Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone tried framing a shirt themselves? 11:45 - Sep 1 with 855 viewsIllinoisblue

Any tips or advice? I have an away, match issued Varney shirt - championship sleeve patches and all! - that I want to put in a frame. Thinking I’d like to fold the shirt so the Marcus Evans logo is not visible but maybe that’s a bit petty.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anyone tried framing a shirt themselves? on 11:56 - Sep 1 with 824 viewsBluespeed225

I tried a Kuqi shirt I had myself, wrapped it around a cardboard former, pinned it, and sandwiched it in a frame I got from Woolies. It was ok, but not a patch on the ones I’ve had done professionally, much deeper frame used.
Anyone tried framing a shirt themselves? on 12:03 - Sep 1 with 795 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’ve framed a few. I’ll pm you the results.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone tried framing a shirt themselves? on 12:03 - Sep 1 with 798 viewsSWGF

I've done a couple "cheaply" (i.e. Ikea flat frames) which are OK. But have done a couple of others in more of a box frame like this - presume they'll have them on your Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01JLVE4IM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

Pretty simple to do.

Did you get Reg to sign it? As an aside, he was the first person in the UK to use a cash machine...

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Anyone tried framing a shirt themselves? on 12:37 - Sep 1 with 717 viewsIllinoisblue

Anyone tried framing a shirt themselves? on 12:03 - Sep 1 by SWGF

I've done a couple "cheaply" (i.e. Ikea flat frames) which are OK. But have done a couple of others in more of a box frame like this - presume they'll have them on your Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01JLVE4IM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

Pretty simple to do.

Did you get Reg to sign it? As an aside, he was the first person in the UK to use a cash machine...

Yeah, there’s a local store which has a range of shadow box frames, will give one of them a go. Should make it ‘pop’ more than a flat frame. Only the best for Reg! (Who, incidentally, looks like he could be Scowcroft’s older brother)

62 - 78 - 81

Anyone tried framing a shirt themselves? on 12:37 - Sep 1 with 712 viewsIllinoisblue

Anyone tried framing a shirt themselves? on 12:03 - Sep 1 by GlasgowBlue

I’ve framed a few. I’ll pm you the results.

Nice one, cheers

62 - 78 - 81

Anyone tried framing a shirt themselves? on 12:38 - Sep 1 with 712 viewsKeno

I find it easier to take it off first

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Anyone tried framing a shirt themselves? on 12:40 - Sep 1 with 708 viewsIllinoisblue

Anyone tried framing a shirt themselves? on 11:56 - Sep 1 by Bluespeed225

I tried a Kuqi shirt I had myself, wrapped it around a cardboard former, pinned it, and sandwiched it in a frame I got from Woolies. It was ok, but not a patch on the ones I’ve had done professionally, much deeper frame used.

The rough, rugged look probably suits a Kuqi shirt. Wonder what he’s up to now. Wasn’t it a few years back he was linked as being our next manager

62 - 78 - 81

Anyone tried framing a shirt themselves? on 12:53 - Sep 1 with 690 viewsitfcjoe

There is a company here called Vivarti that does good frames, not sure if they go to US as well. They are about £40

You need 2 people to do it as sometimes need one to hold it whilst someone does a fiddly bit etc - the results were pretty good on mine but admittedly my wife and mother in law did it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone tried framing a shirt themselves? on 13:50 - Sep 1 with 597 viewsSWGF

Anyone tried framing a shirt themselves? on 12:53 - Sep 1 by itfcjoe

There is a company here called Vivarti that does good frames, not sure if they go to US as well. They are about £40

You need 2 people to do it as sometimes need one to hold it whilst someone does a fiddly bit etc - the results were pretty good on mine but admittedly my wife and mother in law did it

Joe's lazy. If you don't wish to feel emasculated, a barely competent DIY simpleton can do it, on their own.

The proof is hanging behind me.

Albeit not particularly straight. Nor securely.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

Anyone tried framing a shirt themselves? on 14:22 - Sep 1 with 551 viewsIllinoisblue

Anyone tried framing a shirt themselves? on 13:50 - Sep 1 by SWGF

Joe's lazy. If you don't wish to feel emasculated, a barely competent DIY simpleton can do it, on their own.

The proof is hanging behind me.

Albeit not particularly straight. Nor securely.

As my wife will attest, not sure my DIY skills are even at simpleton level yet but I’ll give it a go!

62 - 78 - 81

Anyone tried framing a shirt themselves? on 15:30 - Sep 1 with 473 viewsSWGF

Anyone tried framing a shirt themselves? on 14:22 - Sep 1 by Illinoisblue

As my wife will attest, not sure my DIY skills are even at simpleton level yet but I’ll give it a go!

That's the spirit (level).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024