Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brizzle City Fans, what exactly is their beef with Ashton? (n/t) 22:22 - Sep 1 with 18655 viewsSmithy

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Brizzle City Fans, what exactly is their beef with Ashton? (n/t) on 22:27 - Sep 1 with 8359 viewsStrimmer

This needs clearing up. Can we get a friendly BC fan off their forum to explain it here please.

Instant reaction is ‘classic football fan scapegoating, happens everywhere.’ But they are very insistent…

Poll: Was it a punch?

Brizzle City Fans, what exactly is their beef with Ashton? (n/t) on 22:35 - Sep 1 with 8302 viewsSitfcB

I think they’re just bitter they didn’t get promoted like they feel they should have done.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Brizzle City Fans, what exactly is their beef with Ashton? (n/t) on 22:44 - Sep 1 with 8269 viewsitfcjoe

Brizzle City Fans, what exactly is their beef with Ashton? (n/t) on 22:27 - Sep 1 by Strimmer

This needs clearing up. Can we get a friendly BC fan off their forum to explain it here please.

Instant reaction is ‘classic football fan scapegoating, happens everywhere.’ But they are very insistent…

I think their main beef was how badly the manager hunt after Lee Johnson went - and that whilst when things are going well he’s happy to be front and centre but when they go bad you can’t find him anywhere.

There’s a lot of other rubbish noted, but they seem the main things

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Brizzle City Fans, what exactly is their beef with Ashton? (n/t) on 22:47 - Sep 1 with 8221 viewsJ2BLUE

Who cares? Jumped up muppets.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Brizzle City Fans, what exactly is their beef with Ashton? (n/t) on 22:48 - Sep 1 with 8216 views_sanctimoanious_

the usual football fan nonsense. They've never had a Simon Clegg.
They despise and are indulging in a 7 page hate fest on their forum… on 23:04 - Sep 1 with 8115 viewsunstableblue

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/213244-the-office-uk-ipswich-town-editio

You may not want to click on link…. It’s the scale and unanimity of the hate that concerns

They end by picking on the recent Ashton video

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Brizzle City Fans, what exactly is their beef with Ashton? (n/t) on 23:09 - Sep 1 with 8078 viewsChurchman

Brizzle City Fans, what exactly is their beef with Ashton? (n/t) on 22:44 - Sep 1 by itfcjoe

I think their main beef was how badly the manager hunt after Lee Johnson went - and that whilst when things are going well he’s happy to be front and centre but when they go bad you can’t find him anywhere.

There’s a lot of other rubbish noted, but they seem the main things

They were also wetting themselves over the amount of injuries they had and the fitness people Ashton had brought in. They should have tried our world.

I seem to remember a major reason was non progression to the Premier League, where they think they belong (😂😅😃😃), and that none of the progress they’ve made off the field has anything to do with Ashton.

Bristol City have always been a bit of a tinpot club.
Brizzle City Fans, what exactly is their beef with Ashton? (n/t) on 23:13 - Sep 1 with 8043 viewsIllinoisblue

A convenient diversion away from the fact just like another big city club - cough, Norwich, cough - they’ve never achieved anything of note in their entire history.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

They despise and are indulging in a 7 page hate fest on their forum… on 23:20 - Sep 1 with 7999 viewsChurchman

They despise and are indulging in a 7 page hate fest on their forum… on 23:04 - Sep 1 by unstableblue

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/213244-the-office-uk-ipswich-town-editio

You may not want to click on link…. It’s the scale and unanimity of the hate that concerns

Ashton is certainly a hate figure for those knuckle draggers. One doesn’t like Russell Osman either. Oh well. At the time of his appointment here, there were a number of journalist articles that contradicted their viewpoint.

Either way if Bristol’s lobotomised mob want to know what bad really looks like, I give you Evans, Milne and Clegg for whom a even working set of floodlight bulbs was a challenge too far.
They despise and are indulging in a 7 page hate fest on their forum… on 23:31 - Sep 1 with 7912 viewsLankHenners

They despise and are indulging in a 7 page hate fest on their forum… on 23:04 - Sep 1 by unstableblue

Well they certainly seem well-adjusted. Reminds me of the loons on here who kept posting anti-Mick stuff long after he'd gone.

Not that I'd expect them to know the ins and outs of what's going on here but clearly quite a few of them are utterly clueless as to what's happened over the summer and why.

Not a fan of the corporate quasi-David Brent language from Ashton and sure he won't be so popular when he sells off Edwards, Harper etc. but he's done as good a job recruiting as he could and given Cook what he needs for the season.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

They despise and are indulging in a 7 page hate fest on their forum… on 23:46 - Sep 1 with 7799 viewsunstableblue

They despise and are indulging in a 7 page hate fest on their forum… on 23:20 - Sep 1 by Churchman

Ashton is certainly a hate figure for those knuckle draggers. One doesn’t like Russell Osman either. Oh well. At the time of his appointment here, there were a number of journalist articles that contradicted their viewpoint.

Either way if Bristol’s lobotomised mob want to know what bad really looks like, I give you Evans, Milne and Clegg for whom a even working set of floodlight bulbs was a challenge too far.

Yeah I didn’t get the Russell Osman reference either.

I do agree on the David Brent cod management philosophy being a small concern.

But again if only they had experienced the season upon season of rudderless direction we had under clegg et al - they have no idea what bad leadership looks like.

One thing to note is what it must be like looking into ITFC present - the incredulity that we needed 19 new signings, and that it is anyway possible to get that much change to quickly be successful. A message for some of our fans me thinks.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Brizzle City Fans, what exactly is their beef with Ashton? (n/t) on 23:58 - Sep 1 with 7719 viewsRamRob

Brizzle City Fans, what exactly is their beef with Ashton? (n/t) on 23:13 - Sep 1 by Illinoisblue

A convenient diversion away from the fact just like another big city club - cough, Norwich, cough - they’ve never achieved anything of note in their entire history.

I thought Norwich won the Mr Clutch Cup under Mike Bassett

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

They despise and are indulging in a 7 page hate fest on their forum… on 00:08 - Sep 2 with 7664 viewsWeirdFishes

It’s genuinely quite weird how seemingly obsessed they are.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Brizzle City Fans, what exactly is their beef with Ashton? (n/t) on 00:38 - Sep 2 with 7523 viewsBasingstokeBlue

They’re the nw Pompey/Wigan moaners?

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Brizzle City Fans, what exactly is their beef with Ashton? (n/t) on 00:48 - Sep 2 with 7493 viewswkj

I suspect it is something we will discover for ourselves in the future. In short, Ashton works with sustaining the books, so our best players may be sold quite regularly to finance the future of the club. I presume with Bristol, he may have been a bit too heavy on his sustainable approach.

However, over the long term, it seems to have improved them.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

They despise and are indulging in a 7 page hate fest on their forum… on 06:45 - Sep 2 with 6956 viewsChurchman

They despise and are indulging in a 7 page hate fest on their forum… on 23:46 - Sep 1 by unstableblue

Yeah I didn’t get the Russell Osman reference either.

I do agree on the David Brent cod management philosophy being a small concern.

But again if only they had experienced the season upon season of rudderless direction we had under clegg et al - they have no idea what bad leadership looks like.

One thing to note is what it must be like looking into ITFC present - the incredulity that we needed 19 new signings, and that it is anyway possible to get that much change to quickly be successful. A message for some of our fans me thinks.

The thing that becomes ever more apparent to me is just how much the club had fallen apart over many years. It’s little wonder we are where we are.

The need to tear up the squad, which it looked like Ashton challenged then agreed with, and the way in which a few people had to do all the recruitment work is scary. Add in comments by Lee, Dyer, Chambers etc and it indicates just how much there is to do to get the club moving forwards.

I still find the need to bin the whole squad, bar two or three, a bit odd. I’d love to know exactly what made Ashton agree with Cook’s view. Maybe that’ll come out in the future.

Back to Ashton’s Bristol fan club, the simple fact is that they are now an established Championship club with good facilities. Previously they were L1 with the odd venture to higher levels with an odd old fashioned ground and few supporters. Are they saying without Ashton they’d be an established PL club now? If so, they need to go easy on the booze.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 7:14]
Brizzle City Fans, what exactly is their beef with Ashton? (n/t) on 08:17 - Sep 2 with 6600 viewsSenatorBlue

Brizzle City Fans, what exactly is their beef with Ashton? (n/t) on 00:48 - Sep 2 by wkj

I suspect it is something we will discover for ourselves in the future. In short, Ashton works with sustaining the books, so our best players may be sold quite regularly to finance the future of the club. I presume with Bristol, he may have been a bit too heavy on his sustainable approach.

However, over the long term, it seems to have improved them.

Based on our previous “recruitment model” under Evans, of buy mediocrity at top price and release for nothing (bar some top exceptions in McCarthy era), I’d take the current spend moderately on what looks on paper, better quality, with a chance to recoup a tidy future fee at profit, any time.
Brizzle City Fans, what exactly is their beef with Ashton? (n/t) on 08:21 - Sep 2 with 6553 viewsMetal_Hacker

Who knows what it is and to be perfectly honest I don't really care

What he has accomplished to create the squad we have with the speed and professionalism is nothing other than outstanding

That said it's all very early days and I'm sure we'll have our beef at some point with those at the top - it's inevitable , it's football

Perhaps Bristol City fans find themselves where they thought they wouldn't be - still in the Champ as simple as that

For now I'm going to do nothing but sit back wait for our fortunes to change in terms of results and performances and enjoy the ride

Poll: If it were one or the other

They despise and are indulging in a 7 page hate fest on their forum… on 08:32 - Sep 2 with 6492 viewsSharkey

They despise and are indulging in a 7 page hate fest on their forum… on 23:31 - Sep 1 by LankHenners

Well they certainly seem well-adjusted. Reminds me of the loons on here who kept posting anti-Mick stuff long after he'd gone.

Not that I'd expect them to know the ins and outs of what's going on here but clearly quite a few of them are utterly clueless as to what's happened over the summer and why.

Not a fan of the corporate quasi-David Brent language from Ashton and sure he won't be so popular when he sells off Edwards, Harper etc. but he's done as good a job recruiting as he could and given Cook what he needs for the season.

That bit in the Guardian article about the player apologizing for his running stats is PURE David Brent.
They despise and are indulging in a 7 page hate fest on their forum… on 08:56 - Sep 2 with 6338 viewsPique

They despise and are indulging in a 7 page hate fest on their forum… on 08:32 - Sep 2 by Sharkey

That bit in the Guardian article about the player apologizing for his running stats is PURE David Brent.

‘There goes Mark Ashton. I must remember to thank him’.
Brizzle City Fans, what exactly is their beef with Ashton? (n/t) on 08:56 - Sep 2 with 6337 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Brizzle City Fans, what exactly is their beef with Ashton? (n/t) on 22:35 - Sep 1 by SitfcB

I think they’re just bitter they didn’t get promoted like they feel they should have done.

It strikes me as a strange obsession. Our CEO.
Having read that lot, I hope we go straight up and then tonk them 6-0 at Ashton Gate on day one.

Its a strange attitude from a club that were constantly at the wrong end of the table until The Lansdown's showed up.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Brizzle City Fans, what exactly is their beef with Ashton? (n/t) on 09:00 - Sep 2 with 6301 viewsEastKentBlue

We should read that with caution. Watford fans also don't have great things to say about him. Plus, we struggled with a big squad keeping everyone fit and happy and we have done the same thing again.

I personally don't think we needed to over-haul the squad as drastically as we have. However, on paper this squad should steam-roll League One...to date this isn't happening and it needs to start from Bolton at home.

If this project doesn't work, financially we are screwed - this moneyball strategy financed by a ruthless pension fund will pull the plug and we die. This makes me nervous as football is too unpredictable.
Brizzle City Fans, what exactly is their beef with Ashton? (n/t) on 09:02 - Sep 2 with 6279 viewsJackSted

Most brizzle fans also believe that Ashton only signed the players that were affiliated with his "agent mates", and has been the same with us????

But haven't most of our signings been affiliated with Cook rather than Ashton's mates lmao

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Brizzle City Fans, what exactly is their beef with Ashton? (n/t) on 09:16 - Sep 2 with 6150 viewsvanmunt

Had lots of calls when Ashton was appointed, "Has the snake ruined your club yet?" was a question asked many times... after a very poor transfer window for City when a complete refresh was needed the same as we have done hasn't materialised they have gone very very quiet.

I believe they replaced Ashton with a cricket guy and the Lansdowns seem to have their attention to the Bristol Bears and there are a lot of unhappy City fans at the moment.
Brizzle City Fans, what exactly is their beef with Ashton? (n/t) on 09:31 - Sep 2 with 6044 viewstractorboy1978

The bottom line is that your average football fan doesn't have the first clue about the ins and outs of running a professional football club. They see the club isn't doing particularly well on the pitch and create/derive opinions and aspersions from that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024