Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions 10:43 - Aug 31 with 1293 viewsgordon

Aluko, Burns, Celina, Fraser, Chaplin, Norwood, Pigott, Bonne, Barry, Edwards.

Have discounted Jackson, hopefully he will move on today, but it still seems a bit crowded for those positions! Would be a maximum of 4 of these on the bench each week (you'd think) so that's two not included (if everyone's fit). Hopefully that's Aluko and Barry - Certainly lots of options!

My guess is that the best four will turn out to be Celina, Chaplin and Burns behind Bonne, for what it's worth.
Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 10:44 - Aug 31 with 1270 viewsKieran_Knows

Burns Celina Edwards
Bonne

Poll: Have you entered the ballot for upcoming games?

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 10:50 - Aug 31 with 1234 viewsDarth_Koont

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 10:44 - Aug 31 by Kieran_Knows

Burns Celina Edwards
Bonne

You might be right with that. Pretty much 4 players each of whom the opposition would be tempted to double up on.

I think Fraser is still a key player though. Yes, he can tend to fade in and out of games sometimes but he looks fantastically composed and dangerous in and around the box which has been something we’ve lacked for a long while.

Pronouns: He/Him

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 11:03 - Aug 31 with 1188 viewsParsley

"if everyone's fit" is the key bit. We can still have strong options on the bench even with a couple of injuries, which is probably likely and a great position to be in.

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 11:08 - Aug 31 with 1164 viewsBloomBlue

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 10:44 - Aug 31 by Kieran_Knows

Burns Celina Edwards
Bonne

That looks good but I think Cook wants Chaplin in there, someone who can contribute to the attack but also not afraid to put is foot into a tackle when an attack breaks down, don't forget it was Cook who described Chaplin as 'probably the best finisher I ever worked with.'

Celina Chaplin Edwards
Bonne
Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 11:12 - Aug 31 with 1145 viewschicoazul

Burns Celina Edwards
Bonne

I’d bring Chaplin in for Burns but I agree.
Mad to think the likes of Pig Fraser and Burns may struggle to get more than a couple dozen games this year.

Edited out by TWTD admin despite me having it for months without anyone crying about it
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 11:14 - Aug 31 with 1130 viewsWD19

Right now, Edwards and Burns are in my side, behind Bonne.

Which leaves Aluko, Celina, Fraser, Chaplin, Norwood, Pigott, Barry and Jackson playing for one spot..... and subs.

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 11:14 - Aug 31 with 1130 viewsKieran_Knows

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 11:12 - Aug 31 by chicoazul

Mad to think the likes of Pig Fraser and Burns may struggle to get more than a couple dozen games this year.

To be honest, I completely forgot about Chalin - that's how mad our squad is.

But on that basis, then definitely;

Chaplin Celina Edwards
Bonne

Our back up front 4 is the 2nd best in the league ffs;

Burns Fraser Barry
Pigott

Poll: Have you entered the ballot for upcoming games?

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 11:16 - Aug 31 with 1104 viewsgordon

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 11:08 - Aug 31 by BloomBlue

That looks good but I think Cook wants Chaplin in there, someone who can contribute to the attack but also not afraid to put is foot into a tackle when an attack breaks down, don't forget it was Cook who described Chaplin as 'probably the best finisher I ever worked with.'

Celina Chaplin Edwards
Bonne

Yes, for me Chaplin has the best pedigree out of all of them.
Login to get fewer ads

4 out of 6 more like on 11:16 - Aug 31 with 1103 viewsunstableblue

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 11:03 - Aug 31 by Parsley

"if everyone's fit" is the key bit. We can still have strong options on the bench even with a couple of injuries, which is probably likely and a great position to be in.

Exactly… burns basically dropped out of the game after his goal with what seems a long term problem, Norwood and bonne also out’ as is Chaplin.

So in effect it was 4 out of 6… and the 2 were unproven Barry and cr@p Aluko - i don’t count Jackson!!

So Celina has merit.. and I don’t get the negativity… he’s our marquee signing

Poll: How do you feel about Ipswich Town’s chances of promotion next season?

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 11:16 - Aug 31 with 1093 viewssuffolkpoker

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 11:14 - Aug 31 by Kieran_Knows

Chaplin Celina Edwards
Bonne

Burns Fraser Barry
Pigott

only Barry looks like a down grade to me... Saying that i havnt seen to mcuh of him yet.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 11:17 - Aug 31 with 1089 viewsgordon

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 11:12 - Aug 31 by chicoazul

Think Fraser might not be seen that much now, but I reckon Burns will still end up starting most games.
Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 11:20 - Aug 31 with 1066 viewschicoazul

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 11:17 - Aug 31 by gordon

Think Fraser might not be seen that much now, but I reckon Burns will still end up starting most games.

You may be right but his numbers historically don’t scream he’s essential, especially ahead of Chaplin. Maybe he’ll end up at RB or even midfield. Seems to have a lot of energy and power.

Edited out by TWTD admin despite me having it for months without anyone crying about it
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 11:23 - Aug 31 with 1049 viewsJammyDodgerrr

It's a weird one because we have some quality players so would assume we will see a fair amount of rotation especially out wide.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 11:27 - Aug 31 with 1025 viewsGarv

I can definitely see Chaplin being in there. Burns will probably offer enough energy and pace to keep his place most weeks but on creativity/talent alone he may struggle.

Poll: If you were offered L1 promotion as champions in 2022/23 now, would you take it?

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 11:29 - Aug 31 with 1004 viewsGarv

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 11:14 - Aug 31 by Kieran_Knows

Chaplin Celina Edwards
Bonne

Burns Fraser Barry
Pigott

Not sure about that mate. What has Barry done to be given that tag? And even Burns for that matter. In fact, none of them have 'ripped up' League One, bar Piggot perhaps, but he's not proved a great deal so far.

Poll: If you were offered L1 promotion as champions in 2022/23 now, would you take it?

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 11:34 - Aug 31 with 985 viewsgordon

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 11:20 - Aug 31 by chicoazul

You may be right but his numbers historically don’t scream he’s essential, especially ahead of Chaplin. Maybe he’ll end up at RB or even midfield. Seems to have a lot of energy and power.

Think it's more because Burns is a different type of player to lots of the others, and would be more effective helping out defensively when we're under pressure.

A lot of our team (exciting though they are) might be a bit dubious in the air / dealing with set-pieces, which is probably going to be our weakness this season - the full-backs and Harper don't seem to be that great in the air defensively, so we're going to need a bit of help from the front four, so Burns and Bonne could be really useful in that regard.

Obviously the likes of Celina and Edwards might blow a few of the weaker teams out of the water at home, and may snatch a few points away with flashes of magic, but the reality of this league is that if you can't deal with lots of balls into the box you aren't going to win enough matches.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 11:34]
Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 11:43 - Aug 31 with 925 viewsTractorFrog

Chaplin Celina Edwards
Bonne

Burns Fraser Barry
Pigott

I think this looks very possible, although I think with that attacking midfield three it might be Edwards right, Celina left, Chaplin central. Incredible that Burns and Fraser might be on the bench in a league one team. I also think that Pigott might take over as the main striker at some point, although Bonne has been better so far. For now, I would imagine Celina will not be ready to start games and will only be a sub for a while.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: Who is currently the best Ipswich Town player?

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 11:47 - Aug 31 with 898 viewsIllinoisblue

A cynic might say that, just like last season, we still have a bloated squad beset by injuries and fitness concerns.

62 - 78 - 81

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 11:51 - Aug 31 with 864 views_sanctimoanious_

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 11:27 - Aug 31 by Garv

I can definitely see Chaplin being in there. Burns will probably offer enough energy and pace to keep his place most weeks but on creativity/talent alone he may struggle.

Burns may well end up at right back.
Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 12:03 - Aug 31 with 804 viewsgmanrom

Fraser has been a major disappointment, Chaplin one poor game and injured, Aluko just wtf, Barry wasting his time here, Norwood in a 2 would be OK, Pigott the jury is still out, Burns been poor up until the Wimbledon game where he looked much better, Celine if we get the player he really is should storm league 1, Bonne and Edwards by far the best of this lot on current showing so not sure its gonna be to hard to pick 4

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 12:32 - Aug 31 with 697 viewsNazemariner

If i was picking the team i'd go with Edwards, Celina and Chaplin behind Bonne. Then i'd stick Wes Burns at Right Back.

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 13:08 - Aug 31 with 586 viewsHighgateBlue

You don't think Edwards will make the cut?! Players' form goes up and down, and he may have a quieter spell, but on the evidence we've seen thus far, I can't see how one can justify thinking that Edwards should not make the cut.

But yes, on paper an embarrassment of riches.

On the pitch, hopefully no further embarrassment of a different sort...

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 13:21 - Aug 31 with 526 viewsGarv

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 13:08 - Aug 31 by HighgateBlue

You don't think Edwards will make the cut?! Players' form goes up and down, and he may have a quieter spell, but on the evidence we've seen thus far, I can't see how one can justify thinking that Edwards should not make the cut.

I've only seen him at Cheltenham, and he was good. But I'd say he probably needs to start scoring and/or assisting otherwise he probably will be in danger of being rotated.

Personally I hope he stays in because he looks the most talented attacker we've seen in years.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 13:22]

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 13:54 - Aug 31 with 463 viewsGarv

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 12:03 - Aug 31 by gmanrom

Fraser has been a major disappointment, Chaplin one poor game and injured, Aluko just wtf, Barry wasting his time here, Norwood in a 2 would be OK, Pigott the jury is still out, Burns been poor up until the Wimbledon game where he looked much better, Celine if we get the player he really is should storm league 1, Bonne and Edwards by far the best of this lot on current showing so not sure its gonna be to hard to pick 4

Chaplin provided an assist in the first game, so overall I wouldn't say he was poor, he was just barely in the game.

And Burns has only played three games, one of which you've said he played well in, so I wouldn't worry about him based on what we have (or haven't) seen.

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 14:09 - Aug 31 with 408 viewsgordon

Looks like four out of ten at the moment for the forward positions on 13:08 - Aug 31 by HighgateBlue

Think he will have a big role, particularly at home, but would just be concerned about the size and ability of the team to defend set-pieces, long-throws etc. that's a massive part of League One football, and so far we've looked awful at it. Wes Burns at least has a bit of stature and presence - then it's probably 2 out of Celina, Chaplin and Edwards for me, and I'd go with Celina and Chaplin if both fit.

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2022