Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Injury list/treatment room 12:25 - Aug 30 with 1048 viewsRyorry

Would it be poss for someone to give our current state of non-play(ers) please? (Phil, how about a sub-section of the site, eg "Treatment Room" specifically for this? I know you don't really have enough to do, so could keep it updated .. ).

I gathered both Burns & Coulson were subbed for injuries on Sat (?) - does anyone know what those were, if that's correct? Minor knocks or more serious?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Injury list/treatment room on 12:27 - Aug 30 with 1039 viewsPhilTWTD

We don't always know about the injuries as Cook keeps it to himself. However, he said a week or so ago that everyone was expected to be fit this week.

If you read his post-match comments he talks about Burns's achilles issue. Coulson just ran out of steam, same with KVY I think.
Injury list/treatment room on 12:27 - Aug 30 with 1035 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Would be useful, but Cook refuses to confirm injuries. No one knows how far off Nolan is, what the injury to Edmundson is and a host of other things.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Injury list/treatment room on 12:44 - Aug 30 with 980 viewsRyorry

Injury list/treatment room on 12:27 - Aug 30 by PhilTWTD

We don't always know about the injuries as Cook keeps it to himself. However, he said a week or so ago that everyone was expected to be fit this week.

If you read his post-match comments he talks about Burns's achilles issue. Coulson just ran out of steam, same with KVY I think.

Ah, thanks (Chelts too) 👍

Injury list/treatment room on 12:46 - Aug 30 with 972 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Injury list/treatment room on 12:27 - Aug 30 by PhilTWTD

Phil,

Regarding Cooks comments on Burns achilles, did you read it the same way as me?
That, "It really needs surgery"

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Injury list/treatment room on 12:48 - Aug 30 with 966 viewsPhilTWTD

Injury list/treatment room on 12:46 - Aug 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

Phil,

Regarding Cooks comments on Burns achilles, did you read it the same way as me?
That, "It really needs surgery"

No, I think it probably needs a rest, but achilleses aren't that easy to rest.
Injury list/treatment room on 12:50 - Aug 30 with 955 viewsRyorry

Injury list/treatment room on 12:48 - Aug 30 by PhilTWTD

No, I think it probably needs a rest, but achilleses aren't that easy to rest.

Friend of mine did his many years ago, needed weeks in a plaster cast (but iirc he had surgery).

Injury list/treatment room on 13:10 - Aug 30 with 927 viewsPhilTWTD

Injury list/treatment room on 12:50 - Aug 30 by Ryorry

Friend of mine did his many years ago, needed weeks in a plaster cast (but iirc he had surgery).

Sounds like a rupture, which is really painful I believe.
Agree it’s crazy negativity - Burns is carrying a knock on 13:23 - Aug 30 with 883 viewsunstableblue

To your question Burns is carrying a knock has missed games. He seemed to tire go lame after his excellent goal and visibly hampered physically.

As for these signings. We need competition or at least good cover across all positions.

Clear from Saturday that was not the case in the keeper department that is now fixed. Expect Holy to ship out, who is I’m afraid is not good enough.

We have good cover at full backs. Also centre backs once Wolf moves to bench and Toto returns.

Would agree we are short of a defensive midfielder to challenge Evans, Carrol and Harper.

As for attacking midfield …. We have Chaplin, Burns and Fraser who have knocks, Barry looks exciting but green, Dobra I love but there remains little end product, Aluko feels like a cook mistake, edwards excellent but should typically be subbed at 70mins.

Piggot or Bonne can drop into 10, but we got lite when bonne injured. Norwood also injured.

So we have 6ish competing for 4 places, feels like room for Celina if fit and in form?!

Having said all of the above I don’t really understand the loan position.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Login to get fewer ads

Agree it’s crazy negativity - Burns is carrying a knock on 13:39 - Aug 30 with 841 viewshoppy

Agree it’s crazy negativity - Burns is carrying a knock on 13:23 - Aug 30 by unstableblue

To your question Burns is carrying a knock has missed games. He seemed to tire go lame after his excellent goal and visibly hampered physically.

As for these signings. We need competition or at least good cover across all positions.

Clear from Saturday that was not the case in the keeper department that is now fixed. Expect Holy to ship out, who is I’m afraid is not good enough.

We have good cover at full backs. Also centre backs once Wolf moves to bench and Toto returns.

Would agree we are short of a defensive midfielder to challenge Evans, Carrol and Harper.

As for attacking midfield …. We have Chaplin, Burns and Fraser who have knocks, Barry looks exciting but green, Dobra I love but there remains little end product, Aluko feels like a cook mistake, edwards excellent but should typically be subbed at 70mins.

Piggot or Bonne can drop into 10, but we got lite when bonne injured. Norwood also injured.

So we have 6ish competing for 4 places, feels like room for Celina if fit and in form?!

The loan position is when you borrow someone else’s player, usually on a season long basis, and pay a proportion of their wages.

Hope that helps.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Agree it’s crazy negativity - Burns is carrying a knock on 16:40 - Aug 30 with 683 viewsRyorry

Agree it’s crazy negativity - Burns is carrying a knock on 13:23 - Aug 30 by unstableblue

Cheers for the info 👍

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024