Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
September 12:22 - Sep 4 with 817 viewsmuccletonjoe

And now all the players are safely gathered in, shall we start harvesting some points ?
I think the answer to that question is if we can retain pocession and control games for longer periods , then the wins will be achieved.
Morsy will almost certainly now become the main director of operations on the field, albeit , not for another 3 games. Meantime we most probably will be welcoming Edmundson into the fold, along with a very impressive debut from Coulson and Burgess being one of the first ones to settle into itfc life. The signs are good that, an injury free run should produce some long awaited clean sheets.
The addition of Celina to an already potent attacking threat , will , I feel, ensure the goals for column keeps ticking over. Particularly if Bonne can use the 2 week break to recover from, what is said to be a minor knock.
All in all, I predict we shall enter October in much better spirits, if still some way of the pace in the division one table.
September on 12:48 - Sep 4 with 760 viewsIllinoisblue

If Morsy is as advertised then that should go a long way to making us less fragile, less open and less naive. I’m still reeling from the last ten minutes of that Wimbledon game and the way we buckled and folded. Not just the stupid goal we gave away but how we were completely unable to get the ball, settle it and control the threat. Agree it’ll be a while before it al clicks. But we can’t keep saying “this game's huge, we have to win” that has to stop and soon.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

September on 09:42 - Sep 5 with 574 viewsFrankfurtBlue

The new players will certainly help, but it is not just individual errors that have cost us points so far.

There have been a number of factors. Our central midfield seems to run out of steam, and has not always been helped by the substitutions made. We almost invite opponents onto us by playing so deep, whenever we want to protect a lead. We do not seem very well organised and match-prepared when defending, especially set pieces,. Simple things, like marking opponents, doesn't always happen. Some of that is no doubt down to individuals not concentrating, but presumably they also need to be better organised and prepared by the coaching staff. Our tackling needs to improve, with Evans and Wolfenden springing to mind as major culprits. Again, something that the coaching staff need to identify and resolve. Hladky seems rooted to his line, with presumably no or little coaching/direction in relieving the pressure by getting a punch on stuff in his 6 yard box. Many of our opponents seem well prepared to tactically foul us to stop a break, but we never seem prepared to do the same.

Hopefully, with the free weekend, some of the above problems might have been targeted for extra training, and in future we are defensively better prepared for our opponents. It cannot be difficult with all the technology today to pinpoint opponents' strengths and prepare for them.

With so many good players now at the club, it would be easy to fall into the frame of mind that the players alone will resolve the issues. However, the coaching staff have to prove that they are also up to their jobs. As far as I am concerned, the jury is still out on that last point.
September on 09:55 - Sep 5 with 558 viewsunstableblue

September on 12:48 - Sep 4 by Illinoisblue

If Morsy is as advertised then that should go a long way to making us less fragile, less open and less naive. I’m still reeling from the last ten minutes of that Wimbledon game and the way we buckled and folded. Not just the stupid goal we gave away but how we were completely unable to get the ball, settle it and control the threat. Agree it’ll be a while before it al clicks. But we can’t keep saying “this game's huge, we have to win” that has to stop and soon.

Good post

I’m with you on the Wimbledon collapse

I think we buckled in part due to confidence and a touch of fear…. We’d already capitulated a few times to give away points in previous games… and the players lost their heads. Self fulfilling prophecy!

We went deep and indeed it was an Edwards tackle edge of our box - tracking back - that handed them the set piece.

Have to stop giving away dangerous set-pieces, especially in this league.

Is Bolton now a must win game?? Or do we kick the can down the road to the LIncoln game??

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

September on 08:49 - Oct 1 with 362 viewsmuccletonjoe

I will get my crystal ball out for October
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024