Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think 13:38 - Sep 7 with 3273 viewsblueasfook

A small gain for making most working people hate you.

Political suicide.

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 13:41 - Sep 7 with 2258 viewsfactual_blue

Working people who vote tory are idiots and deserve no better.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 13:41 - Sep 7 with 2253 viewstractordownsouth

It’s not political suicide. Elderly Tory voters don’t have to pay so Johnson won’t suffer.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 13:43 - Sep 7 with 2232 viewsblueasfook

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 13:41 - Sep 7 by factual_blue

Tories are for the working man aren't they?

Oh...

Keir will clean up at the next election I am sure

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 13:44 - Sep 7 with 2216 viewsfactual_blue

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 13:43 - Sep 7 by blueasfook

Oh...

If by work you mean managing a private equity hedge fund, then yes.

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 14:18 - Sep 7 with 2130 viewsGuthrum

Some of which will have to be set aside for the government to pay the extra NI employers' contributions for their own staff.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 14:20 - Sep 7 with 2115 viewshomer_123

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 14:18 - Sep 7 by Guthrum

Some of which will have to be set aside for the government to pay the extra NI employers' contributions for their own staff.

and don't forget that the NHS is one of the largest organisations to contribute NI payments.....another sly move by the Gov.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 14:28 - Sep 7 with 2092 viewsNthQldITFC

I have been thinking hard about this all morning, and I have come up with what I believe is a very succinct and yet deeply considered response: "F**k 'em!"
[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 14:28]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 14:54 - Sep 7 with 2014 viewsJammyDodgerrr

It's not going to be a suicide, only way Boris gets out is if he leaves. He represents the majority of people somehow and his position isn't really in doubt. Would love Keir to get in but never going to happen. Pretty sure Boris could raise income tax to 30% and the result would be

CON +3

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Login to get fewer ads

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 15:11 - Sep 7 with 1949 viewsSomethingBlue

Sadly not, he can do whatever he wants and an astonishing % of people will think he's on their side. Serfdom comes easily to this country.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 15:18 - Sep 7 with 1916 viewshype313

He doesn't care, he's probably hoping to be ousted so he can then hit the post PM circuit to earn his riches.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 16:02 - Sep 7 with 1790 viewsWeWereZombies

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 13:41 - Sep 7 by tractordownsouth

It’s not political suicide. Elderly Tory voters don’t have to pay so Johnson won’t suffer.

Apart from the elderly voters who receive share dividends - the new tax is on those as well.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 16:10 - Sep 7 with 1770 viewsWeWereZombies

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 14:54 - Sep 7 by JammyDodgerrr

It's not going to be a suicide, only way Boris gets out is if he leaves. He represents the majority of people somehow and his position isn't really in doubt. Would love Keir to get in but never going to happen. Pretty sure Boris could raise income tax to 30% and the result would be

CON +3

Technically, if you mean by winning the 2019 general election he represents the majority of people, it is worth remembering that the Conservatives only achieved 43.6% of the popular vote (on a turnout of 67%.) So not even a majority of those who voted wanted Boris Johnson as Prime Minister, let alone of those entitled to vote. But in a first past the post system I guess you could win only 30% of the votes but if you sneaked in to win enough constituencies by a narrow margin and were not fussed about losing others by huge margins then you gain power and carry on like you have a mandate to do what you want.

Again, technically, once you gain power then it is your responsibility to represent all of the people, no matter how they voted - which may be one reason we still have an NHS.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 16:14 - Sep 7 with 1752 viewsallezlesbleus

Not only will it hit the average person in the street, it will also be an additional burden of small businesses if they increase the employers % too, at a time when a number of small businesses are already struggling.
1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 16:19 - Sep 7 with 1727 viewsitfcjoe

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 16:14 - Sep 7 by allezlesbleus

Not only will it hit the average person in the street, it will also be an additional burden of small businesses if they increase the employers % too, at a time when a number of small businesses are already struggling.

Employers up 1.25% as well - so a real kick in the teeth

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 16:22 - Sep 7 with 1721 viewshomer_123

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 16:19 - Sep 7 by itfcjoe

Employers up 1.25% as well - so a real kick in the teeth

Good luck getting an NHS dentist to sort that out Joe.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 16:34 - Sep 7 with 1690 viewsJ2BLUE

NHS staff getting a 3% pay rise.

Inflation target is 2% per year (it's higher at the moment)

National insurance up by 1.25%.

Amazed the Tories get away with it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 16:47 - Sep 7 with 1629 viewsnoggin

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 16:34 - Sep 7 by J2BLUE

NHS staff getting a 3% pay rise.

Inflation target is 2% per year (it's higher at the moment)

National insurance up by 1.25%.

Amazed the Tories get away with it.

You can bet your ass the NHS won't get a pay rise next year.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 17:17 - Sep 7 with 1557 viewsDinDjarin

I have always voted blue but this has angered me so much they probably have lost my vote.

It was a manifesto pledge to not raise taxes and plus the triple lock backdown they are going alienating their core base.
1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 17:20 - Sep 7 with 1536 viewsjaykay

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 13:43 - Sep 7 by blueasfook

Oh...

dont worry some brain washed mail reader will be on in a minute defending that poorest have to suffer and they will carry on forelocking their betters

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 18:06 - Sep 7 with 1448 viewsZXBlue

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 17:17 - Sep 7 by DinDjarin

I have always voted blue but this has angered me so much they probably have lost my vote.

It was a manifesto pledge to not raise taxes and plus the triple lock backdown they are going alienating their core base.

Isnt it a good idea to sort out social care and to bolster the NHS given the extraordinary circumstances of the last 18 months?
1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 18:11 - Sep 7 with 1426 viewsfactual_blue

As a pensioner I'm quite happy to see NI contributions rise.

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 18:55 - Sep 7 with 1333 viewsHARRY10

it was also a manifesto pledge to have an 'oven ready' deal

you sound like a one 'legged' octopus claiming he will no longer trust the shark who bit off his other seven 'legs'
1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 19:01 - Sep 7 with 1301 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 13:41 - Sep 7 by factual_blue

You mean there was an alternative at the last election - apologies I didn't spot it.
1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 19:02 - Sep 7 with 1299 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 16:10 - Sep 7 by WeWereZombies

Technically, if you mean by winning the 2019 general election he represents the majority of people, it is worth remembering that the Conservatives only achieved 43.6% of the popular vote (on a turnout of 67%.) So not even a majority of those who voted wanted Boris Johnson as Prime Minister, let alone of those entitled to vote. But in a first past the post system I guess you could win only 30% of the votes but if you sneaked in to win enough constituencies by a narrow margin and were not fussed about losing others by huge margins then you gain power and carry on like you have a mandate to do what you want.

Again, technically, once you gain power then it is your responsibility to represent all of the people, no matter how they voted - which may be one reason we still have an NHS.

Time for that None of the Above option.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 19:05 - Sep 7 with 1292 viewsfactual_blue

1.25% on NI will raise about 20 billion I think on 16:22 - Sep 7 by homer_123

Good luck getting an NHS dentist to sort that out Joe.

Good luck getting an NHS dentist.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024