through injury every game so we’ll be able to keep them all happy.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

We’re not just building a team on 12:07 - Aug 30 with 2465 viewschrismakin

Good job, we have one of the best in the business at man management then

Sources.. ex players, coaches, managers, current players, coaches, managers

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

We’re not just building a team on 12:10 - Aug 30 with 2459 viewsitfcjoe

We’re not just building a team on 12:06 - Aug 30 by pointofblue

It’s fine - half of them will be missing through injury every game so we’ll be able to keep them all happy.

Ha - sadly that may be right!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

We’re not just building a team on 13:21 - Aug 30 with 2343 views_sanctimoanious_

If they can’t get in the side then they may become happy - then you move them on. Isn’t this how it works? Or do we sign 11 guaranteed starters and chuff as filler? Name me a successful club that doesn’t have serious competition for places. Man City have signed Grealish for 100m and subsequently benched Raheem Sterling.
We’re not just building a team on 13:23 - Aug 30 with 2326 viewspointofblue

We’re not just building a team on 13:21 - Aug 30 by _sanctimoanious_

If they can’t get in the side then they may become happy - then you move them on. Isn’t this how it works? Or do we sign 11 guaranteed starters and chuff as filler? Name me a successful club that doesn’t have serious competition for places. Man City have signed Grealish for 100m and subsequently benched Raheem Sterling.

As an aside, I have no idea why they spent so much on Grealish and, to date, haven't looked to sign an out and out striker.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:25 - Aug 30 with 2302 views44_not_out

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:25 - Aug 30 by _sanctimoanious_

It’s great that you say they know these things inside out….. I’d rather they start winning football matches.
We’re not just building a team on 13:35 - Aug 30 with 2260 viewsBluefish

Why can't the gaffer get a win from them then?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

We’re not just building a team on 13:39 - Aug 30 with 2238 viewschrismakin

What I don't get about the dooms on here today

Lets say they get their wish, and PC is gone next week

Are they excited about the squad that's been put together?

We've one from Sears and Judge, to Edwards and Bonne, Or Hawkins to Pigott
Coulsen from Ward.

Have a day off from what you think of PC and just appreciate the bloody squad that's been put together and the fact that ITFC have actually utilised a transfer window to it's potential, put together incredible deals, sold players for fee's which were unthinkable etc.

hearing bizarre stories on how it's not good to have a squad who want to play.. utter madness.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

We’re not just building a team on 13:41 - Aug 30 with 2234 viewsBluefish

We’re not just building a team on 13:39 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

What I don't get about the dooms on here today

Lets say they get their wish, and PC is gone next week

Are they excited about the squad that's been put together?

We've one from Sears and Judge, to Edwards and Bonne, Or Hawkins to Pigott
Coulsen from Ward.

Have a day off from what you think of PC and just appreciate the bloody squad that's been put together and the fact that ITFC have actually utilised a transfer window to it's potential, put together incredible deals, sold players for fee's which were unthinkable etc.

hearing bizarre stories on how it's not good to have a squad who want to play.. utter madness.

If the squad is so amazing why do we have 0 wins? The only explanation can be coaching and/or tactics?

We’re not just building a team on 13:42 - Aug 30 with 2224 viewsLeoMuff

We’re not just building a team on 12:06 - Aug 30 by pointofblue

They clearly seem to have a policy that even if you have the slightest niggle you rest, which will prevent them becoming long term. So yes we will need a quality squad.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

We’re not just building a team on 13:48 - Aug 30 with 2191 viewsstrikalite

We’re not just building a team on 13:42 - Aug 30 by LeoMuff

They clearly seem to have a policy that even if you have the slightest niggle you rest, which will prevent them becoming long term. So yes we will need a quality squad.

Yep, Chaplin - hamstring, Burns still has this Achilles problem...

It's a long long season, we need depth in every single area, even the players who aren't featuring right now will be wise enough to understand this..
We’re not just building a team on 13:48 - Aug 30 with 2191 viewsleitrimblue

We’re not just building a team on 13:35 - Aug 30 by Bluefish

Time Blubs, time. It's like waiting for Xmas, patience needed
We’re not just building a team on 13:49 - Aug 30 with 2174 viewschrismakin

We’re not just building a team on 13:41 - Aug 30 by Bluefish

If the squad is so amazing why do we have 0 wins? The only explanation can be coaching and/or tactics?

Our last 2 squads had been top ... after the opening period of the season
Edwards scored 5 goals........ Your favourite player wasn't he?

The explanation is a mixture of reasons tbh, one which i've repeated daily and bored off as the dooms don't have the patience for it... We're in pre season 2. We're not yet as a collective fit enough and lack of concentration has cost us with the goals we've conceded.

We’re not just building a team on 13:52 - Aug 30 with 2155 views44_not_out

We’re not just building a team on 13:49 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

The explanation is a mixture of reasons tbh, one which i've repeated daily and bored off as the dooms don't have the patience for it... We're in pre season 2. We're not yet as a collective fit enough and lack of concentration has cost us with the goals we've conceded.

“Pre-season 2”

Do you actually make this stuff up

Has the potential to be the worse sequel ever
We’re not just building a team on 13:58 - Aug 30 with 2118 viewsHerbivore

We’re not just building a team on 13:52 - Aug 30 by 44_not_out

“Pre-season 2”

Do you actually make this stuff up

Has the potential to be the worse sequel ever

Yes, he makes this stuff up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We’re not just building a team on 14:07 - Aug 30 with 2094 viewschrismakin

We’re not just building a team on 13:58 - Aug 30 by Herbivore

Yes, he makes this stuff up.

what like you only expecting a team to have 11 players who want to start a game...... and 11 not fussed if they do or not

We’re not just building a team on 14:15 - Aug 30 with 2078 viewsBluefish

We’re not just building a team on 13:49 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

You literally just put positive spin on anything without context or thought it is utter nonsense.

We have 0 wins and you can't question anything at all

We’re not just building a team on 14:23 - Aug 30 with 2041 viewschrismakin

We’re not just building a team on 14:15 - Aug 30 by Bluefish

You literally just put positive spin on anything without context or thought it is utter nonsense.

We have 0 wins and you can't question anything at all

I think i've been faily balanced

Regarding PC
I questionned the use of Fraser out wide
I questionned the subbing of Pigott before the Collapse at Cheltenham
I questionned the game management in that fixture too
I questionned if we signed individuals that aren't suited to PC's 4 2 3 1

Regarding the club
I questionned the re-signing at the time of Drinan, Jackson and others
I'e questionned the fonts used by the owners on the stand
I've questionned the website
I've questionned the ticket situation

So being honest i've thrown in my fair of thoughts on things. Positive and Negative.

We’re not just building a team on 14:26 - Aug 30 with 2029 viewslowhouseblue

excellent. it would still be nice to win a game though.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

We’re not just building a team on 14:55 - Aug 30 with 1949 views_sanctimoanious_

We’re not just building a team on 13:35 - Aug 30 by Bluefish

Obviously it’s toss that we’ve yet to win but having a storming start, winning the first ten and top at Christmas doesn’t mean anything either. Who knows if things will turn out well, i just think you’re being too quick to get the knives out and forcing the Cook is an idiot too readily.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024