Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window 20:01 - Aug 31 with 2978 viewsChrisd

I doubt very much that PC will be going anywhere anytime soon. It would be plain daft in fact to make 19 new signings and then the manager is out the door. There’s certainly no doubt that on paper that squad is very decent for L1. MA has done his bit, it’s now over to the manager, his coaching staff and the players to start delivering on the pitch, but there still will be the odd bump in the road between now and May.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:04 - Aug 31 with 2079 viewsSouperJim

I'm not so certain, I think Ashton and his team have signed the players, not Cook. Any decent manager should be able to get a tune out of this squad.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:06 - Aug 31 with 2069 viewsHighgateBlue

Agreed. The results have been so so disappointing. But Cook has brought in as good a keeper and (touch wood) as good a defensive midfielder as we could realistically have hoped for, and Celina is one mighty fine cherry on top of some serious cake. We needed the cake. We've got the cake. I think I've got sidetracked. Happy though.

The Cook will have til Christmas, and if the defence is sorted, we can all forget about there even being a possibility of him leaving.
With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:07 - Aug 31 with 2053 viewslegoman

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:04 - Aug 31 by SouperJim

I'm not so certain, I think Ashton and his team have signed the players, not Cook. Any decent manager should be able to get a tune out of this squad.

Why not join the blues and have some fun or are you a traitor?

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:07 - Aug 31 with 2049 viewschicoazul

If you look at the players we have signed in the last day or so at least two are clearly Cook players. It’s a strong statement from Ashton supporting him. I’m shutting up about Cook going now as it won’t happen unless something disastrous occurs in the next ten games or so.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:09 - Aug 31 with 2020 viewstractorboy1978

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:04 - Aug 31 by SouperJim

Morsy and Walton are as Paul Cook signings as you will get.
With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:10 - Aug 31 with 2012 viewsGuthrum

Quite a number of them have explicit Cook connections. Would imply that is a factor in getting them to Town.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:10 - Aug 31 with 2004 viewsSwailsey

Erm….

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:12 - Aug 31 with 1990 viewsMullet

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:07 - Aug 31 by chicoazul

If you look at the players we have signed in the last day or so at least two are clearly Cook players. It’s a strong statement from Ashton supporting him. I’m shutting up about Cook going now as it won’t happen unless something disastrous occurs in the next ten games or so.

They are also get us promoted signings. As soon as that becomes untenable he's gone and a new manager will know they have the leverage to demand similar, or stake their rep on doing better with them.

There's nowhere for Cook to hide, so it's all about getting us up now. Any talk otherwise is just chatting breeze. Going to be fireworks either way I say.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:12 - Aug 31 with 1983 viewsSouperJim

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:09 - Aug 31 by tractorboy1978

Morsy and Walton are as Paul Cook signings as you will get.

Well certainly that's true.

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:13 - Aug 31 with 1965 viewsAsa

Cook will be given the season comfortably unless it’s a complete disaster, say 17th at Christmas.

Half these players have signed to play for Cook, either a second or third time or because of his style of play or reputation.

Time to get behind him fully and enjoy the ride. We almost made the playoffs with Judge, Sears, Chambers and McGuinness. This side is a decent Championship side!

It’ll happen. It’s just a case of how much ground we have to make up and whether it’s too much.
With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:13 - Aug 31 with 1965 viewsSouperJim

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:10 - Aug 31 by Guthrum

Quite a number of them have explicit Cook connections. Would imply that is a factor in getting them to Town.

I agree, but that doesn't mean the owners won't pull the plug on Cook if we continue to bottle the lead in every game.

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:15 - Aug 31 with 1937 viewshomer_123

On paper it's a Championship squad....its promotion or the sack as I see it.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:17 - Aug 31 with 1925 viewsGuthrum

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:12 - Aug 31 by Mullet

They are also get us promoted signings. As soon as that becomes untenable he's gone and a new manager will know they have the leverage to demand similar, or stake their rep on doing better with them.

There's nowhere for Cook to hide, so it's all about getting us up now. Any talk otherwise is just chatting breeze. Going to be fireworks either way I say.

Won't take much. Fix the "concede silly goals" and "fail to see the game out" problems (not unrelated) and we'll be well on our way.

It's not like we are failing to score, get forward, or are fundamentally porous (every opposition attack is in on goal, throughout the game), both of which are more fundamental issues.

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:20 - Aug 31 with 1910 viewshomer_123

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:17 - Aug 31 by Guthrum

Won't take much. Fix the "concede silly goals" and "fail to see the game out" problems (not unrelated) and we'll be well on our way.

It's not like we are failing to score, get forward, or are fundamentally porous (every opposition attack is in on goal, throughout the game), both of which are more fundamental issues.

Though Hurst and Lambert couldn't solve those issues and Cook couldn't last season.

That being said...this squad is now ridiculously good and should be able to begin to sort them.

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:20 - Aug 31 with 1906 viewsMullet

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:17 - Aug 31 by Guthrum

We've failed to win, every single game. Against some pretty sh1te opposition and with some strong positions. Doesn't matter how good we think we are, he has found that not much incredibly elusive.

Either than changes or he goes, and pretty sharpish too. Especially as he's brought even more players who know what he wants and expects, it should really have happened prior to this.

He's got to send us on a tear pretty soon and I'm relishing that.

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:22 - Aug 31 with 1894 viewschicoazul

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:12 - Aug 31 by Mullet

Yep. Unless they are genuinely committed to giving him two seasons to get it done which is possible, although I don’t see the likes of Chaplin and Edwards enjoying that.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:30 - Aug 31 with 1847 viewsLeoMuff

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:15 - Aug 31 by homer_123

On paper it's a Championship squad....its promotion or the sack as I see it.

Not so sure, almost every single one of these has links to Cook, shows they are very committed to him. I would think a playoff failure would certainly get him another season.

Miss out on play offs he might be in trouble but depends on the circumstances, a poor first few months followed by a late charge might see him ok.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:31 - Aug 31 with 1833 viewshomer_123

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:30 - Aug 31 by LeoMuff

Not so sure, almost every single one of these has links to Cook, shows they are very committed to him. I would think a playoff failure would certainly get him another season.

Miss out on play offs he might be in trouble but depends on the circumstances, a poor first few months followed by a late charge might see him ok.

We are in for a ride...that's for sure.

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:33 - Aug 31 with 1812 viewslegoman

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:07 - Aug 31 by chicoazul

Coward.

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:41 - Aug 31 with 1760 viewsMullet

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:22 - Aug 31 by chicoazul

Yep. Unless they are genuinely committed to giving him two seasons to get it done which is possible, although I don’t see the likes of Chaplin and Edwards enjoying that.

No. The idea that several players will sacrifice 2 or more years of their career because they love Cook is fanciful.

Time to do it now.

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:43 - Aug 31 with 1736 viewsNthsuffolkblue

In short, fail to win a match for 4-5 more matches and he will be gone.

Start getting results and he will be given time.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:45 - Aug 31 with 1717 viewsGuthrum

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:20 - Aug 31 by homer_123

Though Hurst and Lambert couldn't solve those issues and Cook couldn't last season.

That being said...this squad is now ridiculously good and should be able to begin to sort them.

Last season we contracted can'tattackitis which, as so often developed into chronic can'tscoritis. That's a bit more of an issue.

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:47 - Aug 31 with 1697 viewsjayessess

Alternately, you don't sign a load of Championship players to spend 2 seasons in League One.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:51 - Aug 31 with 1684 viewsGuthrum

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:20 - Aug 31 by Mullet

We've failed to win, every single game. Against some pretty sh1te opposition and with some strong positions. Doesn't matter how good we think we are, he has found that not much incredibly elusive.

Either than changes or he goes, and pretty sharpish too. Especially as he's brought even more players who know what he wants and expects, it should really have happened prior to this.

He's got to send us on a tear pretty soon and I'm relishing that.

My point is really that it's more about tightening up than fundamental change from this point on. Cook has the machinery, needs to get it functioning and keep it on the road.

I think he'll get a reasonable run, but has to start showing some signs of progress. He's got to drive hard for the rest of the season - and does have the experience and pedigree to do that.

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:55 - Aug 31 with 1641 viewsMullet

With the amount of players we have signed this transfer window on 20:51 - Aug 31 by Guthrum

My point is really that it's more about tightening up than fundamental change from this point on. Cook has the machinery, needs to get it functioning and keep it on the road.

I think he'll get a reasonable run, but has to start showing some signs of progress. He's got to drive hard for the rest of the season - and does have the experience and pedigree to do that.

I agree, but people talking as if it's a formality and the fact he's not done awfully here are baffling right now. He had the opportunity to at least get close to the playoffs if not make them and got it totally wrong already without taking any responsibility for it.

That's a significant mental shift we've not seen addressed at all yet. He can't hide from it much longer.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024