Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Option to buy 09:15 - Sep 2 with 1101 viewsBlueySwede

I saw that Sunderland brought in a couple of players on deadline day (loans), but with a deal or option to buy. Do you think we are looking to buy some of the players we have brought in?
Would love it if Walton, Bonne, Celina, Coulson would stay. Don´t mind loans, but sometimes they can feel short sighted, only developing other clubs players. Maybe all depends if we can start winning games and promotion?
Option to buy on 09:32 - Sep 2 with 985 viewsgordon

The loans are fine if they get us promoted, but pointless if they don't (and we don't sign the players).
Option to buy on 09:34 - Sep 2 with 960 viewsSaigonTractor

If (big if) we get promoted I'm 90% certain Bonne would want to stay permanently.
Option to buy on 09:37 - Sep 2 with 945 viewsBloomBlue

Probably 1 or 2 of them.
I was surprised about Walton not being a signing if you look at it without the Town emotion he is 4th choice GK at Brighton in other words he's the bench warmer for the bench warmers so possibly we have an option to buy with him. Although I think his Brighton contract ends this season so see how it goes and then get him on a free anyway at the end of the season
Option to buy on 09:39 - Sep 2 with 923 viewshomer_123

I think the four you mention are certainly possible if we go up. Long way to go as yet though.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Option to buy on 10:17 - Sep 2 with 785 viewsHighgateBlue

From the players' point of view, these guys are happy to give us a whirl for a year while we are in League 1. If they perform reasonably, they may well not be so keen to stay in L1 long term. It seems to me that promotion is a big big factor in whether they will want to stay. If we go up, I would think they would be happy to stay, especially as one would imagine we would be able to pay at least market rate on wages.

From the parent clubs' points of view, I think there is always a danger that the players pay out of their skins this year, and then either are wanted back, or have a resale value that would interest lower prem teams, but would be out of our reach.

We don't of course know the precise terms of any of the loan contracts, and it may very well be that there are options to buy in some of these deals, possibly contingent on certain conditions (for example promotion).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024