Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook 12:29 - Aug 30 with 4047 viewsBluefish

The signings feel bizarre, they would feel bizarre before a ball is kicked but 5 games in and watching our failings it becomes even worse. He is chucking sh*t and it isn't even at the right wall

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 12:35 - Aug 30 with 2950 viewschicoazul

Sort of with you on this Blubbers but surely if you can get Celina you get Celina right? He’s top drawer and a big upgrade on Burns and Aluko for eg

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 12:37 - Aug 30 with 2916 viewsHerbivore

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 12:35 - Aug 30 by chicoazul

Sort of with you on this Blubbers but surely if you can get Celina you get Celina right? He’s top drawer and a big upgrade on Burns and Aluko for eg

He missed a big chuck of preseason with 'rona related issues though. Given Cook has been quite vocal about fitness issues in the squad and the impact those are having it's a bit of an odd signing to make.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 12:37 - Aug 30 with 2910 viewsBluefish

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 12:35 - Aug 30 by chicoazul

Not sure what basis you have him as top drawer. I haven't watched him over the last couple of seasons but based on what we saw here I saw a selfish show pony that put himself before the team. Not sure that is what our side needs right now. At very best he would be patchy which flashes of class or potential, definitely wouldn't be top drawer

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 12:46 - Aug 30 with 2830 viewschicoazul

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 12:37 - Aug 30 by Herbivore

He missed a big chuck of preseason with 'rona related issues though. Given Cook has been quite vocal about fitness issues in the squad and the impact those are having it's a bit of an odd signing to make.

True. I guess they think they will use the next two weeks off to get him up to speed.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 12:46 - Aug 30 with 2815 viewschrismakin

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 12:46 - Aug 30 by chicoazul

True. I guess they think they will use the next two weeks off to get him up to speed.

Celina wont be involved until after xmas. it's a proactive loan to get in before others, to have him involved for the business end of the season.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 12:47 - Aug 30 with 2810 viewschicoazul

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 12:37 - Aug 30 by Bluefish

Not sure what basis you have him as top drawer. I haven't watched him over the last couple of seasons but based on what we saw here I saw a selfish show pony that put himself before the team. Not sure that is what our side needs right now. At very best he would be patchy which flashes of class or potential, definitely wouldn't be top drawer

He got what was it 8 goals for us in the league above. I mean top drawer for this league of course, not the Champions League.

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 12:51 - Aug 30 with 2780 viewsBluefish

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 12:47 - Aug 30 by chicoazul

He got what was it 8 goals for us in the league above. I mean top drawer for this league of course, not the Champions League.

According to wiki he got 7....he then managed 7 for Swansea in over twice as many games and it also says he has 0 for dijon in 32 and 2 for Kosovan in 29

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 12:52 - Aug 30 with 2769 viewsBluefish

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 12:46 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

Celina wont be involved until after xmas. it's a proactive loan to get in before others, to have him involved for the business end of the season.

Do you realise how ridiculous that sounds?

Login to get fewer ads

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 12:55 - Aug 30 with 2738 viewschrismakin

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 12:52 - Aug 30 by Bluefish

Do you realise how ridiculous that sounds?

What the opportunity to sign a player in jan now... not ridiculous in the slightest, really proctive by the club

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 12:57 - Aug 30 with 2713 viewschicoazul

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 12:46 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

Nah. You don’t sign a player on loan and not intend to play him for the first 3 months of the season. He’ll be involved immediately.

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 12:57 - Aug 30 with 2717 viewsBluefish

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 12:55 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

What the opportunity to sign a player in jan now... not ridiculous in the slightest, really proctive by the club

Mental! It is a loan ffs

Why would you loan a player that you can't use? He takes up a squad place and you pay his salary and manage his rehab. If he is out for months there is no guarantee of set backs. He is either not out until then or it is ridiculous, your determination to back everything Cook or the club do is weird

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 12:58 - Aug 30 with 2699 viewschrismakin

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 12:57 - Aug 30 by chicoazul

Nah. You don’t sign a player on loan and not intend to play him for the first 3 months of the season. He’ll be involved immediately.

He won't because he can't

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 12:58 - Aug 30 with 2690 views44_not_out

Really?

I think Cook needs to be more focused on the next game.

If he doesn’t start winning soon, he won’t make Xmas.

I forgot there are those happy with ‘better football’ and building to give it a go in 2022/23 season
If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 12:59 - Aug 30 with 2670 viewschrismakin

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 12:57 - Aug 30 by Bluefish

Mental! It is a loan ffs

Why would you loan a player that you can't use? He takes up a squad place and you pay his salary and manage his rehab. If he is out for months there is no guarantee of set backs. He is either not out until then or it is ridiculous, your determination to back everything Cook or the club do is weird

Your determination to question everything is weird no?

see how that works

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 13:00 - Aug 30 with 2661 viewschicoazul

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 12:58 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

He won't because he can't

We’re going to find out quickly. It’s insane to think you get someone on loan with a view to not playing them immediately. Who knows, maybe Cook and Ashton are just that stupid though.

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 13:02 - Aug 30 with 2640 viewsBluefish

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 12:59 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

Your determination to question everything is weird no?

see how that works

Not really no. My comments are justified and connect to the reality. You try and spin signing players that won't play and losing games. It is the equivalent of when my missus says oh well it doesn't matter when we lose a big game

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 13:04 - Aug 30 with 2620 viewsBluefish

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 13:00 - Aug 30 by chicoazul

We’re going to find out quickly. It’s insane to think you get someone on loan with a view to not playing them immediately. Who knows, maybe Cook and Ashton are just that stupid though.

I think only 1 person is stupid enough to suggest it let alone actually do it

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 13:04 - Aug 30 with 2610 viewschrismakin

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 13:02 - Aug 30 by Bluefish

Not really no. My comments are justified and connect to the reality. You try and spin signing players that won't play and losing games. It is the equivalent of when my missus says oh well it doesn't matter when we lose a big game

justified to you BF.

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 13:09 - Aug 30 with 2556 viewschrismakin

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 13:00 - Aug 30 by chicoazul

Depends how true this is.

On August 2, Kosovan journalist Arlind Sadiku wrote: "Bersant Celina has an infection (pericarditis) and needs to rest for three months. He is receiving treatment at home, and will return to the club in a month.

So he'd need a pre season after that.. etc Xmas time.

perhaps it's a loan confirmation from Jan instead................. don't know what you can and can't do in that retrospect.

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 13:12 - Aug 30 with 2528 viewsPinewoodblue

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 13:09 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

On August 2, Kosovan journalist Arlind Sadiku wrote: "Bersant Celina has an infection (pericarditis) and needs to rest for three months. He is receiving treatment at home, and will return to the club in a month.

perhaps it's a loan confirmation from Jan instead................. don't know what you can and can't do in that retrospect.

https://cceit.com/old-fc-twente-famous-celina-out-of-pericarditis-running-for-mo

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 16:34 - Aug 30 with 2212 viewsEsseeja

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 13:09 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

He was given the all clear to train again, it wouldn't be a bad idea to start January business immediately.
If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 16:39 - Aug 30 with 2186 views_sanctimoanious_

Celina and Walton were targets from day one. Top of the list. You don’t always sign players in the order you want. I understand you have a passive aggressive troll reputation to uphold but you seem too desperate to disparage Cook and the new Ipswich regime. Disappointing imo.
If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 16:46 - Aug 30 with 2145 viewsSomethingBlue

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 12:37 - Aug 30 by Herbivore

Only if you intend to pump him for 90 minutes twice a week immediately.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 16:47 - Aug 30 with 2142 viewsBluefish

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 16:39 - Aug 30 by _sanctimoanious_

Celina and Walton were targets from day one. Top of the list. You don’t always sign players in the order you want. I understand you have a passive aggressive troll reputation to uphold but you seem too desperate to disparage Cook and the new Ipswich regime. Disappointing imo.

You have no clue who the top targets were and if they were the top targets then why sign the others?

Build a squad strategically and stop chucking sh*t at walls

What have you seen of celina in the past few seasons?

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 16:48 - Aug 30 with 2137 viewsSomethingBlue

If we sign Celina I am even more worried about Cook on 16:39 - Aug 30 by _sanctimoanious_

First three sentences are the key here.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024