Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The new Luke Chambers 17:07 - Sep 4 with 4448 viewsMullet

Clearly we could do with one and Morsy speaks well enough, has done a bit of homework on the players he doesn’t know etc. If he can be as consistent and unifying as Chambers was for the manager we might be ok.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The new Luke Chambers on 17:26 - Sep 4 with 3804 viewsGarv

I'm not sure he's a Luke Chambers replacement, he didn't really want to come by all accounts, and even by watching that interview you can tell.

While I get it's natural, I never really like hearing that players have only joined a club for the manager. As a lot of people are saying, if Cook keeps up the current form or simply doesn't promote us, he'll be gone. What will Morsy do then?

Not a negative post, just making a point. I've never seen him but he sounds like the real deal for where we are and is definitely the type of player we needed.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

The new Luke Chambers on 18:26 - Sep 4 with 3531 viewsDubtractor

He says that immediate promotion is the aim. Someone needs to tell him that improved performances at the end of the season would be fine.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The new Luke Chambers on 19:22 - Sep 4 with 3259 viewsJ2BLUE

The new Luke Chambers on 18:26 - Sep 4 by Dubtractor

He says that immediate promotion is the aim. Someone needs to tell him that improved performances at the end of the season would be fine.

This is getting a bit old now. Cook has been poor so far but he has zero excuse with this squad. If he fails this season I don't think there will be many defending him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The new Luke Chambers on 20:02 - Sep 4 with 3103 viewsMattinLondon

The new Luke Chambers on 19:22 - Sep 4 by J2BLUE

This is getting a bit old now. Cook has been poor so far but he has zero excuse with this squad. If he fails this season I don't think there will be many defending him.

I don’t understand why some on here state that they’ll be satisfied with finishing top six or simply with better football.

Automatic promotion should be the aim, with promotion via the playoffs the absolute minimum.
The new Luke Chambers on 20:10 - Sep 4 with 3069 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The new Luke Chambers on 17:26 - Sep 4 by Garv

I'm not sure he's a Luke Chambers replacement, he didn't really want to come by all accounts, and even by watching that interview you can tell.

While I get it's natural, I never really like hearing that players have only joined a club for the manager. As a lot of people are saying, if Cook keeps up the current form or simply doesn't promote us, he'll be gone. What will Morsy do then?

Not a negative post, just making a point. I've never seen him but he sounds like the real deal for where we are and is definitely the type of player we needed.

That's some take.

I took it as he doesn't want to be playing in League 1 and it was only the draw of Cook that has brought him here because he believes in Cook's ability to get us up.

If Cook were to go, his resolution to stay or move on would depend on the new manager's ability to turn around something that would clearly not be going in the direction Morsy clearly wants for himself.

I think it is more a case of he doesn't want to play for any team in League 1 but is more than happy to do so if it means he is playing for Town in the Championship in slightly over 11 months.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The new Luke Chambers on 20:50 - Sep 4 with 2902 viewsBlueBadger

The new Luke Chambers on 20:02 - Sep 4 by MattinLondon

I don’t understand why some on here state that they’ll be satisfied with finishing top six or simply with better football.

Automatic promotion should be the aim, with promotion via the playoffs the absolute minimum.

Weirdly, it often those who used to decry mid table in the Championship as sufficiently lacking in ambition who do this. I don't get it, this division is dreadful. The football is mostly awful, the referring atrocious and it was entirely avoidable that we've ended up up here.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The new Luke Chambers on 20:50 - Sep 4 with 2905 viewsGarv

It's not difficult to understand, with respect.

When you've had 10+ years of finishing mid table or worse and genuinely not enjoying going to see your team, any kind of positive season i.e being in the fight for success/promotion, and winning more than losing...is a 'good' thing.

The new Luke Chambers on 20:52 - Sep 4 with 2893 viewsJ2BLUE

The new Luke Chambers on 20:50 - Sep 4 by Garv

It's not difficult to understand, with respect.

When you've had 10+ years of finishing mid table or worse and genuinely not enjoying going to see your team, any kind of positive season i.e being in the fight for success/promotion, and winning more than losing...is a 'good' thing.

Haven't you had enough of low standards?

This squad should be getting promoted.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

The new Luke Chambers on 21:39 - Sep 4 with 2748 viewsGarv

The new Luke Chambers on 20:52 - Sep 4 by J2BLUE

Haven't you had enough of low standards?

This squad should be getting promoted.

Agreed, but that doesn't change the fact that some will be happy to see us have a positive season, whether that means promotion or not.

The new Luke Chambers on 22:28 - Sep 4 with 2582 viewsJ2BLUE

The new Luke Chambers on 21:39 - Sep 4 by Garv

Agreed, but that doesn't change the fact that some will be happy to see us have a positive season, whether that means promotion or not.

Each to their own but I can't understand how anything but promotion can be considered positive for a club of our size. Obviously that also applies for 2-3 other clubs in this division.

Truly impaired.

The new Luke Chambers on 22:45 - Sep 4 with 2520 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The new Luke Chambers on 22:28 - Sep 4 by J2BLUE

Each to their own but I can't understand how anything but promotion can be considered positive for a club of our size. Obviously that also applies for 2-3 other clubs in this division.

I would say it applies to us, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Sheffield Wednesday and Rotherham leaving at least two of us disappointed.

There are arguments that Wycombe, Oxford, MK Dons, Charlton and Lincoln would feel the same as well.

Certainly won't be easy but we should not be looking at promotion over the next few seasons as a target. We should be aiming for it as soon as possible while clearly building for the longer term.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The new Luke Chambers on 00:54 - Sep 5 with 2288 viewsEireannach_gorm

What's his fist pump like?
The new Luke Chambers on 06:33 - Sep 5 with 2143 viewsstopmoaning

The new chambers? I hope not, I hope he’s a better player.
The new Luke Chambers on 09:26 - Sep 5 with 1871 viewsunstableblue

I think Mullets helpful recent poll gave a good view of what the board thinks

50% approx expect as a minimum requirement for success - automatic promotion - which is high, and understandable given our squad strength, I.e. 2 x 11 good players

Only 7% hope to just be winning

The remainder are talking play-offs

For me our aim has to be automatic; minimum requirement for success is play-offs and by that hopefully promotion through that route.

Reason why play-offs is simple: Bedding in 19 players and keeping them happy is a tall order, neutrals looking in at our situation think it’s incredibly hard/impossible . More importantly is our competition Wigan, Sunderland, Pompey, Sheff Weds, Rotherham…. Perhaps other clubs like Oxford, Lincoln…. Add in that teams like Wimbledon, Morecombe are nicking points off supposed bigger clubs. It’s a difficult league to get out of. We’re 9 points off Sunderland already, same games played.

We just need to get wins on the board, but we now enter a harder run of games, and with our hopeful catalyst Morsy banned.

Wins will come from the players, fans, performance teams and most importantly Cook. It hasn’t clicked for Cook yet… yes he’s been let down by individual errors… but I’m not sure the system has yet settled, defensive solidity is not there.

Get the system right, settle the large number of #1 players, and then our superior players could carry us a long way.

Need to start winning. Or the gap will increases to a harder much of opposition teams and the pressure /squad-harmony-challenges also increases.

Hold on to your hats people!!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

The new Luke Chambers on 09:30 - Sep 5 with 1860 viewskpblues

The new Luke Chambers on 06:33 - Sep 5 by stopmoaning

The new chambers? I hope not, I hope he’s a better player.

I also hope he's a much better captain than Chambers.

As a blocker Chambers did a good job as last year's defence was pretty solid but as a captain he was our leader during the club's worst period so hardly inspirational.
His distribution was atrocious and the football was the worst in the clubs history.
After games enjoyment was missing whether we had won or lost. Supporters on the way home would discuss their week's activities rather than the match they had just watched.
Hardly surprising attendances went down to 12K.

Now I am thoroughly enjoying the new brand of football.
It's a roller coaster and the results have yet to come but it's so very much better than the dross we have been subject to for the last decade.

I suggest those that miss Chambers captainship and Skuse sideways passes go down the road to Colchester.

Back here we are on the edge of something special.
The North stand is already revving up the engines.
It's time to get Portman Road rocking again.

Come on you blues !

Poll: Do you want Ipswich to be a city?

The new Luke Chambers on 09:53 - Sep 5 with 1791 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The new Luke Chambers on 09:30 - Sep 5 by kpblues

I also hope he's a much better captain than Chambers.

As a blocker Chambers did a good job as last year's defence was pretty solid but as a captain he was our leader during the club's worst period so hardly inspirational.
His distribution was atrocious and the football was the worst in the clubs history.
After games enjoyment was missing whether we had won or lost. Supporters on the way home would discuss their week's activities rather than the match they had just watched.
Hardly surprising attendances went down to 12K.

Now I am thoroughly enjoying the new brand of football.
It's a roller coaster and the results have yet to come but it's so very much better than the dross we have been subject to for the last decade.

I suggest those that miss Chambers captainship and Skuse sideways passes go down the road to Colchester.

Back here we are on the edge of something special.
The North stand is already revving up the engines.
It's time to get Portman Road rocking again.

Come on you blues !

Another hot take! How the F is it Chambers' fault we signed a load of dross?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

The new Luke Chambers on 09:57 - Sep 5 with 1766 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The new Luke Chambers on 22:28 - Sep 4 by J2BLUE

I can't understand how some posters think it should be that simple/straightforward, regardless of the size of our club.

I also can't understand how you think if we don't end up promoted there can be ZERO positives.

The new Luke Chambers on 10:00 - Sep 5 with 1766 viewsjayessess

I always think the Chambers as "unifying influence" is a really odd one. He was obviously a very good professional, well-regarded by everyone at the club, a great trainer with a great attitude who always did his best. But on the pitch he was a pretty quiet presence and played for some of the most brittle, disunited Ipswich teams in history. Not his fault, per se, but I don't think it speaks to him being this big unifying character he's often painted as (and that some claim we are "missing" right now). Just a good pro who did his job.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2021 10:03]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The new Luke Chambers on 11:05 - Sep 5 with 1652 viewsSimonds92

The new Luke Chambers on 10:00 - Sep 5 by jayessess

I always think the Chambers as "unifying influence" is a really odd one. He was obviously a very good professional, well-regarded by everyone at the club, a great trainer with a great attitude who always did his best. But on the pitch he was a pretty quiet presence and played for some of the most brittle, disunited Ipswich teams in history. Not his fault, per se, but I don't think it speaks to him being this big unifying character he's often painted as (and that some claim we are "missing" right now). Just a good pro who did his job.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2021 10:03]

Based on the amount of messages he got from players who have played for us and moved on a while ago saying 'my skipper' or similar and the level of respect they all seem to have for him, i would say he was an extremely good captain.
The new Luke Chambers on 11:07 - Sep 5 with 1644 viewsSimonds92

The new Luke Chambers on 17:26 - Sep 4 by Garv

Im not sure why this has been downvoted. I don't think we've ever signed a player more open about the fact he doesn't really want to be here!
The new Luke Chambers on 11:25 - Sep 5 with 1603 viewschrismakin

The new Luke Chambers on 11:07 - Sep 5 by Simonds92

Im not sure why this has been downvoted. I don't think we've ever signed a player more open about the fact he doesn't really want to be here!

If he really didn't want to be here he wouldn't have signed a contract. He wasn't forced.

Does that mean he wouldn't have preferred to stay at Boro? No.

I like the fact he was willing to stay and fight for the shirt despite them signing another midfielder. But if the club have made it obvious they want you Gone. Then he can't be blamed for moving on.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

The new Luke Chambers on 11:42 - Sep 5 with 1564 viewsjayessess

The new Luke Chambers on 11:05 - Sep 5 by Simonds92

Based on the amount of messages he got from players who have played for us and moved on a while ago saying 'my skipper' or similar and the level of respect they all seem to have for him, i would say he was an extremely good captain.

Both things can be true, can't they? Someone can be a well-respected and well-liked figure round the club, without being this big driving force that pulls the club together.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The new Luke Chambers on 13:11 - Sep 5 with 1434 viewsSimonds92

The new Luke Chambers on 11:42 - Sep 5 by jayessess

Both things can be true, can't they? Someone can be a well-respected and well-liked figure round the club, without being this big driving force that pulls the club together.

I think if you look at all those 'My Best XI' articles KD did in the middle of lockdown, anyone that played with him had Chambers in there for his abilities as a captain not as a footballer, even Kieron himself.
The new Luke Chambers on 13:13 - Sep 5 with 1420 viewsJ2BLUE

The new Luke Chambers on 09:57 - Sep 5 by The_Flashing_Smile

I can't understand how some posters think it should be that simple/straightforward, regardless of the size of our club.

I also can't understand how you think if we don't end up promoted there can be ZERO positives.

Because our squad is ridiculous for this level. If Cook doesn't get us up with that squad then he has failed.

Pretty simple stuff really. Write down your first eleven and bench from our squad. Then see who you have left over and then come back with a straight face and tell me anything but promotion is acceptable.

Truly impaired.

The new Luke Chambers on 13:44 - Sep 5 with 1370 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The new Luke Chambers on 13:13 - Sep 5 by J2BLUE

Because our squad is ridiculous for this level. If Cook doesn't get us up with that squad then he has failed.

Pretty simple stuff really. Write down your first eleven and bench from our squad. Then see who you have left over and then come back with a straight face and tell me anything but promotion is acceptable.

I'm not doing this again. If you can't see a scenario where there can be positives but we don't actually get promoted (you know, because there are other teams that also believe they should get promoted) then there's no point me saying anything.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024