Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So last summer Lambert bought... 13:19 - Sep 1 with 3413 viewsFixed_It

...Cornell, Hawkins and Ward - with Ipswich having been priced out of their main target who subsequently went on to fire Peterborough to promotion.

Forgive me for feeling a bit more optimistic this time round!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

And yet we had 13 points..... on 13:25 - Sep 1 with 3295 viewsBloots

...from our first 5 matches.

TWTD.

#gelling

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

So last summer Lambert bought... on 13:27 - Sep 1 with 3274 viewsxrayspecs

Last summer Lambert was our manager.
This summer, he is not.

Reasons to be cheerful.
So last summer Lambert bought... on 13:30 - Sep 1 with 3243 viewsMullet

Don’t be optimistic ffs it might take a few more years apparently

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

And yet we had 13 points..... on 13:32 - Sep 1 with 3224 viewsOsborneOneNil

And yet we had 13 points..... on 13:25 - Sep 1 by Bloots

TWTD.

#gelling

Football, funny ol' game, isn't it.

Despite obtaining 13 points from those 5 games, we didn't look like we deserved any of them. This season, we could/should have won 4 or even 5, but haven't won any!

I'm now looking forward to seeing us fly up that table. It'll make promotion even more enjoyable than if we had a blistering start.
And yet we had 13 points..... on 13:33 - Sep 1 with 3210 viewsFixed_It

TWTD.

#gelling

But........<hesitates>.......the football wasn't as good!

Ready! Steady! Cook!

And yet we had 13 points..... on 13:40 - Sep 1 with 3165 viewsSitfcB

TWTD.

#gelling

Can’t believe we won the league last September and we’ve been relegated this August. Crazy.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

You can't win the league..... on 13:50 - Sep 1 with 3090 viewsBloots

And yet we had 13 points..... on 13:40 - Sep 1 by SitfcB

Can’t believe we won the league last September and we’ve been relegated this August. Crazy.

....in the first couple of months, but you can lose it.

I doubt we'll get relegated this season.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

And yet we had 13 points..... on 14:18 - Sep 1 with 2971 viewsSwansea_Blue

TWTD.

#gelling

FFS, don't wind them up!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

And yet we had 13 points..... on 14:20 - Sep 1 with 2957 viewsChurchman

And yet we had 13 points..... on 13:32 - Sep 1 by OsborneOneNil

Despite obtaining 13 points from those 5 games, we didn't look like we deserved any of them. This season, we could/should have won 4 or even 5, but haven't won any!

I'm now looking forward to seeing us fly up that table. It'll make promotion even more enjoyable than if we had a blistering start.

Yes it is strange. Last season we started with good results and my hope was that we’d gain confidence and start really playing. By November we were easy meat for anybody fit and organised and going into plenty of games expecting a loss. The odd wins were mostly undeserved scrapes and the defeats comfortable for the opposition.

I am hoping this season is a total reverse. However, if we pile up the table, an abject start won’t make that any sweeter for me. I’d prefer 10 more points now and an improving team!
So last summer Lambert bought... on 14:26 - Sep 1 with 2917 viewsParsley

So last summer Lambert bought... on 13:27 - Sep 1 by xrayspecs

This summer, he is not.

Reasons to be cheerful.

Also Marcus Evans was the owner, now he is not
And yet we had 13 points..... on 14:27 - Sep 1 with 2911 viewsSwansea_Blue

A bit harsh on last season imo. Until we collapsed against Doncaster I thought we played much better at the start of last season and deserved the early points. We certainly played better than the start of 19/20; now they were very much stolen points.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

And yet we had 13 points..... on 14:29 - Sep 1 with 2891 viewsFixed_It

And yet we had 13 points..... on 13:40 - Sep 1 by SitfcB

B*gger - that was meant to be an uppie!

Ready! Steady! Cook!

So last summer Lambert bought... on 14:34 - Sep 1 with 2861 viewsPhilTWTD

Don't think there was ever anything in that Clarke-Harris link, we weren't paying fees for anyone last summer, no matter how small.
So last summer Lambert bought... on 14:41 - Sep 1 with 2791 viewsFixed_It

So last summer Lambert bought... on 14:34 - Sep 1 by PhilTWTD

Don't think there was ever anything in that Clarke-Harris link, we weren't paying fees for anyone last summer, no matter how small.

In fairness - you never claimed it was imminent!

Ready! Steady! Cook!

So last summer Lambert bought... on 14:47 - Sep 1 with 2744 viewsPhilTWTD

So last summer Lambert bought... on 14:41 - Sep 1 by Fixed_It

In fairness - you never claimed it was imminent!

Was just agent talk, I think. No imminence at all on that front. I nearly used imminent on the Celina story on Monday but thought it would be too much of a risk.
So last summer Lambert bought... on 14:48 - Sep 1 with 2730 viewsunstableblue

So last summer Lambert bought... on 13:30 - Sep 1 by Mullet

Don’t be optimistic ffs it might take a few more years apparently

Now you’re just acting like a child

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

And yet we had 13 points..... on 16:28 - Sep 1 with 2383 viewsHerbivore

That's a fair bit of rewriting of history to be fair. MK Dons should have beaten us (arguably they should have done this season too) but the four games we won we merited the three points. It wasn't blistering stuff but we were very comfortably dispatching comparatively weak opposition. This season we've had spells of being easier on the eye but we've failed so far to beat any of the comparatively weak opponents we've faced.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

And yet we had 13 points..... on 17:14 - Sep 1 with 2206 viewsIpswichKnight

And yet we had 13 points..... on 16:28 - Sep 1 by Herbivore

That's a fair bit of rewriting of history to be fair. MK Dons should have beaten us (arguably they should have done this season too) but the four games we won we merited the three points. It wasn't blistering stuff but we were very comfortably dispatching comparatively weak opposition. This season we've had spells of being easier on the eye but we've failed so far to beat any of the comparatively weak opponents we've faced.

Those opening games we pretty much scored with every shot we took. This season we are creating loads more but are finding ways of shooting ourselves in the foot. It’s like Roy again we are finding it easier to draw and lose games when we are comfortable. MKDons for all there possession did nothing with it until last few minutes before then it was like Fraudbert forwards, back, sideways and back again.
And yet we had 13 points..... on 17:20 - Sep 1 with 2176 viewsHerbivore

And yet we had 13 points..... on 17:14 - Sep 1 by IpswichKnight

Those opening games we pretty much scored with every shot we took. This season we are creating loads more but are finding ways of shooting ourselves in the foot. It’s like Roy again we are finding it easier to draw and lose games when we are comfortable. MKDons for all there possession did nothing with it until last few minutes before then it was like Fraudbert forwards, back, sideways and back again.

I'm afraid I don't agree with your characterisation of last season and this. Without playing that well last season we pretty comfortably won four of our five opening games. Without playing that well this season, bar the odd brief spell, we've not managed a single win. The main difference is that last year we were more solid and able to see games out fairly easily, especially against lesser opposition. Of course once the opposition improved we were exposed and hopefully that won't be the case this time around.

And yet we had 13 points..... on 17:22 - Sep 1 with 2150 viewsSamWhiteUK

And yet we had 13 points..... on 16:28 - Sep 1 by Herbivore

It wasn't through being organised, though, or through any form of tactics. We just, as you put it, dispatched relatively weak opposition because we had better players.

Once Lambert's "tactics" came more into it, results actually started getting worse. The season went into a downward spiral from there. Poor results, heads dropped, confidence drained, team changed, poor results....
And yet we had 13 points..... on 17:24 - Sep 1 with 2136 viewsHerbivore

And yet we had 13 points..... on 17:22 - Sep 1 by SamWhiteUK

It wasn't through being organised, though, or through any form of tactics. We just, as you put it, dispatched relatively weak opposition because we had better players.

Once Lambert's "tactics" came more into it, results actually started getting worse. The season went into a downward spiral from there. Poor results, heads dropped, confidence drained, team changed, poor results....

Bit of a shame that this season with even better players we've mot managed to beat similarly weak opposition. I think we'd all hoped quality rather than cohesion would get us some points on the board early doors.

So last summer Lambert bought... on 18:29 - Sep 1 with 1950 viewsistanblue

So last summer Lambert bought... on 13:27 - Sep 1 by xrayspecs

This summer, he is not.

Reasons to be cheerful.

Last summer Evans was our owner.
This summer, he is not.

Reasons to be cheerful.
And yet we had 13 points..... on 18:31 - Sep 1 with 1941 viewsrgp1

And yet we had 13 points..... on 14:20 - Sep 1 by Churchman

Yes it is strange. Last season we started with good results and my hope was that we’d gain confidence and start really playing. By November we were easy meat for anybody fit and organised and going into plenty of games expecting a loss. The odd wins were mostly undeserved scrapes and the defeats comfortable for the opposition.

I am hoping this season is a total reverse. However, if we pile up the table, an abject start won’t make that any sweeter for me. I’d prefer 10 more points now and an improving team!

I agree as we don't wont to fall too far behind. I cannot imagine the owners will tolerate anything less than promotion with this squad of players. After all that must of been one fecking great carrot to lure Celina and Morsy. I cannot imagine the management team said do you fancy 2 or 3 years of Division 3 football!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024