Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. 18:16 - Sep 9 with 12840 viewsPaddy39

We should have a minutes silence on Saturday to remember 9-11. Many English people lost their lives in the twin towers that day as well. 20yrs ago.

Poll: Should we retire our No.9 shirt for one season after losing Paul Mariner RIP?

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 18:35 - Sep 9 with 5079 viewsjayessess

Quite complicated for the club to get into the politics of commemorating atrocities from around the world, I would've thought.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 18:38 - Sep 9 with 5063 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 18:35 - Sep 9 by jayessess

Quite complicated for the club to get into the politics of commemorating atrocities from around the world, I would've thought.

I believe we had a minute's silence in this country for a few years after. It might have been a less official thing rather than a national policy, though.

I do, however, take your point. At what stage is an atrocity big enough to require commemorating and where does that balance lie that sees us consider the Western World above the rest?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 19:08 - Sep 9 with 4969 viewsSarge

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 18:38 - Sep 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

I believe we had a minute's silence in this country for a few years after. It might have been a less official thing rather than a national policy, though.

I do, however, take your point. At what stage is an atrocity big enough to require commemorating and where does that balance lie that sees us consider the Western World above the rest?

3000 dead in a single day from a single act of terrorism probably meets the criteria
Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 19:40 - Sep 9 with 4890 viewsjayessess

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 19:08 - Sep 9 by Sarge

3000 dead in a single day from a single act of terrorism probably meets the criteria

Do the estimated 48,000 civilians killed by US air strikes in the past 20 years also meet the criteria? How about other terrorist atrocities that claimed 100s or 1000s of lives in the past 2 decades (for instance, most years post-9/11 surpass 2001 for terrorism deaths)?

These are not really questions that a football club has any business answering.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 19:44 - Sep 9 with 4864 viewsBobbychase

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 18:38 - Sep 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

Pretty sure we had a minute's silence at the next home game at Portman Road after the attacks - Seem to remember it was Blackburn

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 19:51 - Sep 9 with 4854 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 19:44 - Sep 9 by Bobbychase

Pretty sure we had a minute's silence at the next home game at Portman Road after the attacks - Seem to remember it was Blackburn

Which is fair enough, and appropriate, it was an event that shocked the world.

I'm not sure about the 20th Anniversary, though.
Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 19:56 - Sep 9 with 4834 viewsmutters

What about the 1938 Yellow River Flood then? circa 500,000 dead in one day? Does that qualify?

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 20:00 - Sep 9 with 4813 viewsIllinoisblue

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 19:44 - Sep 9 by Bobbychase

And regarding national events, think there was a minutes silence in tribute to the Dunblane victims.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 20:01 - Sep 9 with 4801 viewsIllinoisblue

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 19:51 - Sep 9 by ArnoldMoorhen

Which is fair enough, and appropriate, it was an event that shocked the world.

I'm not sure about the 20th Anniversary, though.

I distinctly remember being in Tesco’s in Witham a year after 9/11 and they did a minute’s silence. Which was weird.

62 - 78 - 81

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 20:03 - Sep 9 with 4807 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

I worked for a major U.S. telephony company when 9/11 hit and within the hour I have US customers calling up to complain their internet connections were not working in Manhattan. We were gobsmacked here in the UK.
Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 20:34 - Sep 9 with 4683 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The most impactful event of my lifetime.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 21:06 - Sep 9 with 4598 viewsKeaneish

Interesting. I’ve been reading the physics and chemistry for years and still, the events of the day don’t make sense to me. Personally, I wouldn’t be onboard with this.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 21:09 - Sep 9 with 4562 viewsGarv

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 21:06 - Sep 9 by Keaneish

Interesting. I’ve been reading the physics and chemistry for years and still, the events of the day don’t make sense to me. Personally, I wouldn’t be onboard with this.

Intriguing. What sort of things do you mean?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 21:24 - Sep 9 with 4525 viewsKeaneish

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 21:09 - Sep 9 by Garv

Intriguing. What sort of things do you mean?

There are still too many unanswered questions about evidence collected from the debris minutes after the towers fell that disprove the ‘official’ NIST report. Many people still don’t even know a third tower fell, which is unfathomable.

The chemistry and the physics all point to thermitic reaction, which the ‘official’ report doesn’t even acknowledge as a possibility. To disprove science, all possibilities need to be disproved; sadly, they remain unanswered; neglected.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2021 22:12]

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 21:25 - Sep 9 with 4518 viewsIllinoisblue

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 21:24 - Sep 9 by Keaneish

There are still too many unanswered questions about evidence collected from the debris minutes after the towers fell that disprove the ‘official’ NIST report. Many people still don’t even know a third tower fell, which is unfathomable.

The chemistry and the physics all point to thermitic reaction, which the ‘official’ report doesn’t even acknowledge as a possibility. To disprove science, all possibilities need to be disproved; sadly, they remain unanswered; neglected.

The collapse of Building 7 still doesn’t make sense.

62 - 78 - 81

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 21:32 - Sep 9 with 4481 viewsRob88

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 21:24 - Sep 9 by Keaneish

What are you suggesting?
Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 21:44 - Sep 9 with 4439 viewsPrideOfTheEast

No we shouldn’t
Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 22:02 - Sep 9 with 4380 viewsKeaneish

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 21:25 - Sep 9 by Illinoisblue

The collapse of Building 7 still doesn’t make sense.

Nothing about WTC 7 makes sense.

Then again, nothing about WTC1 and WTC2 makes sense either. If the doplar effect / pancake theory is accurate, it fails to account for why WTC 1, which was hit first fell 1hr and 45 mins later yet WTC 2, which was hit second fell in 45 mins - on a basic level, this is illogical let alone the mountain of science to disprove the doplar theory in the first place.

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 22:04 - Sep 9 with 4368 viewsKeaneish

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 21:32 - Sep 9 by Rob88

What are you suggesting?

I’m not falling into the trap of suggesting anything. I’m saying that no official scientific report from the NIST since the incident has disproved chemistry and physics to the contrary of their final report. The silence is deafening, deeply disrespectful and flies in the face of all the values that nation upholds.

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 00:48 - Sep 10 with 4176 viewsStenvict

This is one of the most ridiculous suggestions I've seen on here.

All of a sudden because we have Americans affiliated with the club we should commemorate their national tragedies?

In that case, we should have a minutes silence on March 13 to remember those that were murdered in the Dunblane Massacre because Scott Fraser is Scottish.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 01:14 - Sep 10 with 4155 viewstextbackup

will they be here? haven't seen anything to suggest they will be

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 01:32 - Sep 10 with 4138 viewsJ2BLUE

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 21:32 - Sep 9 by Rob88

What are you suggesting?

When his accountant gets time, he will prove it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 03:52 - Sep 10 with 4074 viewsKeaneish

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 01:32 - Sep 10 by J2BLUE

When his accountant gets time, he will prove it.

Prove what? The science is so strong, it’s there to be disproved, not that you seem to have read much on it.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2021 3:56]

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 07:00 - Sep 10 with 3954 viewsPendejo

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 21:06 - Sep 9 by Keaneish

Sources?

I thought tower 7 had been explained

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 07:18 - Sep 10 with 3928 viewsKeaneish

Remembering 9-11 with our American owners. on 07:00 - Sep 10 by Pendejo

Sources?

I thought tower 7 had been explained

…that the building went into free fall collapse 8 hours after WTC 2 fell due to fire caused by falling debris? That’s the official explanation. Up to you whether you think that’s plausible or not.

26 minutes after WTC1 fell a sample of dust was collected. In that dust was 0.086 microgrammes of iron (steal carbon). In building demolition, levels of iron deposits typically register at 0.006 for the same sample size. The only way to explain that enormous increase is that the iron was either liquidated or it vaporised. Iron only liquidates or vaporises at extremely hot temperatures. To liquidise iron, temperatures of 1500 degrees; vaporising it takes another 1000 degrees more. The official NIST report claims the fires in the building burnt at 1000 degrees, which is no way near hot enough. The only consistent material and process to get iron to melt at the right temperature that quickly is thermitic reaction. Thermite was found in deposits at the bottom of all towers. Thermite is a consistent material used in controlled demolition.

I’m not arguing one way or the other. However, the public is owed a logical explanation to disprove the science.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024