Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fever Pitch: The Rise of the Premier League 21:08 - Sep 6 with 1111 viewsBent_double

is on BBC2 now if anyone's interested.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Fever Pitch: The Rise of the Premier League on 07:15 - Sep 7 with 963 viewsChrisd

Was it worth a watch?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Fever Pitch: The Rise of the Premier League on 08:01 - Sep 7 with 920 viewsDubtractor

Fever Pitch: The Rise of the Premier League on 07:15 - Sep 7 by Chrisd

Was it worth a watch?

It was an interesting look back at football in that era, but it was also a bit 'sky saved football'.

Worth watching though.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Fever Pitch: The Rise of the Premier League on 08:51 - Sep 7 with 856 viewsthebooks

Fever Pitch: The Rise of the Premier League on 07:15 - Sep 7 by Chrisd

Was it worth a watch?

It was interesting just to look back. Some of the footage — like Man U players celebrating winning the PL at 4am on the morning of the final game of the season — was good, and Cantona’s always value.

Starnge dress sense back in the early-90s. Funny how footballers still looked like normal people. Except Paul Ince in his tartan yellow jacket.

But it was all about how rich men saved us from ourselves, and a big ad for Sky.
Fever Pitch: The Rise of the Premier League on 09:35 - Sep 7 with 808 viewsBent_double

Yeah, but as others have said, bit of an advert for Sky and how they saved football from the men who didn't want change, "football's been run this way for 100 years, why change it now", was the Football Leagues attitude.

Not nice when they kept showing the league table through the season, and a certain team always seemed to be top...until the end of course!

Fever Pitch: The Rise of the Premier League on 21:04 - Sep 13 with 542 viewsBent_double

part 2 on now.

Fever Pitch: The Rise of the Premier League on 22:35 - Sep 13 with 473 viewsChrisd

Fever Pitch: The Rise of the Premier League on 21:04 - Sep 13 by Bent_double

part 2 on now.

Watched both episodes now, enjoyed both. Some good back stories and not from the usual suspects.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024