Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs 17:05 - Sep 3 with 7377 viewsDigger77

Glad I won't have to take up that fight with the school now!
12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:06 - Sep 3 with 2791 viewsDanTheMan

Why, if it was recommended, would you take up the fight with the school?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:07 - Sep 3 with 2783 viewsDigger77

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:06 - Sep 3 by DanTheMan

Why, if it was recommended, would you take up the fight with the school?

Because I had already come to the same conclusion as the JCVI.
12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:08 - Sep 3 with 2781 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Fight with the school? The school would administer them to those students whose parent/guardians had signed their consent forms. How is that a "fight" with the school?

It is noteworthy that the JCVI advise that the small risk of the jabs is possibly worth it for the overall benefit to the vulnerable while the Government's advisers have yet to decide whether to consider the risk to the vulnerable in society as the overwhelming consideration.

EDITED as misrepresented what I had been led to believe the Government's position to be.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 20:22]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:08 - Sep 3 with 2781 viewsBlueBadger

Why would you not want to protect your children from an easily preventable disease with a 1 in 10 chance of long-term health problems that include neurological issues, clotting derangement and respiratory impairment and a 1 in a 100 chance of death?
[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 17:38]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:09 - Sep 3 with 2756 viewsBlueBadger

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:07 - Sep 3 by Digger77

Yeah, you come across like a fully qualified virologist.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 17:23]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:10 - Sep 3 with 2759 viewsDanTheMan

That does not answer my question.

If your conclusion was at odds with the JCVI, why would you take up your issue with the school (who wouldn't even be involved) and not the Government?

Also what would your credentials be that means that your opinion holds more weight than that of the committee?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:11 - Sep 3 with 2743 viewsBlueBadger

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:08 - Sep 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

Fight with the school? The school would administer them to those students whose parent/guardians had signed their consent forms. How is that a "fight" with the school?

It is noteworthy that the JCVI advise that the small risk of the jabs is possibly worth it for the overall benefit to the vulnerable while the Government's advisers have yet to decide whether to consider the risk to the vulnerable in society as the overwhelming consideration.

EDITED as misrepresented what I had been led to believe the Government's position to be.

Interestingly enough, the 12-15 year group can, if deemed sufficiently mature and competent consent, to their own treatment

I've heard tell of more than one sensible 14 year old gettng appropriate treatment against the wish of stupid, irresponsible parents.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/consent-to-treatment/children/
[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 17:55]

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:18 - Sep 3 with 2719 viewsDigger77

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:08 - Sep 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

I don't think my kids have a duty to protect you. Not from something which they have zero chance of dying from themselves.

If not having a jab ment less opportunity at school, I'd have had a problem with that. I'm just pleased it's no longer even a consideration to be honest.
Login to get fewer ads

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:18 - Sep 3 with 2718 viewsEastTownBlue

Are you suggesting that the JCVI see the same YouTube videos and Facebook sites that you do ?
12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:20 - Sep 3 with 2695 viewsJ2BLUE

You've posted that purely to try and get a reaction which is a bit odd.

Leveraging your kids to score points on the internet. Nice.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:20 - Sep 3 with 2686 viewsWD19

My 13 year old had hers a couple of weeks ago.
12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:21 - Sep 3 with 2677 viewsGeoffSentence

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:18 - Sep 3 by Digger77

I don't think my kids have a duty to protect you. Not from something which they have zero chance of dying from themselves.

If not having a jab ment less opportunity at school, I'd have had a problem with that. I'm just pleased it's no longer even a consideration to be honest.

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs by BlueBadger 3 Sep 2021 17:08
Why would you not want to protect your children from an easily preventable disease with a 1 in 10 chance of long-term health problems that include neurological issues, clotting derangement and respiratory impairment and a 1 in a 100 chance of death?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:22 - Sep 3 with 2677 viewsBlueBadger

Ah, so it's because not only are YOU selfish and stupid, you're raising your kids to be the same.

And because you're a tragic edgelord desperately seeking attention.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 17:22]

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:24 - Sep 3 with 2659 viewsDigger77

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:18 - Sep 3 by EastTownBlue

Are you suggesting that the JCVI see the same YouTube videos and Facebook sites that you do ?

I'm not anti vax... I'm double jabbed myself. I'm happy to be part of the trial, but not the kids.
12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:25 - Sep 3 with 2642 viewsNthQldITFC

I'm sure they'll be relieved to know that you have validated their work.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:25 - Sep 3 with 2637 viewsDigger77

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:20 - Sep 3 by J2BLUE

You've posted that purely to try and get a reaction which is a bit odd.

Leveraging your kids to score points on the internet. Nice.

It's front page news on the BBC.

Er, sorry.
12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:26 - Sep 3 with 2627 viewsBlueBadger

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:24 - Sep 3 by Digger77

I'm not anti vax... I'm double jabbed myself. I'm happy to be part of the trial, but not the kids.

The trials were over a year ago now, but let's not bring facts into this.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 17:52]

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:26 - Sep 3 with 2624 viewsBlueBadger

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:25 - Sep 3 by Digger77

It's front page news on the BBC.

Er, sorry.

Your kids are on BBC news?

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:27 - Sep 3 with 2624 viewsDigger77

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:25 - Sep 3 by NthQldITFC

I'm sure they'll be relieved to know that you have validated their work.

More like they have validated mine!
12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:30 - Sep 3 with 2600 viewsBlueBadger

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:27 - Sep 3 by Digger77

More like they have validated mine!

I already knew they were incompetent but I'm pretty sure that even our government wouldn't stoop to citing someone who's done some Youtube Research.

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:31 - Sep 3 with 2607 viewsPinewoodblue

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:22 - Sep 3 by BlueBadger

Ah, so it's because not only are YOU selfish and stupid, you're raising your kids to be the same.

And because you're a tragic edgelord desperately seeking attention.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 17:22]

They have reached the conclusion vaccination isn’t justified solely on medical grounds. When the potential impact on a 12-15 yr old education is taken into account, I suspect it will be decided that they should be vaccinated.

Which seems a reasonable decision to make. It is possible of course that Boris will use his own judgement and vaccinate any way, regardless of the advice.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:32 - Sep 3 with 2584 viewsBlueBadger

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:31 - Sep 3 by Pinewoodblue

They have reached the conclusion vaccination isn’t justified solely on medical grounds. When the potential impact on a 12-15 yr old education is taken into account, I suspect it will be decided that they should be vaccinated.

Which seems a reasonable decision to make. It is possible of course that Boris will use his own judgement and vaccinate any way, regardless of the advice.

Pffft, he's got to remember his kids' names and where they live first.

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:34 - Sep 3 with 2575 viewsNorfolkBlue1

Anyone giving their child it needs to give their head a wobble
12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:35 - Sep 3 with 2556 viewsBlueBadger

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:34 - Sep 3 by NorfolkBlue1

Ah, it's Edgelord Friday I see.

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:37 - Sep 3 with 2550 viewsDigger77

12 - 15 year olds not recommended Covid jabs on 17:34 - Sep 3 by NorfolkBlue1

Unless in the high risk groups, then you have to weigh it up I guess!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024