Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal 22:05 - Sep 1 with 2999 viewsdominiciawful

The all-time men's international goals record and only 15 away from equally the men's caps record.

Bit of a freak, really.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 22:25 - Sep 1 with 1976 viewsStenvict

The GOAT. End of discussion.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 22:33 - Sep 1 with 1947 viewsBlueBadger

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 22:25 - Sep 1 by Stenvict

Fair play to him, there's very few that can fall over in or near the penalty area like he does.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 22:36 - Sep 1 with 1933 viewsFtnfwest

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 22:33 - Sep 1 by BlueBadger

Fair play to him, there's very few that can fall over in or near the penalty area like he does.

Oh I dunno, O’Shea had a Rivaldo esque attempt at it tonight
Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 22:37 - Sep 1 with 1932 viewsBlueBadger

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 22:36 - Sep 1 by Ftnfwest

Oh I dunno, O’Shea had a Rivaldo esque attempt at it tonight

It's Sitters I feel sorry for. Imagine thinking that a player who's main talent is falling over is the GOAT. Although, if you want to be fair, it's pretty damning on the rest of his generation that a man who's mastered the art of falling over is considered the best of them.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 22:38]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 22:41 - Sep 1 with 1911 viewsHerbivore

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 22:25 - Sep 1 by Stenvict

He's arguably not even the best footballer ever named Ronaldo let alone the GOAT.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 22:44 - Sep 1 with 1898 viewsFtnfwest

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 22:37 - Sep 1 by BlueBadger

It's Sitters I feel sorry for. Imagine thinking that a player who's main talent is falling over is the GOAT. Although, if you want to be fair, it's pretty damning on the rest of his generation that a man who's mastered the art of falling over is considered the best of them.

Bless him, mind you these fans of individual top players competing against each other… I mean can’t you be a fan of Ronald and Messi……..and Skuse?
Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 22:46 - Sep 1 with 1893 viewsBlueBadger

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 22:44 - Sep 1 by Ftnfwest

Bless him, mind you these fans of individual top players competing against each other… I mean can’t you be a fan of Ronald and Messi……..and Skuse?

Skuse is the Zidane of his generation. If Zidane had come from Bristol.

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 23:16 - Sep 1 with 1814 viewsMattinLondon

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 22:37 - Sep 1 by BlueBadger

Cristiano Ronaldo is the greatest player of his generation. His longevity, his desire to be a winner as well his undoubted work ethic is all a testament to his footballing skill. Describing him as world class simply downplays his ability.

Only the pathetic will bang on about him ‘falling over’ in order to pour scorn on him.
Login to get fewer ads

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 23:50 - Sep 1 with 1767 viewsHerbivore

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 23:16 - Sep 1 by MattinLondon

Cristiano Ronaldo is the greatest player of his generation. His longevity, his desire to be a winner as well his undoubted work ethic is all a testament to his footballing skill. Describing him as world class simply downplays his ability.

Only the pathetic will bang on about him ‘falling over’ in order to pour scorn on him.

*Second greatest.

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 23:57 - Sep 1 with 1754 viewshave_a_word_with_him

All have their own opinions, mine is that CR7 is the best of all time. I don't feel a need to try to convince anyone why I feel this way.
Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 00:17 - Sep 2 with 1723 viewsOsborneOneNil

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 23:57 - Sep 1 by have_a_word_with_him

All have their own opinions, mine is that CR7 is the best of all time. I don't feel a need to try to convince anyone why I feel this way.

Fair one.

Messi is better though. And Maradona is better than Messi.
Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 00:21 - Sep 2 with 1699 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 22:46 - Sep 1 by BlueBadger

Skuse is the Zidane of his generation. If Zidane had come from Bristol.

aNd hE wIlL bE a CrAcKiNg cOACh......because .......he speaks nicely

Your love to this failure has truly fcuked your head up
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 0:22]
Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 00:33 - Sep 2 with 1658 viewshave_a_word_with_him

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 00:17 - Sep 2 by OsborneOneNil

Fair one.

Messi is better though. And Maradona is better than Messi.

Good for you. So we disagree. And we both sleep well.
Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 06:56 - Sep 2 with 1470 viewsBLUEGOLD

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 23:57 - Sep 1 by have_a_word_with_him

It’s hard to say that someone is the best of all time when you will only have seen a limited number of players in your time.

Maradona, Pele, Di Stefano are but 3 challengers to them.
Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 07:08 - Sep 2 with 1450 viewsHerbivore

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 06:56 - Sep 2 by BLUEGOLD

It’s hard to say that someone is the best of all time when you will only have seen a limited number of players in your time.

Maradona, Pele, Di Stefano are but 3 challengers to them.

Although we will all have seen Messi and Ronaldo, and seeing those two alone is enough to conclude that Ronaldo can't be the GOAT when he's not the best of his own generation.

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 07:37 - Sep 2 with 1396 viewstextbackup

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 07:08 - Sep 2 by Herbivore

Although we will all have seen Messi and Ronaldo, and seeing those two alone is enough to conclude that Ronaldo can't be the GOAT when he's not the best of his own generation.

In your opinion, of course

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 07:40 - Sep 2 with 1390 viewsnoggin

Amazing scoring record. No point trying to compare players of different generations but he's clearly a very special athlete.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 08:07 - Sep 2 with 1348 viewsSwailsey

Hard to make an argument against him being the greatest player of all time really. He’s simply incredible.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 08:15 - Sep 2 with 1328 viewsfergalsharkey

You are clearly to young to remember Maradona.

He won leagues and World Cup single handily.

Poll: Cook out?

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 08:16 - Sep 2 with 1322 viewsHerbivore

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 07:37 - Sep 2 by textbackup

In your opinion, of course

Indeed, although I struggle to understand how anyone who has seen much of both of them thinks Ronaldo is better. I just don't see it at all.

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 08:19 - Sep 2 with 1308 viewsSwailsey

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 08:15 - Sep 2 by fergalsharkey

You are clearly to young to remember Maradona.

He won leagues and World Cup single handily.

It’s hard to judge isn’t it.

But when I think of the greatest, I’m not just thinking about raw skill - it’s commitment, fitness, work rate, goals, assists, consistency, doing it at club and international level. Ronaldo does all of those to a ridiculously high degree plus he has incredible natural ability.

That’s what puts him ahead of Messi and others - IMO of course.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 08:23 - Sep 2 with 1296 viewsHerbivore

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 08:19 - Sep 2 by Swailsey

It’s hard to judge isn’t it.

But when I think of the greatest, I’m not just thinking about raw skill - it’s commitment, fitness, work rate, goals, assists, consistency, doing it at club and international level. Ronaldo does all of those to a ridiculously high degree plus he has incredible natural ability.

That’s what puts him ahead of Messi and others - IMO of course.

Messi scores more, assists more, creates more chances, is more invovled in games. He also works incredibly hard, he just doesn't feel the need to take his shirt off and show his abs after scoring a penalty to show it.

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 08:34 - Sep 2 with 1271 viewsOsborneOneNil

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 08:23 - Sep 2 by Herbivore

Messi scores more, assists more, creates more chances, is more invovled in games. He also works incredibly hard, he just doesn't feel the need to take his shirt off and show his abs after scoring a penalty to show it.

Bottom line is that Messi is a genius with that football, stuff he can do against top class defenders. Dances past them, sticks them on their a5se etc. Lovely stuff.
Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 08:39 - Sep 2 with 1262 viewsHerbivore

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 08:34 - Sep 2 by OsborneOneNil

Bottom line is that Messi is a genius with that football, stuff he can do against top class defenders. Dances past them, sticks them on their a5se etc. Lovely stuff.

Indeed, just a marvelous player to watch even if you ignore all the goals and assists. He can do things that probably only Maradona has been able to do before him when on the ball. For me I edge him ahead of Maradona on the basis of his longevity and the ridiculous goalscoring exploits, but I can understand why others favour Maradona's achievements in '86 and with Napoli. I also think Pele has a good case for being considered the GOAT, bossed a couple of World Cups 12 years apart and just an incredible all round centre forward. Not easy to compare across the eras though.

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 08:47 - Sep 2 with 1237 viewsblueasfook

Cristiano Ronaldo, 111 goals in 180 games for Portugal on 08:07 - Sep 2 by Swailsey

Hard to make an argument against him being the greatest player of all time really. He’s simply incredible.

Not quite got the silky skills of Messi I dont think, but he's been (and still is) a great player agree.

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024