Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? 11:11 - Sep 1 with 2803 viewsreusersfreekicks

How much will we lose this season?
If we don't go up how costly will that prove?
Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 11:16 - Sep 1 with 2300 viewsitfcjoe

Our wage bill has got to be above £10m this season, will be double what it was last year and will be similar to what the bill was under McCarthy in the Championship.

In reality the overall club wage bill may be higher than it was as we had such a small skeleton support staff but now have beefed that up.

I'd imagine we'll lose somewhere in region of £5-6m this year, none of it matters of owners back it up with injected equity - but if we don't go up they will need to massively for next season unless we sell players for significant fees.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 11:20 - Sep 1 with 2236 viewschrismakin

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 11:16 - Sep 1 by itfcjoe

Our wage bill has got to be above £10m this season, will be double what it was last year and will be similar to what the bill was under McCarthy in the Championship.

In reality the overall club wage bill may be higher than it was as we had such a small skeleton support staff but now have beefed that up.

I'd imagine we'll lose somewhere in region of £5-6m this year, none of it matters of owners back it up with injected equity - but if we don't go up they will need to massively for next season unless we sell players for significant fees.

We wont be having a £19 Mill wage bill on league 1.

And yes well aware joe's got me on ignore, but least others will see it. Similar to Mick had lol

As previous posters have asked before, where's the evidence of such a take.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 11:31 - Sep 1 with 2198 viewsreusersfreekicks

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 11:20 - Sep 1 by chrismakin

We wont be having a £19 Mill wage bill on league 1.

And yes well aware joe's got me on ignore, but least others will see it. Similar to Mick had lol

As previous posters have asked before, where's the evidence of such a take.

His answer seems quite balanced to me and doesn't mention 19m anywhere.
Maybe stop stalking him
Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 11:39 - Sep 1 with 2167 viewsPattiswickBlue

In terms of fees:

Burns - 100k
Harper - 250k
Hladky - 300k
Fraser - ?
Edmundson - 750k
Chaplin - 750k
Burgess - 750k I think I read
Morsy - ?

And then you’ve got loan fees for players! Celina and Coulson both wouldn’t have been cheap!
Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 11:45 - Sep 1 with 2122 viewsSwansea_Blue

So in short, the question is whether we're gambling on going up.

I suppose we won't know until we see the accounts coming through, although it feels like was are spending bigly innit.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 11:48 - Sep 1 with 2097 viewsUppaTowen78

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 11:39 - Sep 1 by PattiswickBlue

In terms of fees:

Burns - 100k
Harper - 250k
Hladky - 300k
Fraser - ?
Edmundson - 750k
Chaplin - 750k
Burgess - 750k I think I read
Morsy - ?

And then you’ve got loan fees for players! Celina and Coulson both wouldn’t have been cheap!

EADT reporting Morsy was low six figure fee. Surprising as Boro fans seemed to think it would be at least a million if not 2 million.
Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 11:51 - Sep 1 with 2044 viewschrismakin

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 11:31 - Sep 1 by reusersfreekicks

Maybe stop stalking him

Not my fault his posts comes up on your thread.

Similar to Micks championship budget, which was around 19M in the club accounts.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 11:52 - Sep 1 with 2053 viewsNthQldITFC

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 11:48 - Sep 1 by UppaTowen78

EADT reporting Morsy was low six figure fee. Surprising as Boro fans seemed to think it would be at least a million if not 2 million.

Suspect they may mean a low seven figure fee. Easy mistaka-ta-maka.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 11:53 - Sep 1 with 2050 viewsPattiswickBlue

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 11:48 - Sep 1 by UppaTowen78

That is surprising, just seen that. I would never have guessed a low six figure sum! If true, makes that signing even better.
Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 12:42 - Sep 1 with 1906 viewsitfcjoe

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 11:52 - Sep 1 by NthQldITFC

Suspect they may mean a low seven figure fee. Easy mistaka-ta-maka.

They don't, Boro quite happy to get shot of his wages from what I understand

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 12:52 - Sep 1 with 1865 views_sanctimoanious_

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 12:42 - Sep 1 by itfcjoe

Yes i read that on Twitter too. Let’s not forget we have a level headed ownership group who have a plan and know what they’re doing. Pure conjecture dressed up as fact can be quite damaging.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 12:52]
Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 13:06 - Sep 1 with 1799 viewsitfcjoe

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 11:31 - Sep 1 by reusersfreekicks

Maybe stop stalking him

When our 'wage bill' was £19m, it was when it included MCCarthy at £1m a year, and all the staff at the club.

The playing budget is what matters, and with players like Morsy in now, and effectively picking up his Boro contract he is going to be earning the sort of money Bart was getting here after his bumper deal.

We've gone big this summer, very big - and it has given us a brilliant squad

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 13:11 - Sep 1 with 1779 viewsVic

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 12:42 - Sep 1 by itfcjoe

Which if true makes it even more remarkable that we managed to sign him.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 13:17 - Sep 1 with 1749 views_sanctimoanious_

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 13:06 - Sep 1 by itfcjoe

When our 'wage bill' was £19m, it was when it included MCCarthy at £1m a year, and all the staff at the club.

The playing budget is what matters, and with players like Morsy in now, and effectively picking up his Boro contract he is going to be earning the sort of money Bart was getting here after his bumper deal.

We've gone big this summer, very big - and it has given us a brilliant squad

Where are you getting this info?? It’s my understanding that Morsy was earning just shy of 8k per week at Boro.
Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 13:25 - Sep 1 with 1700 viewsitfcjoe

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 13:17 - Sep 1 by _sanctimoanious_

Where are you getting this info?? It’s my understanding that Morsy was earning just shy of 8k per week at Boro.

Wherever you are getting your info from is wrong.

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 13:25 - Sep 1 with 1697 viewschicoazul

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 13:17 - Sep 1 by _sanctimoanious_

Regular championship midfielders at big clubs don’t earn 8 a week.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 13:28 - Sep 1 with 1686 views_sanctimoanious_

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 13:25 - Sep 1 by itfcjoe

Prove it. No chance on earth are we paying him circa 19k per week.
Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 13:29 - Sep 1 with 1671 viewsitfcjoe

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 13:28 - Sep 1 by _sanctimoanious_

And there is no chance we were paying Bart that either so what's your point?

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 13:31 - Sep 1 with 1654 views_sanctimoanious_

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 13:29 - Sep 1 by itfcjoe

And there is no chance we were paying Bart that either so what's your point?

That was the rumoured figure at the time. Morsy was on around 8k basic at Boro topped up to 13k with bonuses etc.
Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 13:33 - Sep 1 with 1630 viewschicoazul

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 13:31 - Sep 1 by _sanctimoanious_

That was the rumoured figure at the time. Morsy was on around 8k basic at Boro topped up to 13k with bonuses etc.

Hey don’t forget, pure conjecture dressed up as fact can be quite damaging you know Blueas.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 13:37 - Sep 1 with 1607 views_sanctimoanious_

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 13:33 - Sep 1 by chicoazul

Hey don’t forget, pure conjecture dressed up as fact can be quite damaging you know Blueas.

I get Joe has plenty of fanboys and he does talk some sense but it is ok to question him sometimes. Believe what you like, I couldn’t care less, I’m just calling out hyperbole from your good friend.
Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 12:03 - Sep 2 with 1268 viewsWilbrahamBlue

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 13:25 - Sep 1 by itfcjoe

KOA boys mentioned they think he may 'just' be in the realm of 5 figures per week? Ashton also directly responded to the high salary rumours in general in his interview yesterday, pretty firm on talk of high salaries being incorrect.

Also been a lot of emphasis on the extra year Morsy has got here from the 2 left at Boro, so much alludes to something in the very early teens as weekly salary...
Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 12:07 - Sep 2 with 1242 viewsitfcjoe

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 12:03 - Sep 2 by WilbrahamBlue

KOA boys mentioned they think he may 'just' be in the realm of 5 figures per week? Ashton also directly responded to the high salary rumours in general in his interview yesterday, pretty firm on talk of high salaries being incorrect.

Also been a lot of emphasis on the extra year Morsy has got here from the 2 left at Boro, so much alludes to something in the very early teens as weekly salary...

I think getting an extra year is the key, especially at 29 - if you are on £15k a week for 2 years, and can get £12k a week for 3 years (plus no doubt a promotion wage increase in there) then financially it's a smart move.

The wage bill will be huge this year, anyone who can see the squad can see that - it's not a criticism, or an issue, it's just a fact.

This budget has allowed us to build one of the best squads League 1 has ever seen, and it's going to be (hopefully) a very exciting season for us all to watch!

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 12:09 - Sep 2 with 1221 viewsWilbrahamBlue

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 12:07 - Sep 2 by itfcjoe

I think getting an extra year is the key, especially at 29 - if you are on £15k a week for 2 years, and can get £12k a week for 3 years (plus no doubt a promotion wage increase in there) then financially it's a smart move.

The wage bill will be huge this year, anyone who can see the squad can see that - it's not a criticism, or an issue, it's just a fact.

This budget has allowed us to build one of the best squads League 1 has ever seen, and it's going to be (hopefully) a very exciting season for us all to watch!

Yep, no doubt crucial and a nice little base increase if/when we go up its a great contract for him. Would assume many of lower champ rivals for him weren't going near the 3rd year in their offers and big reason how we trumped them all.
Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 12:12 - Sep 2 with 1201 viewsmutters

Any ideas on the cost of our new squad? on 13:28 - Sep 1 by _sanctimoanious_

To be balanced here, can you prove that he is on 8k per month as per 'your understanding?'.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024