Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! 13:50 - Sep 5 with 4099 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Moving there next week and just discovered there are certain properties where you can't apply for a parking permit - and mine is one. So where the F am I supposed to put my car, Islington Council?! (I know about 50% of people reading this are itching to say Gatwick).

I've applied to rent a garage but until that comes through, not sure what I'm supposed to do. Anyone know of a place even vaguely near Islington where parking permits aren't required? Or even better, anyone live in the area with a spare space on their drive for a couple of weeks? Bit of a long shot I know.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 13:57 - Sep 5 with 2241 viewsgiant_stow

I was born and bred there, but too out of touch now. All I can suggest is ask around estates with those garages as someone might rent one privately if its empty.

Which bit are you moving to? I'm a little jealous! Was there for a party last night and it's still got it, even if it is becoming a little full of bankers

Edit: there are some light industry workshop places either side of the top of Caledonian Road- could try those.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2021 14:00]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:02 - Sep 5 with 2207 viewsWD19

At moments like these, you need to ask yourself “What would Jeremy Corbyn do?”
Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:03 - Sep 5 with 2207 viewsgtsb1966

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 13:57 - Sep 5 by giant_stow

I was born and bred there, but too out of touch now. All I can suggest is ask around estates with those garages as someone might rent one privately if its empty.

Which bit are you moving to? I'm a little jealous! Was there for a party last night and it's still got it, even if it is becoming a little full of bankers

Edit: there are some light industry workshop places either side of the top of Caledonian Road- could try those.

You was born and bred in London but decided to align yourself with a load of slack jawed yokels. The mind boggles.
Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:03 - Sep 5 with 2202 viewshoppy

Can’t you just move every couple of hours between supermarket car parks?

Otherwise, how often do you use the car? Might be a case of having to street park it as close as you’re able to get, until you manage to rent a garage.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:05 - Sep 5 with 2196 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:03 - Sep 5 by gtsb1966

You was born and bred in London but decided to align yourself with a load of slack jawed yokels. The mind boggles.

Everyone else we're arsenal fans and I had to be different. One of the worst decisions of my life really.

Dolly, there this too, but it looks bit pricey https://www.justpark.com/uk/parking/islington/?countryCode=uk/

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:06 - Sep 5 with 2193 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:03 - Sep 5 by hoppy

Otherwise, how often do you use the car? Might be a case of having to street park it as close as you’re able to get, until you manage to rent a garage.

That's what I'm trying to do (the second bit) but everywhere's permit only on the streets. So yeah, hoping someone knows somewhere that's permit free, even if it's a bit of a trek.

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:07 - Sep 5 with 2186 viewshoppy

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:05 - Sep 5 by giant_stow

Everyone else we're arsenal fans and I had to be different. One of the worst decisions of my life really.

Dolly, there this too, but it looks bit pricey https://www.justpark.com/uk/parking/islington/?countryCode=uk/

So completely random, or have you got a bit of Norfolk in you?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:08 - Sep 5 with 2174 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:07 - Sep 5 by hoppy

So completely random, or have you got a bit of Norfolk in you?

No, no family ties - they're all West Country.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:09 - Sep 5 with 2166 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:06 - Sep 5 by The_Flashing_Smile

That's what I'm trying to do (the second bit) but everywhere's permit only on the streets. So yeah, hoping someone knows somewhere that's permit free, even if it's a bit of a trek.

You might have to go right to the outskirts for free street parking. Even Walthamstow is totally permitted up now.

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:09 - Sep 5 with 2168 viewsFixed_It

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:03 - Sep 5 by hoppy

Yeah - it's not as if a Nissan Micra takes up much room is it?!
[Post edited 5 Sep 2021 14:10]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:19 - Sep 5 with 2124 viewsSteve_M

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:09 - Sep 5 by giant_stow

You might have to go right to the outskirts for free street parking. Even Walthamstow is totally permitted up now.

Yes, pretty much everywhere around Islington and into Camden is all permits for anything over a few hours.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:40 - Sep 5 with 2064 viewsFixed_It

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:08 - Sep 5 by giant_stow

No, no family ties - they're all West Country.

WT actual F were you thinking?!?!

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:45 - Sep 5 with 2042 viewsBent_double

Have a look on here:

https://www.yourparkingspace.co.uk/

Might cost you a bit though until the garage comes through.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:46 - Sep 5 with 2039 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:40 - Sep 5 by Fixed_It

WT actual F were you thinking?!?!

The colours appealed to 8 year old me.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2021 14:47]

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:54 - Sep 5 with 2016 viewsgtsb1966

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:46 - Sep 5 by giant_stow

I hope your parents sought help. WORST FOOTBALL KITS (@badfootykits) Tweeted: Norwich City kit 1992.They say it looks like vomit, you never really get that thought out of your head. http://t.co/nVoJesGZ6m
[Post edited 5 Sep 2021 14:59]
Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:57 - Sep 5 with 2003 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:54 - Sep 5 by gtsb1966

I hope your parents sought help. WORST FOOTBALL KITS (@badfootykits) Tweeted: Norwich City kit 1992.They say it looks like vomit, you never really get that thought out of your head. http://t.co/nVoJesGZ6m
[Post edited 5 Sep 2021 14:59]

Someone told me that kit is worth a fortune now. You can see why hey? What a beauty!

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:59 - Sep 5 with 1998 viewsFixed_It

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:46 - Sep 5 by giant_stow

Well you clearly never had any taste. At least that's one thing you don't need to worry about should you get Covid...

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 15:07 - Sep 5 with 1964 viewsGlasgowBlue

Write to the local MP

https://jeremycorbyn.org.uk/contact/

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 16:41 - Sep 5 with 1805 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:57 - Sep 5 by giant_stow

Someone told me that kit is worth a fortune now. You can see why hey? What a beauty!

They probably confuse it with a Jackson Pollock.

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 16:43 - Sep 5 with 1806 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 13:57 - Sep 5 by giant_stow

Don't actually know the area yet but it's close to, if not in, Andover Estate.

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 16:44 - Sep 5 with 1802 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:09 - Sep 5 by Fixed_It

Yeah - it's not as if a Nissan Micra takes up much room is it?!
[Post edited 5 Sep 2021 14:10]

I'm amazed at the memory of some of you urchins on here!

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 16:55 - Sep 5 with 1761 viewssolemio

"full of bankers" as in 'The referee's a banker'?
Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 16:55 - Sep 5 with 1759 viewsClapham_Junction

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 14:02 - Sep 5 by WD19

At moments like these, you need to ask yourself “What would Jeremy Corbyn do?”

Not own a car?
Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 17:03 - Sep 5 with 1743 viewsSteve_M

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 16:43 - Sep 5 by The_Flashing_Smile

Don't actually know the area yet but it's close to, if not in, Andover Estate.

Upper Holloway then, don’t know the exact area but you’re well placed for Hampstead Heath (25 min walk or so) but make sure you look up the Parkland Walk and Woodberry Wetlands nature reserve - those are both close and not quite so obvious but really nice.

https://www.parkland-walk.org.uk/

https://www.wildlondon.org.uk/woodberry-wetlands-nature-reserve

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone live in or near Islington (or know about the parking there)?! on 17:15 - Sep 5 with 1720 viewsPendejo

The moral of the tale is... Don't move somewhere you can't park your car.

're Islington, I believe they have issued more permits than they have parking spaces.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024