Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads 12:54 - Sep 7 with 11439 viewschicoazul

He’s putting NI contributions up! Will this crazy fascist government never learn???

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 13:03 - Sep 7 with 3655 viewsGuthrum

He'd have been better doing it through income tax.

And his party might yet prevent him actually carrying it out, being terrified that a lack of voter bribery may lose them their seats.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 13:05]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 13:10 - Sep 7 with 3615 viewsLightworker

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 13:11 - Sep 7 with 3600 viewstractordownsouth

It is actually a very right wing policy. He’s specifically chosen NI because he knows that his Tory voting often asset-rich base won’t have to pay while minimum wage workers have to stump up the costs. And then many of the same people who are insulated will lecture the youth about needing to work harder and not receiving hand outs, while expecting the poorest to fund their social care in order to protect their inheritance.

Same old Tories.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 13:17 - Sep 7 with 3551 viewsDarth_Koont

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 13:10 - Sep 7 by Lightworker

It’s an indictment of the top-down nature of our politics that government and opposition effectively are united in not taxing the wealthy or even just entertaining the idea.

The UK is such a backward country in too many respects.

Pronouns: He/Him

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 13:22 - Sep 7 with 3510 viewsGunnsAirkick

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 13:17 - Sep 7 by Darth_Koont

It’s an indictment of the top-down nature of our politics that government and opposition effectively are united in not taxing the wealthy or even just entertaining the idea.

The UK is such a backward country in too many respects.

Except Starmer has just said the opposite of that.
That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 13:27 - Sep 7 with 3467 viewstractordownsouth

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 13:22 - Sep 7 by GunnsAirkick

Yeah but he’s not Corbyn so it doesn’t count.

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 13:33 - Sep 7 with 3429 viewsbaxterbasics

I recall what happened to George Bush Snr after promising in his first campaign: "Read my lips, no new taxes" - cost him a second term when he broke the promise.

Whilst I am not impressed with this about-turn, I don't buy into the opposition argument that it's not fair for younger workers to be the ones paying. They expect to be old one day too, right?

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 13:40 - Sep 7 with 3379 viewstractordownsouth

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 13:33 - Sep 7 by baxterbasics

I recall what happened to George Bush Snr after promising in his first campaign: "Read my lips, no new taxes" - cost him a second term when he broke the promise.

Whilst I am not impressed with this about-turn, I don't buy into the opposition argument that it's not fair for younger workers to be the ones paying. They expect to be old one day too, right?

This won’t impact Johnson politically. He’s insulated his voting base from the charge so if anything he will benefit.

As a young person who does care work (albeit for the disabled, not the elderly) I’m happy to pay a bit. But it’s not fair that I have to pay more when I earn just over the minimum wage but wealthier pensioners don’t have to contribute extra for something they will benefit from the most. Especially when I can only dream of owning my own home where I live and the only remote chance I will have is to move to another area with a partner.

Login to get fewer ads

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 13:46 - Sep 7 with 3342 viewsDarth_Koont

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 13:22 - Sep 7 by GunnsAirkick

So Starmer is going to tax the wealthy?

Where does he say that?

Pronouns: He/Him

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 13:49 - Sep 7 with 3326 viewsElderGrizzly

Yet if he doesn't vote to support it, he will be accused of withholding funding from the NHS.

I expect we'll get Labour abstain and it will simply go through on the Tory vote.
That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 13:56 - Sep 7 with 3259 viewswkj

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 13:03 - Sep 7 by Guthrum

He'd have been better doing it through income tax.

And his party might yet prevent him actually carrying it out, being terrified that a lack of voter bribery may lose them their seats.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 13:05]

it smells like a revolt may be in the offing. If covid didn't happen then I wouldn't have been shocked if they tried to oust him

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 14:02 - Sep 7 with 3229 viewsOldsmoker

If he's broken this election pledge then the pension lock pledge will be broken too.
There is a need to raise funds from somewhere as they spaffed so much on Covid contracts for their mates.
Good news for those lucky enough to be able to chose to opt out and join a company pension scheme. They still pay NI but not the full amount.
As some have said, it will hit the low paid the most - but that's the tories being tories.
Those who say NI is not a tax are technically correct but when you look at the deductions on your wage packet and see NI is bigger than the Income Tax you pay you can't help feeling that they're lying.

It's a big booooooooooooooooooooooo from me.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 14:16 - Sep 7 with 3169 viewshomer_123

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 14:02 - Sep 7 by Oldsmoker

If he's broken this election pledge then the pension lock pledge will be broken too.
There is a need to raise funds from somewhere as they spaffed so much on Covid contracts for their mates.
Good news for those lucky enough to be able to chose to opt out and join a company pension scheme. They still pay NI but not the full amount.
As some have said, it will hit the low paid the most - but that's the tories being tories.
Those who say NI is not a tax are technically correct but when you look at the deductions on your wage packet and see NI is bigger than the Income Tax you pay you can't help feeling that they're lying.

It's a big booooooooooooooooooooooo from me.

Here's the thing. At the end of the day, sh*t has to be paid for. I don't think anyone is questioning the need to ensure that social care is properly funded.

There is no 100% fair and equitable way of taxation/ funding things - some will have to pay more than others. Everyone should contribute, end of, but people or companies that earn more should pay more.

By the by - maybe if we start ensuring people are paid more than a minimum wage/ or maybe more than a living wage taxation becomes less of an issue.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 14:33 - Sep 7 with 3104 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 13:46 - Sep 7 by Darth_Koont

So Starmer is going to tax the wealthy?

Where does he say that?

Towards the end of the video he talks about taxing stocks, shares and property and "those with the broadest shoulders paying the most."

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 14:34 - Sep 7 with 3096 viewsElderGrizzly

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 14:33 - Sep 7 by Charlie_pl_baxter

Towards the end of the video he talks about taxing stocks, shares and property and "those with the broadest shoulders paying the most."

Which it should be for this very reason. NI is a horrific choice for the lower paid

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 14:47 - Sep 7 with 3047 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

I don't follow politics closely but one thing I do notice is that TWTD is teeming with anti-tories and I wondered if there was a reason for this? Is it to do with the demographics of Ipswich itself?
That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 14:52 - Sep 7 with 3013 viewsDanTheMan

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 14:47 - Sep 7 by BlueBlueBluex2

I don't follow politics closely but one thing I do notice is that TWTD is teeming with anti-tories and I wondered if there was a reason for this? Is it to do with the demographics of Ipswich itself?

I imagine it's more to do with the demographic of people who post on internet forums rather than location.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 14:52 - Sep 7 with 3010 viewstractordownsouth

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 14:47 - Sep 7 by BlueBlueBluex2

I don’t know about the demographics of this particular website but I imagine it’s to do with the fact that fewer over 60s are on the internet than younger people who are more to the left.

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 14:54 - Sep 7 with 2977 viewsDanTheMan

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 13:33 - Sep 7 by baxterbasics

We will, but it's a bit silly that those older generation are specifically not going to end up paying for the care they are receiving now.

I am however glad something is being done to address it, as it's been a ticking time bomb for years.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 14:55]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 15:05 - Sep 7 with 2919 viewsGuthrum

Even a fair few people who are (or have been) traditional Tories are not that impressed with Johnson and some of his ministers.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 15:18 - Sep 7 with 2868 viewsClapham_Junction

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 14:52 - Sep 7 by DanTheMan

I imagine it's more to do with the demographic of people who post on internet forums rather than location.

I'd say it's at least partly because political debate on TWTD is generally of a decent standard and nonsense gets challenged or corrected, often resulting in people holding those views no longer posting.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 15:19]
That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 15:29 - Sep 7 with 2780 viewsjontysnut

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 14:54 - Sep 7 by DanTheMan

We will, but it's a bit silly that those older generation are specifically not going to end up paying for the care they are receiving now.

I am however glad something is being done to address it, as it's been a ticking time bomb for years.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 14:55]

It's a broken market. The independent providers of social care - not just care homes but adult and children's care - are seeing cost rise. The major commissioners of social care, local authorities, are seeing incomes fall or else are making difficult choices in closing libraries etc. Insurance won't work as the well off will opt out and who will take the risk of providing? Raising NI is a weasel way out. They have promised to to sort social care out for years and have done nothing. What's wrong with raising income tax to sort out what is going to become a national crisis?
That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 15:34 - Sep 7 with 2758 viewsBelsteadCav

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 15:18 - Sep 7 by Clapham_Junction

I'd say it's at least partly because political debate on TWTD is generally of a decent standard and nonsense gets challenged or corrected, often resulting in people holding those views no longer posting.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 15:19]

🤣🤣😂😂

Decent standard

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 15:35 - Sep 7 with 2743 viewsnoggin

If you don't follow politics it doesn't really matter to you, does it?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 15:38 - Sep 7 with 2732 viewsSwansea_Blue

That mad right winger Boris Johnson is at it again lads on 14:52 - Sep 7 by tractordownsouth

I don’t know about the demographics of this particular website but I imagine it’s to do with the fact that fewer over 60s are on the internet than younger people who are more to the left.

I think we're fairly unique. I'm not a regular user of other sites, but whenever anyone post links of other footie forums or the like, they seem to be very different to this place. It seems to me like we're in a bit of a bubble on here.

Not that I think that's a bad thing given the voices being filtered out are the types that support conspiracies and slavishly support people pushing this culture war nonsens. We get a bit of it, but nowhere near as much as some other footie forums. Plus there is always a place here for people who can eloquently argue their viewpoint.

I'm not really sure why this place seems different. Long running community, with quite a few people having met up in real life? Stricter modding maybe? Phil does run a tight ship that doesn't stand for trolls, idiots, racists and the like.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024