Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This on the failings of a private hospital in Norfolk is a disgrace 11:51 - Sep 9 with 450 viewsSteve_M

Nothing learnt since Wintebourne View:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-58466839

How a country treats it's most vulnerable is indicative of an awful lot.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

This on the failings of a private hospital in Norfolk is a disgrace on 11:53 - Sep 9 with 440 viewshomer_123

Was only just reading this. Awful awful awful and yes, nothing learnt at all.

Makes me extremely angry to say the least.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

This on the failings of a private hospital in Norfolk is a disgrace on 12:08 - Sep 9 with 408 viewsBlueBadger

[edited slightly for clarity of point]

I recently had to fight tooth and nail to get a young person with learning difficulties into ITU.

I did eventually get them into ITU with the help of a highly supportive and sympathetic medical consultant but it was far more difficult than it would have been had it been a neurotypical young person with a similar clinical picture.

Thankfully, once they got into ITU they received superb care and, just as importantly, excellenct advocacy from their named nurses and support workers.

The way people with disabilities, particularly learning disabilities, are valued and viewed by society in general is, frankly, disgusting - they are classed as of 'low value' and farmed out to callous profit-chasers who park them in the care of under qualified, unpaid and equally undervalued carers.

Sadly, it's no surprise that these appalling events keep happening.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2021 15:25]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This on the failings of a private hospital in Norfolk is a disgrace on 14:32 - Sep 9 with 291 viewsHARRY10

This on the failings of a private hospital in Norfolk is a disgrace on 12:08 - Sep 9 by BlueBadger

[edited slightly for clarity of point]

I recently had to fight tooth and nail to get a young person with learning difficulties into ITU.

I did eventually get them into ITU with the help of a highly supportive and sympathetic medical consultant but it was far more difficult than it would have been had it been a neurotypical young person with a similar clinical picture.

Thankfully, once they got into ITU they received superb care and, just as importantly, excellenct advocacy from their named nurses and support workers.

The way people with disabilities, particularly learning disabilities, are valued and viewed by society in general is, frankly, disgusting - they are classed as of 'low value' and farmed out to callous profit-chasers who park them in the care of under qualified, unpaid and equally undervalued carers.

Sadly, it's no surprise that these appalling events keep happening.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2021 15:25]

"....fared out to callous profit-chasers who park them in the care of under qualified, unpaid and equally undervalued carers. "

And therein lies the problem with a social care system that only now appears to need fixing.

We have stood by and seen so much of the health (and well being) care shifted out of our control and handed to the private sector, where the motivation is profit - and quite lucrative at that, as well.

Money that should have been spent on care has gone into the pockets of corporate investors instead. And still does, at a growing rate.

For all the bleats about the rise in NI, it would be interesting to see how much of the money raised ends up as profits to be divi'ed out among private companies.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024