Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, how do we think the cricket will go today? 10:54 - Sep 6 with 1388 viewsghostofescobar

Flat wicket, sun shining, would take a lot to lose 10 wickets on a day like this.....but this is England! I have a horrible feeling a typical collapse may be on the cards.

GhostOfEscobar

So, how do we think the cricket will go today? on 11:04 - Sep 6 with 1354 viewsFunge

Loosely agree.

Think if we're 3 down for 150-200 (quite possible), Root will try and drop anchor and we'll get skittled.

Bairstow and Moeen haven't got the wherewithal to marshall a lower order defence.

That said, if we get to lunch and we're 150-ish for none or 1, then it could get hella interesting.

Personally think we're all out for 225 odd.
So, how do we think the cricket will go today? on 11:05 - Sep 6 with 1356 viewsSteve_M

It should be a draw from here on, given the pitch and conditions. If England get through the first hour and the new ball then it should be fine.

Both of these sides can be really fragile though so it could be an India win by mid-afternoon. A second draw and one win each would set Old Trafford up nicely for the final Test though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So, how do we think the cricket will go today? on 11:32 - Sep 6 with 1304 viewsgordon

Think will end up on about 240-4, can't see England losing 10 wickets, and can't see them getting the runs - really important that these two push on a little bit to keep the win a possibility, if India can go on all out attack makes it much easier to take the wickets!
So, how do we think the cricket will go today? on 11:45 - Sep 6 with 1269 viewsghostofescobar

Mmmm, Burns gone. Can't afford to lose anymore before lunch, I reckon.

GhostOfEscobar

So, how do we think the cricket will go today? on 11:47 - Sep 6 with 1255 viewsChrisd

That was a terrific delivery. Still think it will end in a draw today.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

So, how do we think the cricket will go today? on 11:52 - Sep 6 with 1239 viewsRomeo4

I’m expecting there’ll be a flurry of wickets at some point leading to the inevitable collapse and an India win. Obviously hoping that’s wrong but I’ve watched England’s brittle batting enough over the years not to be mostly pessimistic!
So, how do we think the cricket will go today? on 12:02 - Sep 6 with 1206 viewsMookamoo

So, how do we think the cricket will go today? on 11:45 - Sep 6 by ghostofescobar

Mmmm, Burns gone. Can't afford to lose anymore before lunch, I reckon.

If Malan can stick about and get into his 30s, he will go for it. Might be very interesting if him and Bairstow are allowed to let loose with Root playing more considered.
So, how do we think the cricket will go today? on 12:11 - Sep 6 with 1185 viewsWD19

Before play started I had assumed 3 or 4 down by lunch. 7 or 8 down by tea and failure to hold out for a draw. On paper now England should be able to bat the day out, with whatever result that brings......at some point India will need to go more defensive which will reduce wicket taking possibilities.
Login to get fewer ads

So, how do we think the cricket will go today? on 12:18 - Sep 6 with 1176 viewsSteve_M

Burns got a really good ball but fairly comfortable so far.

This was shockingly poor all round:

Jadega over-stepped in that over too, don;t think it was that ball but would have fitted right in.

So, how do we think the cricket will go today? on 12:46 - Sep 6 with 1111 viewsRomeo4

Poor run-out that! Really didn’t need that.

Root is the key man. If he’s still there at tea we have a chance. As soon as he goes I think any belief will go too and we’ll fold.
So, how do we think the cricket will go today? on 12:47 - Sep 6 with 1103 viewsMookamoo

So, how do we think the cricket will go today? on 12:46 - Sep 6 by Romeo4

Poor run-out that! Really didn’t need that.

Root is the key man. If he’s still there at tea we have a chance. As soon as he goes I think any belief will go too and we’ll fold.

What a waste.
So, how do we think the cricket will go today? on 13:42 - Sep 6 with 1024 viewsFtnfwest

around about the second new ball before tea i reckon
Lost by tea? (n/t) on 14:05 - Sep 6 with 987 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

So, how do we think the cricket will go today? on 14:06 - Sep 6 with 987 viewsSteve_M

So, how do we think the cricket will go today? on 13:42 - Sep 6 by Ftnfwest

around about the second new ball before tea i reckon

That long? 4 wickets for 45 now.

All down to Root now but too much to do now.

So, how do we think the cricket will go today? on 14:06 - Sep 6 with 983 viewsghostofescobar

Pope gone - I would say that's curtains for us. All over before tea.....?

GhostOfEscobar

So, how do we think the cricket will go today? on 14:10 - Sep 6 with 970 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Batting out the day now... if we had Stokes I could see maybe an unlikely victory but with 4 down I think they'll just try and eat time

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

So, how do we think the cricket will go today? on 14:12 - Sep 6 with 962 viewsFtnfwest

So, how do we think the cricket will go today? on 14:06 - Sep 6 by Steve_M

That long? 4 wickets for 45 now.

All down to Root now but too much to do now.

Trust England to exceed expectations! Over unless these two do something, but Bairstow vv unlikely to be able to last long i suspect. As someone mentioned, they're now almost better off going onto the attack.
So, how do we think the cricket will go today? on 14:18 - Sep 6 with 946 viewsIpswichKnight

Can’t see Ali and Woakes batting out a draw, the tail will be swallowed up pretty quick. Hope I’m wrong but think this will be over by tea.
So, how do we think the cricket will go today? on 14:25 - Sep 6 with 915 viewsSteve_M

So, how do we think the cricket will go today? on 14:12 - Sep 6 by Ftnfwest

Trust England to exceed expectations! Over unless these two do something, but Bairstow vv unlikely to be able to last long i suspect. As someone mentioned, they're now almost better off going onto the attack.

The bowling has been excellent since lunch but Hameed got stuck again, despite Root's best efforts we've not been able to score runs since Burns got out. Think that was the big failing., could really have done without that runout too. 140/1 at lunch might have looked different.

So, how do we think the cricket will go today? on 16:26 - Sep 6 with 831 viewsFunge

So, how do we think the cricket will go today? on 11:04 - Sep 6 by Funge

Loosely agree.

Think if we're 3 down for 150-200 (quite possible), Root will try and drop anchor and we'll get skittled.

Bairstow and Moeen haven't got the wherewithal to marshall a lower order defence.

That said, if we get to lunch and we're 150-ish for none or 1, then it could get hella interesting.

Personally think we're all out for 225 odd.

Fine, if that's how it works...

Towun will win 5-0 on Saturday.
So, how do we think the cricket will go today? on 16:49 - Sep 6 with 800 viewsghostofescobar

Well that was depressingly predictable. We really can't seem to find any consistency in our batting, especially when under pressure.

GhostOfEscobar

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024