Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loanee lunacy? 16:05 - Aug 30 with 3653 viewsAlberto_the_frog

Is anyone else concerned by the number of loans? Potentially up to the max 5 that can be named in a match day squad IF Celina comes? Where do we go in Jan if we get a couple of major injuries?
Loanee lunacy? on 16:11 - Aug 30 with 2547 viewsJ2BLUE

You don't turn down quality signings for half a season because you may need someone in January.

If we need cover we will have to pay for it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Loanee lunacy? on 16:12 - Aug 30 with 2536 viewsJimmyJazz

No

If we really need a loan in January I would imagine Barry will go back, or if not possible not get much of a look in.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Loanee lunacy? on 16:17 - Aug 30 with 2492 viewsjas0999

5 is to many in my opinion. Cook himself has said it’s madness to have too many loans. Two or three loans is okay.
Loanee lunacy? on 16:23 - Aug 30 with 2440 viewsHARRY10

Nope, not if they do the job

No long term commitment, or possible burden (Jackson) either
Loanee lunacy? on 16:36 - Aug 30 with 2379 views_sanctimoanious_

Anymore that what is allowed in a match day squad is hard to justify.
Loanee lunacy? on 16:42 - Aug 30 with 2347 viewsHerbivore

If it's a manager we don't rate then yes, 5 loans is too many. If it's a manager we're desperate to venerate then absolutely not, it's entirely sensible to have half a first team not contracted to us.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Loanee lunacy? on 16:44 - Aug 30 with 2322 views_sanctimoanious_

Loanee lunacy? on 16:42 - Aug 30 by Herbivore

If it's a manager we don't rate then yes, 5 loans is too many. If it's a manager we're desperate to venerate then absolutely not, it's entirely sensible to have half a first team not contracted to us.

What if a few of them have a view to turn perm at the end of the loans?
Loanee lunacy? on 16:45 - Aug 30 with 2314 viewsKeaneish

This squad should be able to cope with a couple of major injuries, I’d like to think that’s the idea behind the recruitment strategy - future proofing the inevitable come mid winter with minimum disruption.

Regarding loans, the only be I’d question would be Barrie; we seem a fraction heavy in that department but what a great problem to have.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 17:33]

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

Loanee lunacy? on 16:49 - Aug 30 with 2288 viewsHerbivore

Loanee lunacy? on 16:44 - Aug 30 by _sanctimoanious_

What if a few of them have a view to turn perm at the end of the loans?

So far that's not been stated as being the case with any of them.

Loanee lunacy? on 16:51 - Aug 30 with 2276 viewspositivity

Loanee lunacy? on 16:42 - Aug 30 by Herbivore

if it's a manager you're desperate to criticise (and get rid of?), then surely loans are better than long-term deals?

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Loanee lunacy? on 16:51 - Aug 30 with 2276 views_sanctimoanious_

Loanee lunacy? on 16:49 - Aug 30 by Herbivore

So far that's not been stated as being the case with any of them.

true but has been suggested it may the case with Walton, Bonne and Celine SHOULD we get promoted. Just making the argument.
Loanee lunacy? on 16:52 - Aug 30 with 2268 viewsHerbivore

Loanee lunacy? on 16:51 - Aug 30 by _sanctimoanious_

true but has been suggested it may the case with Walton, Bonne and Celine SHOULD we get promoted. Just making the argument.

Walton is out of contract, so it's possible. Coulson and Celina it's purely hypothetical.

Loanee lunacy? on 16:53 - Aug 30 with 2264 viewsHerbivore

Loanee lunacy? on 16:51 - Aug 30 by positivity

if it's a manager you're desperate to criticise (and get rid of?), then surely loans are better than long-term deals?

If the board are that desperate to criticise and get rid of him they probably shouldn't be backing him to make signings at all, no point throwing good money after bad. For now I think they're willing to give him a chance and hopefully it'll come good.

Loanee lunacy? on 16:58 - Aug 30 with 2232 viewspositivity

Loanee lunacy? on 16:53 - Aug 30 by Herbivore

If the board are that desperate to criticise and get rid of him they probably shouldn't be backing him to make signings at all, no point throwing good money after bad. For now I think they're willing to give him a chance and hopefully it'll come good.

it's not the board who are desperate to criticise, just some fans.

odd that some of these fans who don't trust cook's judgement, are criticising short-term deals which can easily be reversed with any new manager.

Loanee lunacy? on 16:58 - Aug 30 with 2229 viewschrismakin

Loanee lunacy? on 16:52 - Aug 30 by Herbivore

Walton is out of contract, so it's possible. Coulson and Celina it's purely hypothetical.

They're all Hypothetical

The difference being though is there is potential

compared to signing 6 loans for no reason other than to boost a squad of 10000

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Loanee lunacy? on 17:13 - Aug 30 with 2170 viewsleftback

The problem with loanees is motivation, that’s where we have a trump card with Bonne because he is the most motivated player at the club! So with the exception of him and a goalie 3 outfield loanees is fine
Loanee lunacy? on 17:22 - Aug 30 with 2126 viewsHARRY10

Loanee lunacy? on 17:13 - Aug 30 by leftback

The problem with loanees is motivation, that’s where we have a trump card with Bonne because he is the most motivated player at the club! So with the exception of him and a goalie 3 outfield loanees is fine

eh ?

It is either the case of a young loanee playing to get experience, or a more senior player looking to put himself in the 'shop window'.

I cannot say most of our incoming loans have lacked motivation. It is those on a permanent contract who have all too often been the problem.
Loanee lunacy? on 17:28 - Aug 30 with 2094 viewsHerbivore

Loanee lunacy? on 16:58 - Aug 30 by positivity

it's not the board who are desperate to criticise, just some fans.

odd that some of these fans who don't trust cook's judgement, are criticising short-term deals which can easily be reversed with any new manager.

It's more that Cook was very critical of the number of loan players when he came in and now we're on the verge of having five loanees. It seems a bit odd given what he professed he wanted to build.

Loanee lunacy? on 17:30 - Aug 30 with 2082 viewschrismakin

Loanee lunacy? on 17:28 - Aug 30 by Herbivore

It's more that Cook was very critical of the number of loan players when he came in and now we're on the verge of having five loanees. It seems a bit odd given what he professed he wanted to build.

The loans he didn't like was having 6 in an already over inflated squad that were as individuals worse than those already in the squad.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Loanee lunacy? on 17:31 - Aug 30 with 2076 viewsHerbivore

Loanee lunacy? on 17:30 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

The loans he didn't like was having 6 in an already over inflated squad that were as individuals worse than those already in the squad.

Spin it how you like, mate.

Loanee lunacy? on 17:33 - Aug 30 with 2064 viewschrismakin

Loanee lunacy? on 17:31 - Aug 30 by Herbivore

Spin it how you like, mate.

How is it a spin, it's what he said lol

Loanee lunacy? on 17:41 - Aug 30 with 2014 viewsFPL_Tractor

The only one that worries me is Barry as I don’t see him playing and I don’t see him joining us permanently. The others I could see signing permanently and will play.

What I would hope is we have less need for these types of deal once we have our proper recruitment team in place and time to plan.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Loanee lunacy? on 17:47 - Aug 30 with 1978 viewspositivity

Loanee lunacy? on 17:41 - Aug 30 by FPL_Tractor

The only one that worries me is Barry as I don’t see him playing and I don’t see him joining us permanently. The others I could see signing permanently and will play.

What I would hope is we have less need for these types of deal once we have our proper recruitment team in place and time to plan.

i don't see coulson signing permanently, but he's probably a class above what we could get on a perm.

barry's an odd one, we might be overpaying on him, but could be a useful sub to unlock a defence. one thing in his favour is that he won't count towards the squad size due to his age

Loanee lunacy? on 18:20 - Aug 30 with 1886 viewsGarv

Loanee lunacy? on 17:41 - Aug 30 by FPL_Tractor

I hope I'm proved wrong but I can see Barry being swallowed up in this league.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Loanee lunacy? on 18:21 - Aug 30 with 1870 viewschrismakin

Loanee lunacy? on 18:20 - Aug 30 by Garv

I hope I'm proved wrong but I can see Barry being swallowed up in this league.

Hes just a kid isnt he. I dont see anything more in him than our own tbh. Not yet anyway.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024