Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) 10:22 - Sep 1 with 3472 viewsPinewoodblue

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 10:24 - Sep 1 with 2910 viewsitfcjoe

I'm sure a few will be - just the way it is

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 10:26 - Sep 1 with 2881 viewstextbackup

Given what he’s said in the past you’d think he has only recruited those that are up for a challenge and not going to sulk, want to better themselves, and not accept just turning up and getting paid

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 10:26 - Sep 1 with 2871 viewshomer_123

Aluko and Barry could well be, yes.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 10:27 - Sep 1 with 2866 viewsRobTheMonk

Hladky, Penney, Harper, Barry, Fraser.

Think they might be the ones to miss out most.

Edit - Not counting Aluko as I don't think he'll expect to be anything more than a squad player.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 10:27]
Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 10:28 - Sep 1 with 2844 viewsNW10_Tractor

As would Norwood - thinking his days are numbered too!
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 10:32]

Harlesden's Arrogantly Talented with the Skill Abilities And not a bad goalkeeper either....
Poll: How would you like Town to win the league

Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 10:31 - Sep 1 with 2817 viewsTractorCam

I imagine some are yes, but they all knew what they were getting into it. In terms of Barry, Aluko, Edwards, Celina they already know the attacking options signed before them. I'd like to think everyone knows that they need to work hard and impress on a consistent basis to be assured of their place in the team.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 10:32 - Sep 1 with 2800 viewsTractorCam

Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 10:27 - Sep 1 by RobTheMonk

Edit - Not counting Aluko as I don't think he'll expect to be anything more than a squad player.

Harper will be ahead of Evans I reckon. I'm very boldly putting it out there that Evans may immediately drop from captain to 4th choice, with Carroll remaining the bench option.

Very bold claim of course, but someone has to be.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 10:33 - Sep 1 with 2792 viewsMediocre_Quick

Aluko maybe, not sure why we made that signing, he's never really impressed at any club he's been at
Login to get fewer ads

Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 10:34 - Sep 1 with 2762 viewsSwansea_Blue

Depends how much of this was planned and how much is throwing some extra players at the wall because of the poor start.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Personally I think that Cook..... on 10:36 - Sep 1 with 2732 viewsBloots

Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 10:32 - Sep 1 by TractorCam

Harper will be ahead of Evans I reckon. I'm very boldly putting it out there that Evans may immediately drop from captain to 4th choice, with Carroll remaining the bench option.

....always considered Evans and Morsy to be his preferred CM pairing.

Expect that he'll go with them, at least in the short term.

If it doesn't work Harper or Carroll are ready to drop in and replace Evans, or cover for the inevitable injuries.

Morsy will take over as skipper.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 10:36 - Sep 1 with 2714 viewschrismakin

Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 10:33 - Sep 1 by Mediocre_Quick

Aluko maybe, not sure why we made that signing, he's never really impressed at any club he's been at

How is he seen as that bad when he made over 200 Champ appearances?

Isn't he just a bit unfit at the moment?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Personally I think that Cook..... on 10:37 - Sep 1 with 2703 viewsFixed_It

Personally I think that Cook..... on 10:36 - Sep 1 by Bloots

....always considered Evans and Morsy to be his preferred CM pairing.

Expect that he'll go with them, at least in the short term.

If it doesn't work Harper or Carroll are ready to drop in and replace Evans, or cover for the inevitable injuries.

Morsy will take over as skipper.

Agreed. Partnership worked well at Wigan.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 10:39 - Sep 1 with 2690 viewstractorboy1978

Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 10:34 - Sep 1 by Swansea_Blue

Depends how much of this was planned and how much is throwing some extra players at the wall because of the poor start.

It looks like we managed to get 3 of our top targets (that we didn't think would be available) from the start of the summer in the final two days of the window. I would imagine with hindsight now, Cook wouldn't have signed Aluko/Carroll but I may be wrong.
Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 10:41 - Sep 1 with 2674 viewsHighgateBlue

Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 10:33 - Sep 1 by Mediocre_Quick

He's never impressed you, or he's never impressed the manager of the club to which he was contracted? It's a very odd blanket assertion to make about someone with 373 league appearances, over 40 of which were in the Premier League. He played 33 games in the division above us last year. I understand why people were extremely unimpressed with his debut for us, but to rubbish his career like that is just plain weird.
Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 10:47 - Sep 1 with 2616 viewsSkip_Intro

I'd imagine that most of them were sold a vision of the club being rebuilt with quality players otherwise they would not have joined so I doubt they are asking that...
Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 10:52 - Sep 1 with 2562 viewsitfcjoe

Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 10:41 - Sep 1 by HighgateBlue

He's never impressed you, or he's never impressed the manager of the club to which he was contracted? It's a very odd blanket assertion to make about someone with 373 league appearances, over 40 of which were in the Premier League. He played 33 games in the division above us last year. I understand why people were extremely unimpressed with his debut for us, but to rubbish his career like that is just plain weird.

Reading signed him for £7.5m, so fair to say he must have impressed someone at some point

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 11:03 - Sep 1 with 2436 viewsMediocre_Quick

Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 10:41 - Sep 1 by HighgateBlue

Personally, whenever I've watched him play, he's seemed lazy, and not bothered

The amount of games he's played doesn't mean a thing when the majority of fans at the clubs he's paid for have also rubbished him and haven't been that impressed with him

Onk one team have ever paid a fee for him - reading, and we all know how irresponsible they've been with spending over the last 10 years - Fulham took them for a mug by taking that much off them for him

He's played over 300 games and contributed 49 goals

In those 33 appearances for Reading last season he contributed 4 G/A

Unfortunately, his stats speak for themselves

Easily overrated player and his signing is still a bizarre one, considering we were still chasing Celina
Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 11:29 - Sep 1 with 2304 viewsIllinoisblue

Hope so. The easy life for ITFC players is over. Perform or miss out. The way it’s supposed to be in football.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 12:59 - Sep 1 with 2027 viewsKeaneish

Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 10:28 - Sep 1 by NW10_Tractor

As would Norwood - thinking his days are numbered too!
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 10:32]

He offers a different dynamic to the other three forwards. At the moment he’s third in line but he’ll have a part to play if he’s stays injury free.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 13:07 - Sep 1 with 1986 views3_5_2

thats what we want, serious competition for places

"Keep the shirt" mentality in place, unlike the previous deadwood who in a lot of cases kept the shirt with less than 100% most weeks

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 13:10 - Sep 1 with 1964 viewsWallingford_Boy

Aluko.

Was always an odd one.

RIP Sir Bobby

Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 13:34 - Sep 1 with 1888 viewsjayessess

Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 10:27 - Sep 1 by RobTheMonk

Think it was fairly obvious that Penney wasn't coming in as first choice left back, everyone said so at the time.

Expect Fraser and Harper probably still fancy their chances of making the first team.

Barry's a strange one. Maybe because he's so young Villa and he were comfortable with a fringe role?

Hladky, well, he'll know the score that keepers have to be at 100% almost all the time.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 13:55 - Sep 1 with 1811 viewsNthQldITFC

I expect all of them know that they are good enough to train well, to make the most of the chances that come their way, and to therefore compete for a starting place in a team which will be picked from the best performing players in a quality squad. That's what being a professional footballer is all about. They are all professionals.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 13:55 - Sep 1 with 1810 viewsOsborneOneNil

Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 10:32 - Sep 1 by TractorCam

I'd be a disappointed for Harper if he's the one to drop out, I like him. I do, however, think Cook will at least start with Morsy and Evans.

If Morsy has to serve the 3 game ban, we should get to see some intense performances from Harper and Evans in those matches.
Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 13:56 - Sep 1 with 1806 viewsjayessess

Are any of Cook’s earlier signing asking themselves why they are here? (n/t) on 13:55 - Sep 1 by OsborneOneNil

I'd be a disappointed for Harper if he's the one to drop out, I like him. I do, however, think Cook will at least start with Morsy and Evans.

If Morsy has to serve the 3 game ban, we should get to see some intense performances from Harper and Evans in those matches.

Harper's 21 and has a higher ceiling than both of them. He can stand to wait for opportunities.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024