Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another Damning Comment on the Evans Era....... 13:12 - Sep 2 with 2938 viewsghostofescobar

From the EADT interview with MA: “But we have no recruitment department. We have no objective or subjective recruitment department." It just makes me wince, and sad to see what that man got away with. As my old dad used to like saying, next time I meet that man I'd like to shake him warmly by the throat!

GhostOfEscobar

Another Damning Comment on the Evans Era....... on 18:36 - Sep 2 with 330 viewsMattinLondon

Another Damning Comment on the Evans Era....... on 18:26 - Sep 2 by chicoazul

Not sure they’re vital. Do you need a team of 5 analysts to know Chaplin Celina and Bonne are good but Skuse is past it? I think a couple of scouts in the Championship and sure, a team of them in the Prem, but L1? Dunno.

England is relatively small, but if you want to scout properly you’ll need more than two scouts to cover it properly. And then in the championship you’ll need to cover Europe properly and then the world if you make the PL.

I can see why some of the bigger clubs have plenty of analysts and scouts. I guess if we’re serious about promotion the club may well looking ahead to next season to ascertain viable options.
Another Damning Comment on the Evans Era....... on 22:24 - Sep 2 with 248 viewsHARRY10

Funny how everyone knew Evans was a 'wong 'un', and there were no one on here telling us that we should be grateful for having him - as he was 'pumping money into the club'. Around £10m a week I believe was the figure.

Odd how it was never explained where that supposed largesse actually went. Certainly not on the squad, as although there were consistent claims that the squad was the strongest in the league, many have since tumbled into L2 with only a couple moving to the Championship.

Perhaps all that money supposedly being pumped in was directed towards the maintenance and repair of the stadium - or the state of the art pitch. Or perhaps the club rather overspent on staffing levels at the bar and turnstiles.

However, for the moment my suggestion to Mr Ashton would be to focus on results, and rather than tell us what was wrong with the club before. And ensure that the current recruitment department do more than just thumb through Paul Cooks address book, and not sign a keeper that had to be replaced a few games in either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024