Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When was the last time you were genuinely excited about a new signing? 11:48 - Sep 1 with 2822 viewsMattinLondon

No doubt this has been discussed before, but in light of all of the new signings the club has made this season, when was the last time you were excited about a new signing? Or thought to yourself ‘How did we manage to sign him? Doesn’t have to be this season.

When we signed Matteo Sereni I thought we were going places as, at the time, Sven-Göran Eriksson described him as one of the best keepers in Europe.

Pablo - one of the best prospects in Spain and again, I thought that we were really going up in the world.

David McGoldrick - always thought he was a gifted player and thought that it was a superb signing.

Anyway, over to you.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 16:34]
When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 11:50 - Sep 1 with 2000 viewsTractorCam

Ryan Fraser, Chopra, Gio.

The main shouts for this season would be Edwards, Celina and Chaplin i'd say.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 11:53 - Sep 1 with 1988 viewstractorboy1978

I remember the first time I watched Ryan Fraser play, thinking this bloke can take us up almost single handedly. And I am convinced he would have if we'd managed to get another 20 games out of him.
When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 11:55 - Sep 1 with 1970 viewssuffolkpoker

When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 11:50 - Sep 1 by TractorCam

Ryan Fraser, Chopra, Gio.

The main shouts for this season would be Edwards, Celina and Chaplin i'd say.

Ian Marshall and Marcus Stewart.

Celina, Pigott and Morsy.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 11:57 - Sep 1 with 1956 viewssaffers12

When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 11:55 - Sep 1 by suffolkpoker

Ian Marshall and Marcus Stewart.

Celina, Pigott and Morsy.

Marcus Stewart - game changer
When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 11:58 - Sep 1 with 1954 viewsRomeo4

Morsy is the one for me. Among some potentially great signings I think he stands out as the player who can really drive this transition forward.

To answer your original question I would probably say it was Marcus Stewart. After years of nearly getting there, his signing was a clear indication that we meant business that season. It worked out pretty well!
When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 12:00 - Sep 1 with 1928 viewsSE1blue

Marcus Stewart.

He felt like the final piece we needed to finally get promoted.

In the banter years that have followed…only Gio.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 12:04 - Sep 1 with 1890 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Paul Goddard
When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 12:07 - Sep 1 with 1873 viewshomer_123

Bullard - after his loan spell I thought he was going to be superb.....well, we all know what happened.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 12:24 - Sep 1 with 1827 viewsSWGF

When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 12:04 - Sep 1 by BlueBlueBluex2

Paul Goddard

I had a dream about Paul Goddard last night....I shook his hand and he had TINY, TINY hands. Child's hands.

That's all I remember from the encounter.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 12:27 - Sep 1 with 1807 viewsNthQldITFC

Yesterday.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 12:35 - Sep 1 with 1771 viewsvanmunt

Jim 'Magic' Magilton
When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 12:38 - Sep 1 with 1758 viewsMookamoo

Reuser.

The start of a new era of dutch masters.
When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 12:38 - Sep 1 with 1751 viewsIllinoisblue

When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 12:00 - Sep 1 by SE1blue

Marcus Stewart.

He felt like the final piece we needed to finally get promoted.

In the banter years that have followed…only Gio.

Still can’t comprehend why Huddersfield sold him to a promotion rival

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 12:40 - Sep 1 with 1739 viewscatch74

When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 11:57 - Sep 1 by saffers12

Marcus Stewart - game changer

He was way before Gamechanger mate.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 12:48 - Sep 1 with 1720 viewsBlueBadger

Alan 'rip up the league' Judge

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 12:49 - Sep 1 with 1716 viewsMullet

When Kyle edwards whipped that shot cross in at Burton

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 13:01 - Sep 1 with 1676 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 12:24 - Sep 1 by SWGF

I had a dream about Paul Goddard last night....I shook his hand and he had TINY, TINY hands. Child's hands.

Perhaps yours were freakishly large?

I often look down at my member and tell myself that.
When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 13:11 - Sep 1 with 1656 viewsBlueBadger

When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 12:49 - Sep 1 by Mullet

When Kyle edwards whipped that shot cross in at Burton

I know it's a not particularly high bar but he's comfortably the best player called 'Edwards' I've ever seen in an Ipswich shirt.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 13:14 - Sep 1 with 1644 viewsMullet

When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 12:24 - Sep 1 by SWGF

Weirdly, I met Paul Goddard when I was a child and his hands seemed massive because mine were tiny. But the Wagon Wheels before games and paper cups of Pepsi seemed massive too back then.

When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 13:39 - Sep 1 with 1584 viewsGarv

Campo?

Having only been aware of and really taken notice of signings from around 2006/07 onwards, there isn't many.

- Bullard, especially seeing him start running games from the off.
- Chopra was exciting and a bought for a decent price at the time, so he probably qualifies.
- Norwood (in the context of being in League One and desperately needing a striker).
I'm being generous with all of those, though.

That the fanbase is in such overwhelming agreement that our business is almost too good to be true, it illustrates how bad the last 10+ years has been. I genuinely think I've forgotten what good footballers look like.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 13:41 - Sep 1 with 1569 viewsSWGF

When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 13:01 - Sep 1 by BlueBlueBluex2

Perhaps yours were freakishly large?

I often look down at my member and tell myself that.

We did measure them up against each other.

Hands, not members...that was a different dream.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 13:45 - Sep 1 with 1552 viewsSWGF

When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 13:14 - Sep 1 by Mullet

Weirdly, I met Paul Goddard when I was a child and his hands seemed massive because mine were tiny. But the Wagon Wheels before games and paper cups of Pepsi seemed massive too back then.

Alright, Peter Kay?

When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 13:49 - Sep 1 with 1523 viewsMullet

When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 13:45 - Sep 1 by SWGF

Alright, Peter Kay?

He’s from Bolton. I’m going to assume you don’t know how offensive that is.

When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 13:50 - Sep 1 with 1525 viewsHighgateBlue

When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 13:11 - Sep 1 by BlueBadger

I know it's a not particularly high bar but he's comfortably the best player called 'Edwards' I've ever seen in an Ipswich shirt.

I know that Gwion flattered to deceive, but Carlos played for us almost 200 times and was a good servant to the club. I wouldn't say it was an especially low bar.
When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 13:54 - Sep 1 with 1492 viewsFixed_It

When was the last time you were generally excited about a new signing? on 13:50 - Sep 1 by HighgateBlue

I know that Gwion flattered to deceive, but Carlos played for us almost 200 times and was a good servant to the club. I wouldn't say it was an especially low bar.

Shhhh -- Badger is trying to do his Bluefish tribute act. Don't confuse him with facts.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024