Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we be worried about Bolton? 14:51 - Sep 6 with 3461 viewsMediocre_Quick

Decent start to the season, seen a lot of fans thinking we can roll them over easily, but have lost 1 of their first 5

What are we predicting? Can we kickstart our season? Or should we be cautiously optimistic going into the weekend?
Should we be worried about Bolton? on 14:54 - Sep 6 with 2770 viewshype313

Is Mike Whitlow still playing? Would love to see him lose his rag again.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Should we be worried about Bolton? on 14:57 - Sep 6 with 2754 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I'm going for a win. Got to be hasnt it?

2 weeks away, should be a decent crowd and the players will be raring to go again. Walton in goal probably, Celina involved. Will give everyone a lift
Should we be worried about Bolton? on 15:07 - Sep 6 with 2688 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

With the squad available to us, we shouldn’t be worried about any opposition in league one.
Stop making the same silly mistakes and I feel our first win of the season coming up.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Should we be worried about Bolton? on 15:10 - Sep 6 with 2674 viewsitfcjoe

We've got a good record against them at Portman Road.

No game at this level is easier - but if we don't win at the very least 26-27 of our next 41 then we are not going to hit our goals this season.

Every home game is a game we should be winning - we've already dropped 6 points at home this season

In our last good season, where we achieved the goal at the start of the season in 2014/15 - we picked up 50 points at home and conceded 18 goals - they are the sort of numbers we need to hit

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Should we be worried about Bolton? on 15:11 - Sep 6 with 2654 viewsCheltenham_Blue

On paper no.
But this is Ipswich Town, so you should remain worried, until advised otherwise.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Should we be worried about Bolton? on 15:12 - Sep 6 with 2650 viewsMattinLondon

Not really. Some parts of it are quite. I’ve but think it’s too far away from Ipswich to provide any real competition in terms of both shopping and leisure facilities.
Should we be worried about Bolton? on 15:25 - Sep 6 with 2564 viewsIllinoisblue

If we continue to concede two goals in every game we should be worried about everyone we play.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Should we be worried about Bolton? on 16:09 - Sep 6 with 2394 viewsWD19

I wouldn't go there out of choice, but if you have had your holiday jabs and don't talk to any of the locals you should be OK.
Login to get fewer ads

Should we be worried about Bolton? on 16:14 - Sep 6 with 2359 viewsMetal_Hacker

Should we be worried about Bolton? on 16:09 - Sep 6 by WD19

I wouldn't go there out of choice, but if you have had your holiday jabs and don't talk to any of the locals you should be OK.

I dunno , my old boss was from Bolton and used to call a Bus a "Buz"

Bloody weird up there...top bloke though

Poll: If it were one or the other

Should we be worried about Bolton? on 16:16 - Sep 6 with 2341 viewsSomethingBlue

Good side that have a nice style and know their jobs, won't be easy at all but realistically we've got to be winning it. Interesting to see how they do tonight vs Burton.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Should we be worried about Bolton? on 16:23 - Sep 6 with 2283 viewsJ2BLUE

They are on Sky tonight.

We really shouldn't be fearing anyone.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Should we be worried about Bolton? on 16:40 - Sep 6 with 2210 viewsChurchman

There will come a point when we start winning games. When we do, I doubt we will stop or worry about who or where we are playing, because the players we’ve signed are good for this level.

Will we start this Saturday? I’ve a feeling we just might!
Should we be worried about Bolton? on 17:17 - Sep 6 with 2086 viewsSharkey

Should we be worried about Bolton? on 16:14 - Sep 6 by Metal_Hacker

I dunno , my old boss was from Bolton and used to call a Bus a "Buz"

Bloody weird up there...top bloke though

I bet he said 'book' so it rhymed with 'fluke' too.
No one should have the mind set that we can roll any team over in this league.. on 17:43 - Sep 6 with 2012 viewsunstableblue

... its a tough league, which as Cowley has pointed out is now the strongest it has ever been.

Morecombe's, Wimbledon's and even Cheltenham's are taking points from 'bigger clubs'

And the likes of Wigan have invested heavily.

Bolton have hit the ground running, and I expect a very hard game.

We have 19 players to bed in, and a fan base that is getting edgy (booing at full time), and we have a glass jaw in terms of confidence currently.

I'd feel a lot more confident with Morsy starting.

Be interesting to see how Bolton get on tonight against Burton... which may further sharpen them!

Operation 'Piss the league' is ridiculous

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

No one should have the mind set that we can roll any team over in this league.. on 17:53 - Sep 6 with 1978 viewsHerbivore

No one should have the mind set that we can roll any team over in this league.. on 17:43 - Sep 6 by unstableblue

... its a tough league, which as Cowley has pointed out is now the strongest it has ever been.

Morecombe's, Wimbledon's and even Cheltenham's are taking points from 'bigger clubs'

And the likes of Wigan have invested heavily.

Bolton have hit the ground running, and I expect a very hard game.

We have 19 players to bed in, and a fan base that is getting edgy (booing at full time), and we have a glass jaw in terms of confidence currently.

I'd feel a lot more confident with Morsy starting.

Be interesting to see how Bolton get on tonight against Burton... which may further sharpen them!

Operation 'Piss the league' is ridiculous

Who has said we're going to piss the league? This is such a lazy comment, mate. People are saying with the squad we've put together we should be gunning for promotion and anything less is a failure. That's not the same as saying we should piss the league. And it's still League 1, the quality for the most part is poor even amongst many of the better sides.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

No one should have the mind set that we can roll any team over in this league.. on 18:01 - Sep 6 with 1928 viewschrismakin

No one should have the mind set that we can roll any team over in this league.. on 17:53 - Sep 6 by Herbivore

Who has said we're going to piss the league? This is such a lazy comment, mate. People are saying with the squad we've put together we should be gunning for promotion and anything less is a failure. That's not the same as saying we should piss the league. And it's still League 1, the quality for the most part is poor even amongst many of the better sides.

There's going to be a lot of managerial changes in the summer. Probably 7-8 teams where non promotion is a failure.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

No one should have the mind set that we can roll any team over in this league.. on 18:08 - Sep 6 with 1899 viewspointofblue

No one should have the mind set that we can roll any team over in this league.. on 18:01 - Sep 6 by chrismakin

There's going to be a lot of managerial changes in the summer. Probably 7-8 teams where non promotion is a failure.

Us, Sunderland, Portsmouth... who else?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

No one should have the mind set that we can roll any team over in this league.. on 18:12 - Sep 6 with 1877 viewschrismakin

No one should have the mind set that we can roll any team over in this league.. on 18:08 - Sep 6 by pointofblue

Us, Sunderland, Portsmouth... who else?

Rotherham
Wigan
Sheffield wed

Maybe Wycombe.Oxford.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2021 18:16]

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Should we be worried about Bolton? on 18:19 - Sep 6 with 1859 viewspositivity

we should be worried about all the teams in this league, but cautiously optimistic of beating all of them!

i'm going for a 2-1 win

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Should we be worried about Bolton? on 18:22 - Sep 6 with 1827 viewschrismakin

Should we be worried about Bolton? on 18:19 - Sep 6 by positivity

we should be worried about all the teams in this league, but cautiously optimistic of beating all of them!

i'm going for a 2-1 win

Just need a win sat

4 Home games coming up. We need maximum points and a pumped up Portman Road.

No one should have the mind set that we can roll any team over in this league.. on 18:34 - Sep 6 with 1791 viewspointofblue

No one should have the mind set that we can roll any team over in this league.. on 18:12 - Sep 6 by chrismakin

Rotherham
Wigan
Sheffield wed

Maybe Wycombe.Oxford.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2021 18:16]

Oxford have stuck with Robinson year after year; as long as they're in the top half they won't sack him. Ainsworth is a hero at Wycombe because of what he's achieved - he's more likely to walk than be sacked. I can't see expectation at Wigan being promotion after the mess they were in last year and Richardson will again be given a lot of support after what he achieved there. I don't think Rotherham will be in a position of demnding promotion considering the other sides in the division this season.

Admittedly, I completely overlooked Wednesday.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Should we be worried about Bolton? on 18:40 - Sep 6 with 1777 viewsmrp

Should we be worried about Bolton? on 18:22 - Sep 6 by chrismakin

Just need a win sat

4 Home games coming up. We need maximum points and a pumped up Portman Road.

Iwatched Bolton lose to Cambridge just recently with over 70% posession,
loads of shots off target and unlikely to pierce our undefeated league status at Portman Road. If we continue to score two goals we should win.
No one should have the mind set that we can roll any team over in this league.. on 18:47 - Sep 6 with 1743 viewschrismakin

No one should have the mind set that we can roll any team over in this league.. on 18:34 - Sep 6 by pointofblue

Oxford have stuck with Robinson year after year; as long as they're in the top half they won't sack him. Ainsworth is a hero at Wycombe because of what he's achieved - he's more likely to walk than be sacked. I can't see expectation at Wigan being promotion after the mess they were in last year and Richardson will again be given a lot of support after what he achieved there. I don't think Rotherham will be in a position of demnding promotion considering the other sides in the division this season.

Admittedly, I completely overlooked Wednesday.

Maybe right on Oxford tbf.

Wycombe.. I'm not sure. Burley was a hero and we got rid. And imo anyone relegated is auto assumed to be pushing for an immediate return.

Wigan.. interesting one for me. On one hand I completely agree with you. But I dont trust their owner. They have a very very strong squad. Better than Pompy and Sunderland imo. And I think behind the scenes the owner will want more. Esp after signing the likes of Wykes.

Should we be worried about Bolton? on 18:49 - Sep 6 with 1743 viewsrgp1

ZERO wins from 6 games. Just take it in and Bolton will be no different to any other side in this league. Unfortunately what people tend to think is money will make you piss the league and as we know from previous this doesn't always. Unfortunately our American friends have planted an even bigger target on our backs than we had before.
Should we be worried about Bolton? on 18:55 - Sep 6 with 1702 viewsjayessess

We have to get to the point where we aren't worried about the Boltons of this world, but certainly aren't there yet.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024