Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) 17:56 - Aug 30 with 3928 viewsPaddy39

Poll: Should we retire our No.9 shirt for one season after losing Paul Mariner RIP?

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 17:59 - Aug 30 with 3227 views_sanctimoanious_

It's too good - I'm not happy.
THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:16 - Aug 30 with 3072 viewsCokeIsKey

Frighteningly low in the table.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:22 - Aug 30 with 3037 viewstimothyeo

Frighteningly concerning Cook has got nothing out of a very talented group of players for this division.
THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:26 - Aug 30 with 2991 viewsGarv

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:22 - Aug 30 by timothyeo

Frighteningly concerning Cook has got nothing out of a very talented group of players for this division.

Yeah, I can't believe we've lost every game and scored no goals.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:32 - Aug 30 with 2946 viewschrismakin

Stage is set for next season if we manage to get up

Scott Dann just signed for Reading..........1 year deal.......... just waiting for us to get up ;)

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:33 - Aug 30 with 2936 viewstimothyeo

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:26 - Aug 30 by Garv

Oh, so he is getting a good amount out of this squad?

Where on earth would we be in the table if he wasn't?
THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:37 - Aug 30 with 2877 viewschrismakin

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:33 - Aug 30 by timothyeo

Oh, so he is getting a good amount out of this squad?

Where on earth would we be in the table if he wasn't?

Well considering there are sides below us, below them?

btw Tim, wasn't you one who said you wanted Appleton? why when lincoln are just 1 point ahead of us.........

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:41 - Aug 30 with 2843 viewsCokeIsKey

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:37 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

btw Tim, wasn't you one who said you wanted Appleton? why when lincoln are just 1 point ahead of us.........

Probably because Lincoln only have 14 fit outfield players and haven’t been able to spend anything in the transfer window, unlike us.

Login to get fewer ads

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:44 - Aug 30 with 2799 viewschrismakin

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:41 - Aug 30 by CokeIsKey

Probably because Lincoln only have 14 fit outfield players and haven’t been able to spend anything in the transfer window, unlike us.

Woah there, hang on. it's a results business is it not? how can circumstance come into it.. You can't just pick and choose when circumstances play a part in a managers success or lack of? he's either good enough or he's not surely......
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 18:45]

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:47 - Aug 30 with 2756 viewsBlueBadger

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:26 - Aug 30 by Garv

Plus, the performances have Improved.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:50 - Aug 30 with 2716 viewstimothyeo

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:37 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

I think if Appleton had the squad Cook does he would have done massively better, since as your own admission he's delivered better with barely any fit players and a much weaker team...
THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:53 - Aug 30 with 2679 viewschrismakin

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:50 - Aug 30 by timothyeo

I think if Appleton had the squad Cook does he would have done massively better, since as your own admission he's delivered better with barely any fit players and a much weaker team...

quite an assumption. Thought past successes aren't a way of measuring someones future. someone said that once.......

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:56 - Aug 30 with 2648 viewsCokeIsKey

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:44 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

Woah there, hang on. it's a results business is it not? how can circumstance come into it.. You can't just pick and choose when circumstances play a part in a managers success or lack of? he's either good enough or he's not surely......
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 18:45]

I don’t, it’s just that having very few fit players is a completely different circumstance to having loads of new signings which haven’t had much time to form partnerships and find a way of playing together.

The first one Appleton has no control over, but the second one is Cook’s responsibility to fix on the training ground and in matches, which so far he has failed to do.

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:58 - Aug 30 with 2615 viewstimothyeo

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:53 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

quite an assumption. Thought past successes aren't a way of measuring someones future. someone said that once.......

I dont even need to look at the past. I can look at Appleton right now this season with a much worse team, still managing to outperform Cook.

Then again 20 managers in this league are managing that right now.
THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:58 - Aug 30 with 2609 viewschrismakin

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:56 - Aug 30 by CokeIsKey

I don’t, it’s just that having very few fit players is a completely different circumstance to having loads of new signings which haven’t had much time to form partnerships and find a way of playing together.

The first one Appleton has no control over, but the second one is Cook’s responsibility to fix on the training ground and in matches, which so far he has failed to do.

interesting take tbh, we've also got unfit players. why doesn't that count? genuine question

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 19:01 - Aug 30 with 2571 viewschrismakin

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:58 - Aug 30 by timothyeo

I dont even need to look at the past. I can look at Appleton right now this season with a much worse team, still managing to outperform Cook.

Then again 20 managers in this league are managing that right now.

interesting

1 more point
scored 4 less goals
-3 GD

im all for having 'ideal managerial targets' but one who's side are 1 point above is a bit odd.

How is managing a much worse team? we're 1 point below them, so he must be managing a better team no?

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 19:13 - Aug 30 with 2473 viewsLeoMuff

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:22 - Aug 30 by timothyeo

We are 5 league games in, we should be judging him over a far biggest sample than that.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 19:16 - Aug 30 with 2436 viewsBlue_Moses

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 18:47 - Aug 30 by BlueBadger

Plus, the performances have Improved.

Set the bar high with that one after last seaon
THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 19:17 - Aug 30 with 2435 viewsJDB23

My Cooky senses are tingling.

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 19:23 - Aug 30 with 2370 viewstimothyeo

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 19:01 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

interesting

1 more point
scored 4 less goals
-3 GD

im all for having 'ideal managerial targets' but one who's side are 1 point above is a bit odd.

How is managing a much worse team? we're 1 point below them, so he must be managing a better team no?

You do know managers are capable of getting more out of a squad than other managers? If it was purely down to quality of side = position in league there would be no need for different managers, would there?

You're not this simple, stop pretending to be.
THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 20:07 - Aug 30 with 2161 viewschrismakin

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 19:23 - Aug 30 by timothyeo

You do know managers are capable of getting more out of a squad than other managers? If it was purely down to quality of side = position in league there would be no need for different managers, would there?

You're not this simple, stop pretending to be.

But hes taken his side from high end of table to 1 point off relegation.. that's a big drop in managerial performance is it not.

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 20:27 - Aug 30 with 2068 viewstimothyeo

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 20:07 - Aug 30 by chrismakin

But hes taken his side from high end of table to 1 point off relegation.. that's a big drop in managerial performance is it not.

You told me to ignore the past a post ago, make up your mind.

Still, Cook took a team just outside the playoffs last season, completely messed up that chance, blamed it on the players and chucked them all out, been given the highest budget in the league to put together a team perfect for him and has us in the relegation zone.

So yeah, still Appleton.
THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 20:30 - Aug 30 with 2041 viewsBlueBadger

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 19:13 - Aug 30 by LeoMuff

We are 5 league games in, we should be judging him over a far biggest sample than that.

It's a tricky call, because his record here in twenty-off games is pretty terrible.

Albeit with the massive caveat of 'he's completely rebuilt the team and most of that utter rubbish happened last season'.

That said, the longer this winless run continues, the more it starts to look like it wasn't the players last season who were solely to blame for his terrible results, thus far.

At this point in the the season it's a little daft to be calling for his head, but entirely reasonable to be unhappy and concerned about some pretty poor results against some teams not expected to be troubling the upper echelons of the division come spring time.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2021 23:58]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 20:31 - Aug 30 with 2023 viewschrismakin

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 20:27 - Aug 30 by timothyeo

Still, Cook took a team just outside the playoffs last season, completely messed up that chance, blamed it on the players and chucked them all out, been given the highest budget in the league to put together a team perfect for him and has us in the relegation zone.

So yeah, still Appleton.

Im just looking to understand your logic on Appleton.

If you were a Lincoln fan would you not expect more than 1 point off relegation? More goals scored etc?

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 20:34 - Aug 30 with 2010 viewsMach_foreignBlue

THE SQUAD - Frightening (n/t) on 20:27 - Aug 30 by timothyeo

So yeah, still Appleton.

'Still, Cook took a team just outside the playoffs last season, completely messed up that chance, blamed it on the players'

Yeah those ones didn't want to work with Hurst, Lambert and Cook. Three managers but the players were fine, eh?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024