Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... 08:00 - Sep 7 with 5028 viewsElderGrizzly

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 08:04 - Sep 7 with 3034 viewsDubtractor

I'm staggered to see how this has all played out. I felt sure that Boris and team leave were telling the truth and feel so let down.

Ahem.

Tbh I've stopped getting too worked up by it all, it was always based on lies and now we have to watch it unfold.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 8:10]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 08:17 - Sep 7 with 2958 viewsElderGrizzly

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 08:04 - Sep 7 by Dubtractor

I'm staggered to see how this has all played out. I felt sure that Boris and team leave were telling the truth and feel so let down.

Ahem.

Tbh I've stopped getting too worked up by it all, it was always based on lies and now we have to watch it unfold.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 8:10]

Agree. We knew he was lying.

It is just today he is going to plead with people to have sympathy for the NHS (and his Govt), because they have run out of money and it is the right thing to do to give the NHS/Social Care £10bn.
That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 08:24 - Sep 7 with 2918 viewsDubtractor

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 08:17 - Sep 7 by ElderGrizzly

It is just today he is going to plead with people to have sympathy for the NHS (and his Govt), because they have run out of money and it is the right thing to do to give the NHS/Social Care £10bn.

To be clear, I'm permanently disgusted with this government, but I've almost become anaesthetised to it now so just don't get too worked up any more.

Which I guess plays into their hands, so not sure I'm the winner here.....

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 08:36 - Sep 7 with 2868 viewsDanTheMan

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 08:24 - Sep 7 by Dubtractor

To be clear, I'm permanently disgusted with this government, but I've almost become anaesthetised to it now so just don't get too worked up any more.

Which I guess plays into their hands, so not sure I'm the winner here.....

What power do people realistically have when they dislike a Government though? Outside of voting, the only other options are mass protests at things, which don't seem to get anything done anyway.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 8:36]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 08:36 - Sep 7 with 2865 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Non-Dom Desmond wanting to share tax pain. Hahahahahah what a massive cun t

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 08:44 - Sep 7 with 2833 viewshomer_123

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 08:36 - Sep 7 by DanTheMan

What power do people realistically have when they dislike a Government though? Outside of voting, the only other options are mass protests at things, which don't seem to get anything done anyway.

Sadly, all parties are the same.

Too interested in short term populism and doing all they can to stay in power.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 08:58 - Sep 7 with 2766 viewsKeno

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 08:17 - Sep 7 by ElderGrizzly

Boris lying? Never!!

He told me he never lies

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 09:04 - Sep 7 with 2735 viewshype313

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 08:36 - Sep 7 by DanTheMan

Trouble is nowadays people are so apathetic when it comes to protesting, I remember the poll tax riots and that was a movement, which changed govt policy.

People these days like to have a moan on Twitter and other platforms, but can't be arsed to really do anything of note.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 09:11 - Sep 7 with 2707 viewsDanTheMan

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 09:04 - Sep 7 by hype313

Trouble is nowadays people are so apathetic when it comes to protesting, I remember the poll tax riots and that was a movement, which changed govt policy.

People these days like to have a moan on Twitter and other platforms, but can't be arsed to really do anything of note.

I don't think it helps that when anybody does do any sort of protest that is more than "stand out of sight and grumble peacefully" then the media are there to demonise them.

And it works, I still see people reference those XR folks who sat on top of a train and delayed people a bit.

As you say, that pales in comparison to those riots.

Oh and how can I forget the protest bill that will make being too loud a crime now
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 9:11]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 09:20 - Sep 7 with 2674 viewsKeno

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 09:11 - Sep 7 by DanTheMan

I don't think it helps that when anybody does do any sort of protest that is more than "stand out of sight and grumble peacefully" then the media are there to demonise them.

And it works, I still see people reference those XR folks who sat on top of a train and delayed people a bit.

As you say, that pales in comparison to those riots.

Oh and how can I forget the protest bill that will make being too loud a crime now
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 9:11]

I am fully prepared to tut loudly

that'll show the government how I feel

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 09:24 - Sep 7 with 2649 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just be sure to keep those protests nice and quiet!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 09:29 - Sep 7 with 2621 viewsDarth_Koont

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 08:44 - Sep 7 by homer_123

And lining their own pockets. That’s the real but far too unspoken driver in our politics and political media nowadays.

We’re being scammed.

Pronouns: He/Him

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 10:14 - Sep 7 with 2464 viewsWeWereZombies

Passive resistance has a long and powerful history, it played its part in the overthrow of apartheid for example. Just not participating in a government or manipulating corporation or overseas power's distraction techniques (e.g. Facebook and Twitter giving the impression that they give people a voice but in actual fact being riddled with marketing and authoritarian nudges) is a start but there are further methods of non co-operation going on. One surprising method is just to be nice and polite to other people which seems to disconcert a proportion of the population who almost demand bad behaviour (on their terms) as a measure of status.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 10:33 - Sep 7 with 2386 viewsWD19

Its remarkable how many people support the NHS and are quite vocal about the fact they would be very happy to pay more tax/pay for it.

Right up until the point they are actually asked to do so.....
That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 10:36 - Sep 7 with 2369 viewsElderGrizzly

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 10:33 - Sep 7 by WD19

Its remarkable how many people support the NHS and are quite vocal about the fact they would be very happy to pay more tax/pay for it.

Personally I would, but that isn't the issue here.

It's more holding a lying charlatan to account who already 'promised' £30bn extra to the NHS.
That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 10:40 - Sep 7 with 2359 viewshype313

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 10:36 - Sep 7 by ElderGrizzly

Personally I would, but that isn't the issue here.

It's more holding a lying charlatan to account who already 'promised' £30bn extra to the NHS.

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 10:43 - Sep 7 with 2345 viewshomer_123

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 09:29 - Sep 7 by Darth_Koont

And lining their own pockets. That’s the real but far too unspoken driver in our politics and political media nowadays.

We’re being scammed.

ohhh, I took that as a given DK.

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 10:43 - Sep 7 with 2344 viewsitfcjoe

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 10:33 - Sep 7 by WD19

I'd imagine those who voted to give the NHS an extra £350m a week are a little bit mythed to now be told that not only does Brexit not give the NHS that money, they need to now pay for it as well as shortages everywhere etc

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 10:43 - Sep 7 with 2337 viewshomer_123

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 09:20 - Sep 7 by Keno

I am fully prepared to tut loudly

that'll show the government how I feel

Said like any true Ipswich fan!

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 10:55 - Sep 7 with 2290 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

Social care has been an issue for many years, and the Tories have promised to fix it. Later today we will find out how.
The fact that it needs fixing is not in doubt; we live longer and care needs are very expensive.
I would feel happier if I was aware of the opposition parties ideas on how to fix it. Andy Burnham is the only one I have read that has an alternative solution. Starmer and the rest as usual just criticise without offering any other suggestions.
TWTD is of course mostly left wing and I accept that, but to suggest this was never going to happen with or without Brexit is just not true.
We could all end up needing care of some sort - how we pay for it is another issue.
Being retired I am more than willing to pay my share of being looked after in my dotage and I am far from being wealthy (I do not own my own property and have a modest income).
We also need to take more responsibility for our own health.
That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 11:01 - Sep 7 with 2253 viewsElderGrizzly

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 10:40 - Sep 7 by hype313

Of course I didn't vote for Brexit, i'm more surprised (as J O'B says) that so many people who did are not challenging their 'Leader'
That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 11:04 - Sep 7 with 2233 viewshype313

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 11:01 - Sep 7 by ElderGrizzly

Of course I didn't vote for Brexit, i'm more surprised (as J O'B says) that so many people who did are not challenging their 'Leader'

What's making me laugh (or cry) is all the Tory voters now saying "That's it, I'm never voting Tory again after this" Really? you seriously believed in what Boris and his band of merry berks were saying?

Think we need something along the lines of red cards for people who voted for this shower, they are barred from voting in the next election.

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 11:10 - Sep 7 with 2194 viewsDarth_Koont

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 10:43 - Sep 7 by homer_123

ohhh, I took that as a given DK.

Has it ever been this wall to wall before though? I’m definitely including the apparatchiks in the current Labour Party too.

When the main “opposition” party and supposedly balanced and centrist media like the BBC and Guardian are all so beholden to serving the interests of capital and the Establishment then what hope is there to reverse this slide in public and democratic standards?

Pronouns: He/Him

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 11:20 - Sep 7 with 2157 viewsSwansea_Blue

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 08:44 - Sep 7 by homer_123

I'd take point with all parties being the same, unless you're solely referring to the allure of power and win at all cost mentality.

In terms of method of governance, I don't think we've ever seen such an attack on public institutions from Government, both directly and through tame media, as we have now. It's certainly the most authoritarian, anti-democratic and anti-people government in my lifetime. Normally governments contribute something positive to the nation, no matter how badly they may balls things up in other areas. Most seem to recognise they have a duty too, even if there are vested interests at play at the same time.

I think this populist movement is something new entirely; a completely disruptive force that will reshape the country for generations (and not in a good way if the current evidence is anything to go by). Hopefully I'm wrong though, and a future serious government can undo a lot of the mess relatively easily.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 11:30 - Sep 7 with 2108 viewshomer_123

That £600m a week Brexit Benefit appears to have gone missing... on 11:20 - Sep 7 by Swansea_Blue

I'd take point with all parties being the same, unless you're solely referring to the allure of power and win at all cost mentality.

In terms of method of governance, I don't think we've ever seen such an attack on public institutions from Government, both directly and through tame media, as we have now. It's certainly the most authoritarian, anti-democratic and anti-people government in my lifetime. Normally governments contribute something positive to the nation, no matter how badly they may balls things up in other areas. Most seem to recognise they have a duty too, even if there are vested interests at play at the same time.

I think this populist movement is something new entirely; a completely disruptive force that will reshape the country for generations (and not in a good way if the current evidence is anything to go by). Hopefully I'm wrong though, and a future serious government can undo a lot of the mess relatively easily.

'...unless you're solely referring to the allure of power and win at all cost mentality'

Yep, that's where I was coming from.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024