Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. 09:37 - Sep 2 with 2442 viewsOwainG1992

Cook would be manager.
Which of the new signings would have he have brought in?
I think we can at least agree the likes of Celina, Morsy, Harper, Edwards wouldn't have been attracted.
Also the transfer fees spent on the Chaplin, Edmondson, Burgess' of the world wouldn't have materialised either.
So who would have we got in?

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 09:41 - Sep 2 with 2397 viewsabracaDOBRA_

None of them.
Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 09:41 - Sep 2 with 2397 viewsOsborneOneNil

[shudder]
Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 09:52 - Sep 2 with 2342 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

How is the job hunting going?
Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 09:54 - Sep 2 with 2332 viewsThe_Realist_09

I think he joined on the premise that Marcus was securing some investment into the club. I think he hinted this in an interview somewhere and told Blue Action similar when they were protesting.

This then turned into a takeover.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 9:55]
Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 10:00 - Sep 2 with 2296 viewsTractorCam

Aluko, Burgess and Bonne i'd suspect would have been easy enough without the takeover.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 10:04 - Sep 2 with 2274 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 10:00 - Sep 2 by TractorCam

Aluko, Burgess and Bonne i'd suspect would have been easy enough without the takeover.

I doubt wed be paying fees, so I don't think Burgess would have been.
Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 11:09 - Sep 2 with 2165 viewsjayessess

I presume he promised Cook at least some resources for the Summer and I think it would've difficult for him to duck out of that. There would have been some money available and I think Downes going would likely have added to that.

I suspect we'd have seen less turnover in general and maybe we'd have decided that the likes of Clements, Ndaba, El Mizouni and Dobra would need to play a more prominent role.

But, the older out-of-contract players would still have gone, creating a bit of room on the wage bill.

I could see the move for Evans still happening, Burns, Hladky, Penney, Barry, possibly Tom Carroll but as first choice. I wonder if we'd have gone for Jacobs too.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 11:11 - Sep 2 with 2144 viewsdavblue

Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 11:09 - Sep 2 by jayessess

I presume he promised Cook at least some resources for the Summer and I think it would've difficult for him to duck out of that. There would have been some money available and I think Downes going would likely have added to that.

I suspect we'd have seen less turnover in general and maybe we'd have decided that the likes of Clements, Ndaba, El Mizouni and Dobra would need to play a more prominent role.

But, the older out-of-contract players would still have gone, creating a bit of room on the wage bill.

I could see the move for Evans still happening, Burns, Hladky, Penney, Barry, possibly Tom Carroll but as first choice. I wonder if we'd have gone for Jacobs too.

i think we would have been free transfers and loans again. I couldn't see us paying a fee for anyone under Evans.
Login to get fewer ads

Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 11:17 - Sep 2 with 2111 viewsChurchman

Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 10:04 - Sep 2 by abracaDOBRA_

I doubt wed be paying fees, so I don't think Burgess would have been.

Aluko maybe, but Bonne and Burgess would have gone elsewhere.

Jimmy Bullard might have been up for a pension refill and of course a good number of the lads slumbering at Colchester would still be here.
Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 11:22 - Sep 2 with 2077 viewsSuperblue95

Penney as a cheap punt maybe. Bonne on loan at a push.

None of the others in a million years.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 11:26 - Sep 2 with 2060 viewsitfctilidie

We would have probably looked to sign Dorchester Towns leading scorer to partner Hawkins up top, with Aluko wheeled out as the Marquee signing. Skuse, Chambers and Sears all offered 3 year deals and the only cash signing would be Ellison from Newport
Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 11:47 - Sep 2 with 2000 viewsHighgateBlue

Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 11:26 - Sep 2 by itfctilidie

We would have probably looked to sign Dorchester Towns leading scorer to partner Hawkins up top, with Aluko wheeled out as the Marquee signing. Skuse, Chambers and Sears all offered 3 year deals and the only cash signing would be Ellison from Newport

To be fair, on paper, Aluko is a really good signing at this level, albeit one who is not one for the future.

The fact that he is an amusing marquee signing is a sign partly of how unfortunate his debut was for us, but mainly a sign of how strong our performance has been in the transfer market over this window. I really really hope Cook can bring them together as a unit. Every chance he can.
Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 11:57 - Sep 2 with 1953 viewsitfctilidie

Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 11:47 - Sep 2 by HighgateBlue

To be fair, on paper, Aluko is a really good signing at this level, albeit one who is not one for the future.

The fact that he is an amusing marquee signing is a sign partly of how unfortunate his debut was for us, but mainly a sign of how strong our performance has been in the transfer market over this window. I really really hope Cook can bring them together as a unit. Every chance he can.

On paper Aluko would have been a good signing 5 years ago, which is peak Evans transfer business.

Hopefully I am wrong but to me he looks well past it -- even in the Wimbledon game when he came on his positioning was poor add that to his debut where not one thing come off for him.

If Cook gets these signings together, which I believe he will, we will have a great season
Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 12:45 - Sep 2 with 1876 viewsElephantintheRoom

I doubt Cook would be manager - he was parachuted in by the debt pedallers. I suspect there would have been some Ipswich players playing for the club - and without Cook's disastrous intervention last season perhaps Lambo would have been buying a few free drinks and buss passes for a play off game last season. Probably not though.

This season? Slightlly North of the relegation zone and 'in touch with the play offs' perhaps

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 13:28 - Sep 3 with 1667 viewsChurchman

Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 12:45 - Sep 2 by ElephantintheRoom

I doubt Cook would be manager - he was parachuted in by the debt pedallers. I suspect there would have been some Ipswich players playing for the club - and without Cook's disastrous intervention last season perhaps Lambo would have been buying a few free drinks and buss passes for a play off game last season. Probably not though.

This season? Slightlly North of the relegation zone and 'in touch with the play offs' perhaps

I’m glad you’ve reintroduced the debt peddler line. Now that’s there woven in to your unrelenting negativity, all’s right with the world.
Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 14:13 - Sep 3 with 1601 viewsEwan_Oozami

Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 12:45 - Sep 2 by ElephantintheRoom

It's "EeyoreintheRoom, isn't it?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 14:20 - Sep 3 with 1583 viewsIpswichKnight

Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 09:41 - Sep 2 by OsborneOneNil

[shudder]

This! Now let’s never think about the unrelenting Nuclear winter we’d be in if Evans was still here.
Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 15:22 - Sep 3 with 1496 viewspositivity

Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 14:13 - Sep 3 by Ewan_Oozami

It's "EeyoreintheRoom, isn't it?

sounds too miserable to have a room. EeyoreinaRainstorm? EeyoreinaTomb?

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 16:25 - Sep 3 with 1433 viewsBlueandTruesince82

We'd have the col u 1st team plus maybe Bonne on loan

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 18:02 - Sep 3 with 1351 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We would have turned down bids for Bishop, Dozzell and Downes. Perhaps we would have had a lot more points!

Don't get me wrong, I am pleased with the current direction of travel (although not the present points tally).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 19:15 - Sep 3 with 1293 viewsChurchman

Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 18:02 - Sep 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

We would have turned down bids for Bishop, Dozzell and Downes. Perhaps we would have had a lot more points!

Don't get me wrong, I am pleased with the current direction of travel (although not the present points tally).

Bishop maybe.

Given Dozzell had a release clause and Downes wanted away a year ago, how would we have retained them?
Alternate universe with Evans still in charge. on 00:51 - Sep 4 with 1153 viewsistanblue

Callum Page. Aluko if he had no other offers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024