Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Greyhound 07:40 - Sep 4 with 1686 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Took a trip to the Greyhound for a spot of food before the flicks last night after seeing it spouted everywhere as a good spot for grub.

Decidedly unimpressed to be honest which disappointed me.

Is there any other similar establishments serving a similar offering which I should try?
[Post edited 4 Sep 2021 7:41]
Greyhound on 08:40 - Sep 4 with 1520 viewsthebooks

The Arboretum is about 30s away from The Greyhound and does similarish food. It’s not bad.
Greyhound on 09:02 - Sep 4 with 1470 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Greyhound on 08:40 - Sep 4 by thebooks

The Arboretum is about 30s away from The Greyhound and does similarish food. It’s not bad.

Was that the place further down the hill? That was packed out before and after I left the Greyhound and sounds like a good shout, thanks.
Greyhound on 11:39 - Sep 4 with 1243 viewsstringy

I was there (Greyhound) last night too; I'm a fanboy for the place, so biased - that said, I think there's a significant difference in quality between their general menu (recently I've had the spicy bean burger, also the veggie nachos from that list and they were 'ok'), versus the specials menu which can be first rate (wife had the gnocci last night which was ace).

Never had a bad meal there (my footy chums admit that while the place is expensive the food is almost always worth it), though as I said, the generic menu can be a bit 'meh' (cheaper but...)
Greyhound on 12:35 - Sep 4 with 1147 viewseastangliaisblue

I had a meal there a few weeks ago, went for the Duck breast. Sorry to say it was average at best. The wife was disappointed with her meal as well.
Greyhound on 13:59 - Sep 4 with 1028 viewsIllinoisblue

What did you order and what was wrong with it?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Greyhound on 14:15 - Sep 4 with 984 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Greyhound on 13:59 - Sep 4 by Illinoisblue

What did you order and what was wrong with it?

I ordered the steak pie. The mash was boderline Metal Robot Smash, it was that bad.

Staff nice enough but took close on 30 mins between sitting down and they being prompted by us to actually take an order.

Looks like a nice spot in the garden for a pre match pint but the food was not worth the travel (40 mins) for me.
Greyhound on 14:16 - Sep 4 with 979 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Greyhound on 11:39 - Sep 4 by stringy

I was there (Greyhound) last night too; I'm a fanboy for the place, so biased - that said, I think there's a significant difference in quality between their general menu (recently I've had the spicy bean burger, also the veggie nachos from that list and they were 'ok'), versus the specials menu which can be first rate (wife had the gnocci last night which was ace).

Never had a bad meal there (my footy chums admit that while the place is expensive the food is almost always worth it), though as I said, the generic menu can be a bit 'meh' (cheaper but...)

That's a good comment. Perhaps the specials are made with fresher ingredients or more care but there was nothing going that tickled these taste buds.
Greyhound on 16:13 - Sep 4 with 788 viewsSwailsey

Greyhound on 08:40 - Sep 4 by thebooks

100,000x this!

The Arbor House (as it’s now called) is amazing for food. Similar vibe to the Woolpack but better IMO.

It’s become a sort of local now.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024